Crime 23 people confirmed dead in N.S. mass shooting

Actually RCMP uniforms are almost impossible to get, it's likely he made a uniform. The RCMP officer should be trained to spot a fake cop. Also, the area they were in only has a small number of RCMP, and the RCMP are a paramilitary federal organization.

This should not have happened.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/portapique-shooting-memorials-april-21-1.5539894

Shooter was wearing an authentic RCMP uniform

The gunman was driving a replica RCMP vehicle for part of his rampage. He was also wearing an RCMP uniform, which police said was authentic, although they have not revealed how he acquired the clothing.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/portapique-shooting-memorials-april-21-1.5539894

Shooter was wearing an authentic RCMP uniform

The gunman was driving a replica RCMP vehicle for part of his rampage. He was also wearing an RCMP uniform, which police said was authentic, although they have not revealed how he acquired the clothing.

Yes I learned that. This is very unusual for Canada. I know RCMP officers and they have always told me those uniforms are hard to get, and impersonating RCMP is pretty rare.

We get loser impersonators that are easy to spot.

I don't think we have ever had an impersonation like this, not with RCMP anyway.

This whole thing is much different than I thought it would be. It's 45 mins away from me so I kinda just ignored assuming it started as a domestic or a guy losing his business.

This guy was like the Vegas guy. Highly intelligent monster.

Yes I learned that. This is very unusual for Canada. I know RCMP officers and they have always told me those uniforms are hard to get, and impersonating RCMP is pretty rare.

We get loser impersonators that are easy to spot.

I don't think we have ever had an impersonation like this, not with RCMP anyway.

This whole thing is much different than I thought it would be. It's 45 mins away from me so I kinda just ignored assuming it started as a domestic or a guy losing his business.

This guy was like the Vegas guy. Highly intelligent monster.
Please stop making premature comments in this thread based on your unfounded & uninformed opinions about a case that you dont know anything about. Did you really think it was impossible to get an authentic RCMP uniform? These things get lost and stolen all the time, much like military uniforms.

Also, I'm still waiting for the link that you have about the rcmp officer being tricked by a fake rcmp uniform because of her lack of training resulting in her death?

Right, you don't have it.

"yOuRe jUsT wRoNg"

Are you talking about actual starvation or exposure deaths? Or do you think the economic stresses would cause psychological breaks leading to potential murders and suicides?

I'm talking about panic and despair, in a group not used to uncertainty, leading to disruption of societal order, and violence. The amount of disruption and violence will greatly be influenced by the level of unemployment and duration.

I wouldn't want to guess what exactly would happen -- and I would not want to see it.

If you think that 35% unemployment for 2, 3, .. or more months, will go well. then you are out of your mind. Suicide and violence would be two things that would happen, but I would be more concerned about breakdown of social order.

Please stop making premature comments in this thread based on your unfounded & uninformed opinions about a case that you dont know anything about. Did you really think it was impossible to get an authentic RCMP uniform? These things get lost and stolen all the time, much like military uniforms.

Also, I'm still waiting for the link that you have about the rcmp officer being tricked by a fake rcmp uniform because of her lack of training resulting in her death?

Right, you don't have it.

"yOuRe jUsT wRoNg"

The RCMP have monopolized self defense in this country. Therefore, it is not acceptable in any way them losing a uniform. Everyone's life is at stake. I have had family members and know members of the RCMP and they have consistently assured me that can't happen.

They lied.

So me assuming that a civilian could get authentic uniforms and police vehicle, equipment, when all is prohibited,isn't reasonable. It's never happened to this degree in this country.

The RCMP assure us that they are omnipotent and don't make mistakes.

A an old man, a fellow veteran was killed approaching the house fire by this piece of shit because he thought it was a real cop. Don't you dare run interference for the RCMP you ignorant hack. I dont give a shit if you're a cop or not.

My brother in law just dug two fucking more bodies out of the fires.

Keep your tongue between your teeth if you don't understand the nuances of canadian domestic politics and RCMP public relations.

This isn't america.

Have they said anything about whether he was a registered firearm owner, and used a handgun? Blair avoided the direct question yesterday stating it would irresponsible to say, and if he was an unregistered handgun owner, neither would be actioned by Trudeau's assault-style weapon legislation he's trotting out again.

The RCMP have monopolized self defense in this country. Therefore, it is not acceptable in any way them losing a uniform. Everyone's life is at stake. I have had family members and know members of the RCMP and they have consistently assured me that can't happen.

They lied.

So me assuming that a civilian could get authentic uniforms and police vehicle, equipment, when all is prohibited,isn't reasonable. It's never happened to this degree in this country.

The RCMP assure us that they are omnipotent and don't make mistakes.

A an old man, a fellow veteran was killed approaching the house fire by this piece of shit because he thought it was a real cop. Don't you dare run interference for the RCMP you ignorant hack. I dont give a shit if you're a cop or not.

My brother in law just dug two fucking more bodies out of the fires.

