• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

***2024 NBA Thread - Let The Games Begin***

Or, hear me out, he doesn't fit into the Suns system and they don't have complimentary players that accentuate what he's good at.

Calling him mediocre is stupid as fuck. His biggest downside has been major injuries. He's been an elite scorer his entire career.

I agree with this.

Bosh and Kevin Love had this happen when they went from the number 1 scoring option to the number 3. Everyone knew a major statistical drop was coming. Thats just the way it works.

Huge win for Denver pretty much sealed up the 1 seed unless Nuggs lose to Spurs or Memphis which seems highly unlikely.
Was hoping Twolves or Thunder would take the 1 seed. Really don’t want to see the Nuggets in the 2nd round if the Mavs advance.

Was hoping Twolves or Thunder would take the 1 seed. Really don’t want to see the Nuggets in the 2nd round if the Mavs advance.
I would rather see the Clippers than Mavs in the second round. Denver has been owning the Clippers for a while. I would favor Denver against both but Mavs i see going more games.

I would rather see the Clippers than Mavs in the second round. Denver has been owning the Clippers for a while. I would favor Denver against both but Mavs i see going more games.
Yeah I don’t think anyone wants to see the Mavs with how they’re playing now. They won’t be an easy out for any team and will make them earn the series.

I want to see Kawhi, Russ and Harden win a ring just to see the media reaction. It would be magical.

Funny to see so many people are bitter that they can't scape goat Rob Palinka (they really wish they could). Let's face it, if not for Palinka's move making, between Jeanie and LeGM the Lakers would be a lottery team.

In the past if anything went wrong, the media and others with an agenda would love to condemningly point the finger at Palinka.

Rob even pulled the Lakers back from Bron's Westbrook request. Hell even Magic Johnson tried to scape goat Palinka - using him as an excuse on why he stone cold quit on the franchise.

I'm happy for Rob that he was able to make everyone trying to throw him under the bus look stupid. Under difficult conditions, and unfair scrutiny, he let his performance do the talking. Good for him.

Last edited:
Funny to see so many people are bitter that they can't scape goat Rob Palinka (they really wish they could). Let's face it, if not for Palinka's move making, between Jeanie and LeGM the Lakers would be a lottery team.

In the past if anything went wrong, the media and others with an agenda would love to condemningly point the finger at Palinka.

Rob even pulled the Lakers back from Bron's Westbrook request. Hell even Magic Johnson tried to scape goat Palinka - using him as an excuse on why he stone cold quit on the franchise.

I'm happy for Rob that he was able to make everyone trying to throw him under the bus look stupid. Under difficult conditions, and unfair scrutiny, he let his performance do the talking. Good for him.

Everyone is to blame. Buss is a cheap hoe, the front office misses on draft picks and let key guys like Caruso, dennis and Lonnie go. LeJuice wants to bring in his homies. Ham fucking sucks as a coach. There’s no single entity at fault for the lakers inevitable early playoff exit.

That said people will either blame it 100% on LeJuice or 0% on LeJuice lol.

Last edited:
Everyone is to blame. Buss is a cheap hoe, the front office misses on draft picks and key guys like Schroeder and Lonnie go. LeJuice wants to bring in his homies. Ham fucking sucks as a coach. There’s no single entity at fault for the lakers inevitable early playoff exit.

Who has a better chance to give the Nuggets a challenge in the first round, Wario's or Lakes? Probably Lakes as they will have a chance every other game with gAyD flashing brilliance then forgetting everything he ever knew the next game.

Who has a better chance to give the Nuggets a challenge in the first round, Wario's or Lakes? Probably Lakes as they will have a chance every other game with gAyD flashing brilliance then forgetting everything he ever knew the next game.

They both probably get destroyed but the lakes size might win them a game or 2. I’d be surprised if either series made it to 6 games. Nuggs in 4 or 5 pretty easily.

Yeah I don’t think anyone wants to see the Mavs with how they’re playing now. They won’t be an easy out for any team and will make them earn the series.

Happy to see its a Clips Mavs 4v5, much prefer the Sons or NOP. Really prefer Suns to make it out of the play in and lock in their spot but we know they're getting their backs blown out by D tier squads.

Lakers probably played the nuggs the best last year even if they didn't win a single game and that was with Lebron being hobbled. I think 3 games were really close up until the end and that was with Murray going nuclear (something that he didn't do against anyone else in the playoffs btw). The lakers facing the nuggest this early would give them the best chance at beating them since they would be relatively fresh, but they would probably still lose in six or seven. But they'll probably just lose one of the games in the play in and not even make the playoffs. Western conference is just crazy deep this year.

Everyone is to blame. Buss is a cheap hoe, the front office misses on draft picks and let key guys like Caruso, dennis and Lonnie go. LeJuice wants to bring in his homies. Ham fucking sucks as a coach. There’s no single entity at fault for the lakers inevitable early playoff exit.

This is the best answer. Everyone has messed up. I blame the Buss family the most. They've gone really cheap in scouting and on trainers.

Lol. Same excuses, different year. They shipped guys in and out of the Flakes on a whim.

This is the team that was asked for. If healthy and AD is playing really well then they can beat almost anyone. Whenever things start to go slightly wrong everyone points fingers and no one takes responsibility. That starts with the leader of your team.

But hey, Jeanie seems to be a pretty big hit so it surely can't be her fault.

jeanie-buss-putting-her-head-on-lebron-james-shou-5-2388-1710014881-0_dblwide.jpg

Lakers probably played the nuggs the best last year even if they didn't win a single game and that was with Lebron being hobbled. I think 3 games were really close up until the end and that was with Murray going nuclear (something that he didn't do against anyone else in the playoffs btw). The lakers facing the nuggest this early would give them the best chance at beating them since they would be relatively fresh, but they would probably still lose in six or seven. But they'll probably just lose one of the games in the play in and not even make the playoffs. Western conference is just crazy deep this year.
Time between games is longer in the first round too. That benefits the Lakers. I don't think the West is deep at all. I don't believe in anyone. I believe in Luka and Kyrie right now because they can stagger offensive ability better than anyone in the NBA.

Pelinka and Buss deserve most of it though. If LeBron was having issues with coaches, its their fucking job to mediate that level of relationships. Pelinka wasted 2 years of LeBron's career with subpar roster building too. With that said, I doubt LeBron played as much of a role as people think. Him finally being in LA and making more money than ever probably helped ease the shit show that's been the Lakers for the last 4 years lol

Obviously he deserves some of the blame, we just have no idea where to attribute it.

The funniest part is delusional Faker fans thinking they’re going to land Luka.. lmao no superstar is going there

The sad thing is this actually gives LeBald more credit than he deserves.

Back