***2019 NBA Playoffs v3.0 - Kyrie & Logic: A Hilarious Dichotomy***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since KD joined they have won over 90% of the games he missed. LoL
So why did they cry for KD to join their team? Bunch of cucks on that team. No wonder Curry’s wife is crying for attention.

It'll be interesting to see two stars that are awful with the media in KD and Kyrie try to make it in New York.

Granted, Kyrie already has dealt with Boston sports media, which is arguably even worse, but still. If the Knicks don't gel right away it's gonna be prime popcorn season
Lol @ KD’s bitch ass handling NY media and expectations to change a shit franchise when he cant even handle coasting to Ships.

Kawhi has been amazing this post-season. He had one bad quarter tonight (albeit at the worst time). He doesn't deserve the shame of the rest of the Raptors.
He Got have a sore back from all that carrying.

LOLOL

The Bucks aside from Lopez and Brogdon played like complete shit and the Craptors still couldn't beat them even with Kyle Lowry having the game of his fucking life.

The Bucks bench advantage is just too much. The Raptors have to run their starters into the ground to even stand a chance and the Bucks can empty their bench and be competitive.

So why did they cry for KD to join their team? Bunch of cucks on that team. No wonder Curry’s wife is crying for attention.

To counter Bern. They beat him when he didn't have Love and Kyrie and they were about to lose a few players So they went for broke for KD, and KD wanted an easier road to the title and is justifiably roasted for it.
LOLOL

The Bucks aside from Lopez and Brogdon played like complete shit and the Craptors still couldn't beat them even with Kyle Lowry having the game of his fucking life.

The Bucks bench advantage is just too much. The Raptors have to run their starters into the ground to even stand a chance and the Bucks can empty their bench and be competitive.

Credit to their coach how many guys would overreact and keep the starters in to try to fix it. The Bucks Bench gave solid minutes , Especially Brogden and Illyasova , Ersan's numbers weren't great but he is a capable defender to throw at Kawhi and can still help spread the floor too.

I'm impressed with how deep they are. I. Don't think GS will lose to them but the Bucks look like their toughest out.

Last edited:
So you admit that +/- is a useless stat and doesn't mean he's actually valuable when he shoots 4/15 in a normal yoff game?

Or maybe for a single game it isn’t as telling as a bigger sample size?? Crazy I know!! Or as I keep saying Lowry does a lot more than just score. Last night he had steals, amazing passes, draw charges, get loose balls etc etc

Why act obtuse ?

Or maybe for a single game it isn’t as telling as a bigger sample size?? Crazy I know!! Or as I keep saying Lowry does a lot more than just score. Last night he had steals, amazing passes, draw charges, get loose balls etc etc

Why act obtuse ?
Large or small sample size it's completely dependent on team performance and circumstances of which minutes you're playing. It's not useful for determining a player's value in any way and shouldn't be thrown up to defend a player when they have a shitty game, nor to tear them down when they have a good one.

And
hlvkaX8.gif

Large or small sample size it's completely dependent on team performance and circumstances of which minutes you're playing. It's not useful for determining a player's value in any way and shouldn't be thrown up to defend a player when they have a shitty game, nor to tear them down when they have a good one.

And
hlvkaX8.gif

I never said plus minus was a be all end all stat. In fact I never used it as proof of anything. That was other posters. I said if you can’t see all the little things Lowry does to help a team win games you don’t know ball that well. If you just look at shooting % to determine a players worth you have a simplistic view of a complicated game. There is a reason Lowry is a major part of one of the top regular season AND playoff teams for the last 5 years. It’s because he is a top flight pg who has a major effect on games whether he scores or not

LOLOL

Let's not pretend like Marc gasol and Danny green didn't play like shit

I never said plus minus was a be all end all stat. In fact I never used it as proof of anything. That was other posters. I said if you can’t see all the little things Lowry does to help a team win games you don’t know ball that well. If you just look at shooting % to determine a players worth you have a simplistic view of a complicated game. There is a reason Lowry is a major part of one of the top regular season AND playoff teams for the last 5 years. It’s because he is a top flight pg who has a major effect on games whether he scores or not
I try not to bag on Lowry too much, except when he's being propped up as a premiere PG. I think he does a lot of 'effort' things and works to utilize the physical assets he does have. However, I also think he's fairly replaceable, except for the contract.

