Crime 23 people confirmed dead in N.S. mass shooting

too often laws are dictated by people that the laws don't protect. The guy who lives and works in the city has no need for a gun and therefore deems that nobody should have one. They haven't been alone on a ranch in the middle of nowhere where surrounded by animals trying to protect their livestock where the nearest help is over an hour away.
No one is saying seize all guns though

{<huh}

Canada doesn't have a constitution , we have a charter of rights and freedoms and gun ownership is not protected in it .

And piss off with the Hitler crap , you know you're losing a debate when you resort to " But Hitler ! "
Canada does have a Constitution. See the Constitution Act of 1982. The Charter of Rights and Freedoms is part 1 of the constitution.

No one is saying seize all guns though

{<huh}
No one? Sure there are. There are people that believe that the only people who should have access to weapons are the police. Hunters be damned. They can go bow hunting instead and they should really just become vegan.
And people who advocate for changes often know very little about firearms and how they work, and what types of legislation's are already in place. What are "assault-style weapons"? Black firearms that function exactly the same as many other semi-auto rifles.
People scream about Assault Rifles and how people shouldn't be able to have them. Well guess what. People already can't have them. An assault rifle has selective fire capabilities with an intermediate cartridge. Those are already classified as prohibited, as you can't have a select fire firearm. People literally think the AR in AR-15 stands for Assault Rifle. It stands for ArmaLite.

Canada does have a Constitution. See the Constitution Act of 1982. The Charter of Rights and Freedoms is part 1 of the constitution.

It's not a constitution in any way an American would think of it ( and it goes back to the British North America act ) , our rights are set out in the charter of rights and freedoms and gun ownership is not protected .

No one? Sure there are. There are people that believe that the only people who should have access to weapons are the police. Hunters be damned. They can go bow hunting instead and they should really just become vegan.
And people who advocate for changes often know very little about firearms and how they work, and what types of legislation's are already in place. What are "assault-style weapons"? Black firearms that function exactly the same as many other semi-auto rifles.
People scream about Assault Rifles and how people shouldn't be able to have them. Well guess what. People already can't have them. An assault rifle has selective fire capabilities with an intermediate cartridge. Those are already classified as prohibited, as you can't have a select fire firearm. People literally think the AR in AR-15 stands for Assault Rifle. It stands for ArmaLite.
No one in the sense that's an insignificant minority .

Do really think the government is going to try and seize all firearms ?

No one in the sense that's an insignificant minority .

No minority is insignificant any longer. Just look at the amount of noise created by the vocal TRA's.

All firearms? No. But I think they are going to go after all semi-automatic ones which constitutes a large portion of the firearms out there. Would a Ruger 10/22 be included in that?

No minority is insignificant any longer. Just look at the amount of noise created by the vocal TRA's.

All firearms? No. But I think they are going to go after all semi-automatic ones which constitutes a large portion of the firearms out there. Would a Ruger 10/22 be included in that?
By go after do you mean seize them or just restrict future sales ?

I don't think they will or should take anyone's guns but if they want to restrict future sales I don't have a strong opinion one way or the other .

McKay already has a solid chance in the next election , if they try and seize guns it will likely blow up in their face .

Last edited:

I don't think they will or should take anyone's guns but if they want to restrict future sales I don't have a strong opinion one way or the other .

McKay already has a solid chance in the next , if they try and seize guns it will likely blow up in their face .
Take or prevent you from using it. Does it matter if they make you turn it it or if they let you keep it and change the laws so that you can no longer go out and use it. They grandfathered firearms before in that you could keep it but not use it.

Take or prevent you from using it. Does it matter if they make you turn it it or if they let you keep it and change the laws so that you can no longer go out and use it. They grandfathered firearms before in that you could keep it but not use it.
Seems like a pretty big difference to me , especially if you have a rural property and can use it to your heart's content regardless .

This is pretty freakin insane. 13 hours after this maniac started his rampage, the RCMP were still drafting the emergency alert message? Maybe they couldn't agree on what pronouns to use?

https://nationalpost.com/news/rcmp-...erer-was-killed/amp?__twitter_impression=true

The truth is far more sinister.

“And then a discussion about how the message would be constructed and what it would say. In that hour and a bit of consultation, the subject (Wortman) was killed,” he continued.

A growing chorus of voices, ranging from experts to family and friends of victims, are harshly criticizing the RCMP for not having used the province’s Ready Alert system to warn Nova Scotians about the murderer on the loose.

The province had used the system a little more than a week earlier to warn Nova Scotians to avoid gathering during the long Easter weekend because of the COVID-19 pandemic.