Keep your tongue between your teeth if you don't understand the nuances of canadian domestic politics and RCMP public relations.

This isn't america.
Lmao. What are you talking about? I can link you to articles right now about RCMP uniforms getting stolen and lost by their members. Its public knowledge so all you have to do is look it up (obviously lost on someone like you) no one gives a shit if you know anyone in the RCMP. Hearsay from friends is not evidence of anything, so dont form your opinions on it. You know absolutely nothing and you've been exposed. You're the one who claimed the rcmp officer died because she had bad training and misidentified the perpetrator, so please back up your claim with evidence. Ya, you cant because you're a moron spewing non sense online about a murdered officer. Send me your link, that's all you need to do. You've lost all credibility here.

I can actually say to you with confidence, "you're just wrong".

If you think that 35% unemployment for 2, 3, .. or more months, will go well. then you are out of your mind. Suicide and violence would be two things that would happen, but I would be more concerned about breakdown of social order.

If people know their unemployment is a direct result of virus-related lockdowns and that they will be returning to their jobs eventually and that their basic living expenses are going to be covered by public funding for that duration the only suggestion that is "out of its mind" is that the society is going to devolve over the course of a few months into a Mad Max-style dystopia.

And what if the people support it , which I suspect they will , is that not how democracy is supposed to work ?

Didn't people support Hitler? Rights shouldn't be affected by popularity. Tyranny of the Majority is specifically avoided by having inalienable rights from a Constitution.

yup that's the big stop
No offense but it fucking sucks you were so right on this. Much worse than even the worst case scenario I had in mind even after I read your initial posts ITT.

I hope we find out what motivated such carefully thought out and planned evil but I also am not sure I want to know.

What a horrible story. It's kind of uniquely scary how the story continues to unfold and the body count rises. This guy was a fucking monster through and through. I don't care why he did it. There's nothing to justify this.

Reading through this thread is fucking horrific. Can't imagine what these people must have gone through in their last moments. Fuck... It reminds me of the norwegian massacre which is something I'll never get over.

You just can't understand it....

Have they said anything about whether he was a registered firearm owner, and used a handgun? Blair avoided the direct question yesterday stating it would irresponsible to say, and if he was an unregistered handgun owner, neither would be actioned by Trudeau's assault-style weapon legislation he's trotting out again.

At this point it doesn't matter. The Liberal party will dump hundreds of thousands of unregistered "military assault style rifles" on the black market and will do nothing about the Native supply lines.

Shootings are up in Toronto. The coronavirus isn't stopping criminal activity that much.

It's going to be chaos with all the unemployment.

Last edited:
Reading through this thread is fucking horrific. Can't imagine what these people must have gone through in their last moments. Fuck... It reminds me of the norwegian massacre which is something I'll never get over.

You just can't understand it....
No, that's for sure. I lived in that area for quite a while and I still can't imagine what it would be like for people who are there now. I mostly avoided the thread, and to be honest, I can't deal with too many details right now, I don't think. The more stuff that comes out the more it seems like a horror movie playing out, too much premeditated evil to be real life.

I'm half seriously believing that Trudeau Sr.'s son (whose birthday is Christmas day if you're into that) becoming Prime Minister in Canada broke reality and we entered the Twilight Zone in 2015--maybe even back in 2000 when Florida handed the election to Dubya. Suddenly, there's Brexit and Trump and legal weed and all this other crazy shit. I'm just spitballing because I'm high, but what a fucked up century we're in right now.

Why would they need the military for a police investigation? The weak love militarized police forces!

Military called in to help RCMP investigation of shooting rampage in Nova Scotia
Link

The Canadian military has been called in to help the Nova Scotia RCMP investigate one of the largest mass murders in the country's history.

The military issued a statement saying it has provided personnel, modular tents, lights, tables, chairs and generators to a number of locations in the province.

Photos from Portapique, N.S., show a large military truck and a number of other smaller vehicles parked along the entrance to Portapique Beach Road, where the shooting rampage started late Saturday.

Why would they need the military for a police investigation? The weak love militarized police forces!

Military called in to help RCMP investigation of shooting rampage in Nova Scotia
Link

The Canadian military has been called in to help the Nova Scotia RCMP investigate one of the largest mass murders in the country's history.

The military issued a statement saying it has provided personnel, modular tents, lights, tables, chairs and generators to a number of locations in the province.

Photos from Portapique, N.S., show a large military truck and a number of other smaller vehicles parked along the entrance to Portapique Beach Road, where the shooting rampage started late Saturday.

The help the military is providing to the rcmp is to essentially set up field command posts at all the different crime scenes to help the rcmp work in a mobile setting. The military's bread & butter. The CAF personnel will essentially be general labourers. They won't be playing a roll in the investigation.

The help the military is providing to the rcmp is to essentially set up field command posts at all the different crime scenes to help the rcmp work in a mobile setting. The military's bread & butter. The CAF personnel will essentially be general labourers. They won't be playing a roll in the investigation.

A militarized police force, what could go wrong?

Back