Another double digit lead blow. New year, same cRaps. Lowry hit all his 3 pointers for the series in one game, all downhill from here.

I try not to bag on Lowry too much, except when he's being propped up as a premiere PG. I think he does a lot of 'effort' things and works to utilize the physical assets he does have. However, I also think he's fairly replaceable, except for the contract.

Lowry is a the quintessential behind the numbers player. His contributions don’t show up in sheer numbers and so he doesn’t get the credit he deserves.

The first game of this years playoffs they lost to the Magic and Lowry went 0-7 from the field and missed both free throws. What a bum right? Well he was +11 in the box score, basically the only Craps player with a positive +\-.

Lowry is tough, he sets screens, he hustles, he rebounds well for a guard and boxes out, he sits around a 3/1 ast to turnover ratio and gets steals like that nice rip he had on Middleton last night.

But he does tend to shrink in big moments and he can’t get a decent shot when you need one.

That Lowry v Lillard convo was interesting because they are very different players but I don’t think either can take a team further than the other. I’d probably give Lillard the slight advantage because he can get buckets when you need them.

Lowry is a the quintessential behind the numbers player. His contributions don’t show up in sheer numbers and so he doesn’t get the credit he deserves.

The first game of this years playoffs they lost to the Magic and Lowry went 0-7 from the field and missed both free throws. What a bum right? Well he was +11 in the box score, basically the only Craps player with a positive +\-.

Lowry is tough, he sets screens, he hustles, he rebounds well for a guard and boxes out, he sits around a 3/1 ast to turnover ratio and gets steals like that nice rip he had on Middleton last night.

But he does tend to shrink in big moments and he can’t get a decent shot when you need one.

That Lowry v Lillard convo was interesting because they are very different players but I don’t think either can take a team further than the other. I’d probably give Lillard the slight advantage because he can get buckets when you need them.

Pretty fair assessment. My only counter would be you can always count on many of the things you credited with Lowry bringing to the table. You can’t with lillard because he is a high volume chucker. His career yoff numbers all fall off when teams prepare properly for him he is a 40% fg and 35% from 3. Lowry is 41% and 34. Basically the same but more volume yet dame is heralded around here like some yoff beast who will win you games? They lost a lot in the first round for a reason. I rather cj in the crunch than dame

As the conversation that preceded that post explained, I put 0 value in +/-. He had the worst +/- of the Faps starters last night, despite having an outstanding game. It just doesn't mean anything.

The rest of this I agree with as mostly an expansion of what I wrote. I don't put him in Lillard's class because at the end of the day, the ability to score against good defense is more important than the ability to defend against good offense. It's basketball. Good offense beats good defense.

Lowsy's got the ability to put up something close to game 1 numbers on any given night and yet does it rarely. That's why he's Lowsy

Beri your under selling of Lillard is criminal. Knock it off.

As the conversation that preceded that post explained, I put 0 value in +/-. He had the worst +/- of the Faps starters last night, despite having an outstanding game. It just doesn't mean anything.

The rest of this I agree with as mostly an expansion of what I wrote. I don't put him in Lillard's class because at the end of the day, the ability to score against good defense is more important than the ability to defend against good offense. It's basketball. Good offense beats good defense.

+\- doesn’t mean everything but it can be fairly telling over the long term.

It really jumps out at you when you look at DeMarcus Cousin’s season with the Warriors, it’s like every combo not including Cousins does fine and every combo with Cousins suffers. Because despite whatever stats he puts up, his plodding, slow footed turnover happy, inefficient game causes you to lose.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back