• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

***2024 NBA Thread - Let The Games Begin***

Do you have the numerous examples? I’m racking my brain trying to remember 15+ teams with 3 players of the caliber of the Boston big 3.

I don’t consider RJ as part of a big 3 either. Who’s the other two? Kidd and Kenyon Martin or Kittles?

And the reason the celts were known as the big 3 was because 3 great franchise players all joined together to form a superteam essentially. This is the distinction.

A big 3 did not have to be a super team. Antwan Jamison, Gil and whatever plug they had was one. Melo, AI and Kmart were a big 3, Chicago with Rose, Deng and Jokim Noah, Suns with Nash, Amare, Marion. Okc with KD, Brick and young 16ppg Harden, Spurs with Tony, Duncan and Ginobli. Big 3 was being slapped on any capable trio. They didn't have to be Heat or Celtics tier.

Whether or not they were on par with the Heat or Celtics that did not stop commentators and talking heads. They labeled everything as a big 3 for hype purposes to pretend these can teams had any shot at anything. If you say otherwise you smoked too much weed or didn't watch the games where this was always mentioned.

Last edited:
A big 3 did not have to be a super team. Antwan Jamison, Gil and whatever plug they had was one. Melo, AI and Kmart were a big 3, Chicago with Rose, Deng and Jokim Noah, Suns with Nash, Amare, Marion. Okc with KD, Brick and young 16ppg Harden, Spurs with Tony, Duncan and Ginobli. Big 3 was being slapped on any capable trio. They didn't have to be Heat or Celtics tier.
It essentially did though. That label of a big 3 was only really used after the Boston team-up and even more used with the Heat. 3 good players on a team or just a team’s top 3 players are not considered a “big 3”

It essentially did though. That label of a big 3 was only really used after the Boston team-up and even more used with the Heat. 3 good players on a team or just a team’s top 3 players are not considered a “big 3”

Well NBA media and announcers used the term to describe any group of 3 players where each had > 15ppg. I'll go back in time and tell them they were wrong for calling them these things according to 2024 standards. Note they did NOT say super teams, but BIG 3.

Tony Parker and Ginobli averaged 17 next to Duncans 22-25 and they were definitely described as a big 3. Hell, that big 3 was one shot away from 2-0ing SUPER TEAM BIG 3 definition you use for Miami. Lmao.

The standard for 3rd wheel of big 3: Bosh on 16ppg in Miami, K Love in Cleveland: 16ppg. Those cans could put up 22 to 24 ppg when leading 40 win teams to first round exits and missing yoffs.

Last edited:
Well NBA media and announcers used the term to describe any group of 3 players where each had > 15ppg. I'll go back in time and tell them they were wrong for calling them these things according to 2024 standards. Note they did NOT say super teams, but BIG 3.

Tony Parker and Ginobli averaged 17 next to Duncans 22-25 and they were definitely described as a big 3. Hell, that big 3 was one shot away from 2-0ing SUPER TEAM BIG 3 definition you use for Miami. Lmao.
I literally used the spurs as an example of one lmao. Not sure why you aren’t grasping the concept…

Also I’ve never heard media or anyone else use a 15+ points criteria to determine a big 3. Could you please source or reference this? I’m genuinely curious.

I literally used the spurs as an example of one lmao. Not sure why you aren’t grasping the concept…

Also I’ve never heard media or anyone else use a 15+ points criteria to determine a big 3. Could you please source or reference this? I’m genuinely curious.

I added it. 16ppg Love in Cleveland, 16ppg Boosh in Miami. Both were cans that exited the 1st round after 40 wins on their own. I dont really care about your definitions to be honest, but I know for a fact announcers and analysts referred to any above average 3 as a big 3 regardless of size and to say otherwise I gotta really wonder if you watched ball back then because I dont believe you posted in this thread during that time.

I added it. 16ppg Love in Cleveland, 16ppg Boosh in Miami. Both were cans that exited the 1st round after 40 wins on their own. I dont really care about your definitions to be honest, but I know for a fact announcers and analysts referred to any above average 3 as a big 3 regardless of size and to say otherwise I gotta really wonder if you watched ball back then because I dont believe you posted in this thread during that time.
You and ferris are really something else lmao. So you got nothing to reference and just made up your own criteria, great.

You and ferris are really something else lmao. So you got nothing to reference and just made up your own criteria, great.

Ok, show me your reference outside of your own criteria. I literally showed you the teams you said were superteams had 3rd wheels in the 16ppg territory, which is what I said so I dont get it?

Ok, show me your reference outside of your own criteria. I literally showed you the teams you said were superteams had 3rd wheels in the 16ppg territory, which is what I said so I dont get it?
You’ve shown me jack shit lol. I asked you to reference all the nba media and others who classified the big 3 according to your made up criteria. I’ll wait

Whether or not they were on par with the Heat or Celtics that did not stop commentators and talking heads. They labeled everything as a big 3 for hype purposes to pretend these can teams had any shot at anything. If you say otherwise you smoked too much weed or didn't watch the games where this was always mentioned.
Caron Butler lol

The fact he listed “whatever plug” the wizards had killed his entire argument from the start. Dude couldn’t even name a 3rd from that team

It was Antawn Jamison who was averaging 20 around this time.

Arenas, Jamison and Butler were all generally scoring 20 PPG in the mid 2000s. Arenas did way better than that.

I didn't bring up the names cause I thought it was obvious who I meant. Clearly I was wrong.

It was Antwan Jamison who was averaging 20 around this time.

Arenas, Jamison and Butler were generally scoring around 20 PPG in the mid 2000s.

I didn't bring up the names cause I thought it was obvious who I meant. Clearly I was wrong.
Its Antawn*

Stop disrespecting the michael Jordan of that era

It was Antawn Jamison who was averaging 20 around this time.

Arenas, Jamison and Butler were all generally scoring 20 PPG in the mid 2000s. Arenas did way better than that.

lol are you posting from two different accounts now? wtf is going on, did I just catch you posting from your alt?

<6>

Last edited:
lol are you posting from two different accounts now? wtf is going on, did I just catch you posting from your alt?

<6>

? No. You asked me to name big 3s and were shitting on me for just putting Wizards without listing the players.

? No. You asked me to name big 3s and were shitting on me for just putting Wizards without listing the players.
Look who croaker quoted that you replied to and who I was going back and forth with today. Are you seriously not comprehending?

Back