• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

***2024 NBA Thread - Let The Games Begin***

Fucking bleacher report links showing up as garbage BRB

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/8162699/nba-ranking-top-10-big-3s-all-time

- DeCandre Jordan being cited as part of the Flops big 3

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tomvan...orst-big-threes-for-the-buck/?sh=ceb5b1ecb24a

All kinds of can trios being labeled by the media as Big 3s over the years?
Bro you keep falling into the same traps over and over. Thanks for solidifying my points even more.

From the first article you posted:

“With so many superstars teaming up over the past five seasons, you might be tempted to think the NBA's current "Big 3" era (touched off by the Celtics' acquisitions of Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett in the summer of 2007)”

From the second article:

“Subtle forms of the Big Three have existed for years, but the concept really took off in 2008 when the Boston Celtics spent recently-cleared salary cap space on Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen, who teamed with Paul Pierce to capture an NBA title.”

Literally the second article is about a modified “big 3” for that season based on budgeting salaries lmao. Did you even read the article?

“Here are the NBA’s top six and bottom six teams in bang for the Big Three buck”

Anyone can post a list of who they think are a big three. That was never the issue, it’s the general idea you stated that there was a definition with your made up nonsense of ppg totals.

Idk who’s worse, you or ferris lmao

Bro you keep falling into the same traps over and over. Thanks for solidifying my points even more.

From the first article you posted:

“With so many superstars teaming up over the past five seasons, you might be tempted to think the NBA's current "Big 3" era (touched off by the Celtics' acquisitions of Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett in the summer of 2007)”

From the second article:

“Subtle forms of the Big Three have existed for years, but the concept really took off in 2008 when the Boston Celtics spent recently-cleared salary cap space on Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen, who teamed with Paul Pierce to capture an NBA title.”

Literally the second article is about a modified “big 3” for that season based on budgeting salaries lmao. Did you even read the article?

“Here are the NBA’s top six and bottom six teams in bang for the Big Three buck”

Anyone can post a list of who they think are a big three. That was never the issue, it’s the general idea you stated that there was a definition with your made up nonsense of ppg totals.

Idk who’s worse, you or ferris lmao

https ://bleacherreport.com/articles/1704760-ranking-every-nba-big-3-post-free-agent-frenzy-edition

Bleacher report hates this site. Feel free to delete the space between the https and the link doe.

The trios of talent the NBA referred to as big 3s over the years post Celtics was slapped on many garbage teams. That is the point I am making. When citing ppg totals I'm saying the standards to be labelled a big 3 back then weren't hard to meet. Even 10 ppg players were mentioned as big 3 members if they played tough defence (Tyson Chandler and DeCandre).

It’s not like modern big threes/super teams were anything special. Only 1 was an actual dynasty, and that was San Antonio.

Celtics only won 1.
Heat only won 2.
Golden State with KD only won 2.

Yeah the 2007 Celtics was the first example for the current use of the term where a team of superstars was assembled. Miami was where it really became a standard and spawned the nonsense afterwards.

I have to say, it's hilarious reading some of the examples in this thread. It's wild what people come up with.
What's your definition for super team?

Hopefully the fat serb puts a stamp on Minnesota tonight. Forever a poverty sports city..........

Nostalgia chasers getting fucking wrecked by @The Servant ITT

Y'all getting Alzheimer's or just dementia. Either way, do your sudokus or whatever so you keep your minds keen. Man is spitting acts and you're all mad about it.

Gonna try and get into tonights game, but I got a lot of life stuff going on. Both good/coming out of the woods on the bad. You guys better enjoy ANT's GOATness for me. Thx.

They should start Reid over Rudy
Let Karl guard Joker
Rudy stays on help defense the entire game

Gonna be a close game but I think the nuggets close this out

They should start Reid over Rudy
Let Karl guard Joker
Rudy stays on help defense the entire game

Gonna be a close game but I think the nuggets close this out
Its literally whether or not KAT is a bitch, no line ups matter if he's gonna be a glass jawed whiny bitch the whole time he's on the floor.

This singer is way better than the woman from last night.

Nostalgia chasers getting fucking wrecked by @The Servant ITT

Y'all getting Alzheimer's or just dementia. Either way, do your sudokus or whatever so you keep your minds keen. Man is spitting acts and you're all mad about it.

Gonna try and get into tonights game, but I got a lot of life stuff going on. Both good/coming out of the woods on the bad. You guys better enjoy ANT's GOATness for me. Thx.
Of course you side with the genius proclaiming the amazing wizards big three of Arenas, Jamison and whatever plug is the 3rd lmao.

Good you stayed out and actually didn’t try to back him and ferris though. We all know you can’t handle the smoke lol

Good start for Denver hopefully Murray can get it going too. Joker looks to score early.

Back