But internet access is spotty in some remote areas of Nova Scotia and the local RCMP’s Twitter account has less than 100,000 followers (not all of which are Nova Scotians) in a province of nearly one million.

“I am very satisfied with our messaging on Twitter,” he added when asked about the information being sent out on social media throughout the manhunt.

RCMP officials once again refused to answer questions as to the two cases that were referred to the Serious Incident Response Team (SIRT), the body that investigates police incidents.

A report published by the Truro Daily on Wednesday claims that two RCMP officers showed up to a hall being used as a registration centre for evacuees from the manhunt, failed to identify themselves, and fired shots on the building.

Seems like a pretty big difference to me , especially if you have a rural property and can use it to your heart's content regardless .
Once they become prohibited you can't even transport them to a range.
Contrary to belief most gun owners don't want to be outside the law and would not be comfortable discharging a prohibited weapon anywhere. Not many are going to risk their freedom to squeeze off some rounds from an AR-15 (which is already restricted despite functioning exactly like many on the non-restricted list).
We have some good gun laws already. Everything requires licences and training. A non-restricted licence allows you own many types of shotguns and rifles. Then you have the restricted class (hand guns mostly and some rifles that are no different than many on the non restricted) where you can own them, but their use is tightly controlled. How and where you store them, how you can transport them, where you can use them etc. This requires additional training and testing, as well as regulations. Then we have prohibited which are well.... prohibited.
Legal guns has never really been the problem here. The vast majority of gun crimes are not committed by legal gun owners.

Too expensive. They have to do it gradually over time while brainwashing the public and turning them into children dependent on big government.

McKay already has a solid chance in the next election , if they try and seize guns it will likely blow up in their face .

Restricting sales will create unemployment and will hurt the American and Canadian economy. AR-15s and all the accessories are not the problem and neither is any other gun. You're telling me you don't care about the cost of confiscating and destroying all the guns? Do you not care about the black market? What about all the mags and ammo? All of that will be dumped on the streets.

Do you really believe there's going to be a mountain of AR-15s (some are very expensive), SKS's, VZ58s, t81s, M14s, tavors etc with Trudeau standing in front of it giving a thumbs up?

Last edited:
This event proves that it's important to have an AR-15 or any other firearm you're able to afford.

The only reason these people care about the AR-15 is because their media never shuts up about it.

"AR-15" is repeated how many times a year?

I'm having a hard time believing people are this weak. You beg for your own debt enslavement. You beg for a militarized police force that will spray bullets throughout your community and stomp on your neck. You want your life to be controlled by the government and that to me is just so pathetic.

Spineless cowards.

Last edited:
This event proves that it's important to have an AR-15 or any other firearm you're able to afford.
The only reason these people care about the AR-15 is because their media never shuts up about it.
"AR-15" is repeated how many times a year?
People are comfortable with the AR-15 for a reason. It's a solid platform that many people had experience with. It doesn't have the select fire of the of the M-16 but other wise operates similarly, with similar parts and cleaning.
Makes sense that if you hand the rifle to millions of people in the military, and then when they become civilians they will want to use a rifle that functions similarly.
The only rifle I ever really wanted outside of a .22LR was an FN FAL, because the rifle I learned to shoot on was the Canadian Version the FN C1A1. Alas I will never own it because it is prohibited. Even though there are many other types of semi

yeah people from portapique were being processed there

it's very odd because it's exactly the type of target the shooter would have loved to hit but yet he was allegedly 'not in the area' (meaning he tool the trans canada which runs roughly parallel ~1km away)

There's people in Canada that want this kind of action forced on everyone.

I don't need the government for protection.

Wow... his main target and reason for doing all of this... survived.

Nova Scotia shootings began after gunman attacked his girlfriend, sources say
https://globalnews.ca/news/6858994/nova-scotia-shootings-gunman-attacked-girlfriend/

The killings that began Saturday night in the rural Nova Scotia community of Portapique and ended the next morning with the death of the gunman at a gas station started with domestic violence when Gabriel Wortman attacked his girlfriend, sources tell Global News.

Investigators believe Wortman and his girlfriend were at a party at a nearby home in the Portapique area when Wortman began arguing with her. They left the party and sources believe Wortman escalated the argument back at his cottage — assaulting her and tying her up. She escaped and hid in the woods.

Wortman left his cottage after the assault and investigators believe that’s when the shootings started. He returned to the house where the party was being held and killed several people there, sources said.

"She escaped and hid in the woods"

Smart thinking.

Last edited:
looks like the fire hall incident was a blue-on-blue engagement, they assumed the legit mountie there was the shooter

Back