Elections 2018 Riksdag (Sweden)

Is this a Monty Python sketch? Sweden is the equivalent of a submissive puppy wanting to please at all costs and showing its tummy at the slightest sign of conflict. Pathetic.

I agree, it's pathetic, but to be fair, it is not by conscious choice. You really have to live here (Scandinavia) to understand the massive constant brainwashing we are under, from day 1. From cradle to grave, you belong to The State, constantly monitored and socially engineered by experts, and your only ambition is to be average, To be a good little obedient model citizen. And then - if you are really really good- maybe you can become one of the experts that tell other people how to be good little model citizens.

To speak nothing of the collective cognitive dissonance - on the one hand the experts will have us believe our societies (ei. The State) are the best in the world (of course, how else will they legitimise us paying through the nose in taxes to finance the big government?) on the other hand we also have to accept that we are so useless we need constant monitoring and nannying from the experts :D and if we step even a little bit out of line, say we criticise unchecked immigration, oh then we are bigoted nazis etc.

It is not easy to be at the same time both the luckiest/happiest/richest/smartest/most tolerant etc and the most useless/bigoted/infantile/backward/nazi people in the world...

Oh, it's all so confusing. Thank god for all the experts to tell us what to think, what ever would we do without them :rolleyes:

About the conflict avoidance thing: We get bad winters here, and since millennia we are hardwired for cooperation and harmony. For survival. This is the positive expression. And of course the dark side of that is conflict avoidance which can now be exploited by politicians, social engineers and more cynical people.

Meh. The Sweden Democrats advance significantly, but a bit less than expected. The pressure is on the right-wing block to initiate cooperation with them, but they probably won't and concede to the left (like last time). Status quo and the country digs itself deeper into the hole for another four years.

Meh. The Sweden Democrats advance significantly, but a bit less than expected. The pressure is on the right-wing block to initiate cooperation with them, but they probably won't and concede to the left (like last time). Status quo and the country digs itself deeper into the hole for another four years.

The ball isn't just with the center-right Alliance, it's also with SD who will have to balance the demand for influence with the risk of allowing a government that's much further away from their politics than the Alliance is.

It's a small step, but still, it's a step in the right direction. Something to be cherished is even possible.

I agree, it's pathetic, but to be fair, it is not by conscious choice. You really have to live here (Scandinavia) to understand the massive constant brainwashing we are under, from day 1. From cradle to grave, you belong to The State, constantly monitored and socially engineered by experts, and your only ambition is to be average, To be a good little obedient model citizen. And then - if you are really really good- maybe you can become one of the experts that tell other people how to be good little model citizens.

To speak nothing of the collective cognitive dissonance - on the one hand the experts will have us believe our societies (ei. The State) are the best in the world (of course, how else will they legitimise us paying through the nose in taxes to finance the big government?) on the other hand we also have to accept that we are so useless we need constant monitoring and nannying from the experts :D and if we step even a little bit out of line, say we criticise unchecked immigration, oh then we are bigoted nazis etc.

It is not easy to be at the same time both the luckiest/happiest/richest/smartest/most tolerant etc and the most useless/bigoted/infantile/backward/nazi people in the world...

Oh, it's all so confusing. Thank god for all the experts to tell us what to think, what ever would we do without them :rolleyes:

About the conflict avoidance thing: We get bad winters here, and since millennia we are hardwired for cooperation and harmony. For survival. This is the positive expression. And of course the dark side of that is conflict avoidance which can now be exploited by politicians, social engineers and more cynical people.

But... but... racis…

I'm somewhat familiar with state pressure to be a good, cooperative worker bee (born in Hungary, left in 84 when I was 11. Yes, I'm old. Lol) and the scrutiny outliers get. With the advent of social media it's getting harder and harder to brainwash the masses. And that's a good thing.

Collective cognitive dissonance is an excellent way to put it. We're starting to see more and more of it applied to the western world - all you "ists" are eeevil. Now welcome everyone who wants so desperately to live in your sick societies. One plus one equals potato according to that math.

Well, get over your genetically (?) programmed, suicidal tendencies. I'm not saying build long boats and start raiding again, but maybe encourage open discourse. Maybe I'll send you guys some warm clothes from the great white north. Mostly joking, and point taken.

I'm somewhat familiar with state pressure to be a good, cooperative worker bee (born in Hungary, left in 84 when I was 11. Yes, I'm old. Lol) and the scrutiny outliers get. With the advent of social media it's getting harder and harder to brainwash the masses. And that's a good thing.

Collective cognitive dissonance is an excellent way to put it. We're starting to see more and more of it applied to the western world - all you "ists" are eeevil. Now welcome everyone who wants so desperately to live in your sick societies. One plus one equals potato according to that math.

Well, get over your genetically (?) programmed, suicidal tendencies. I'm not saying build long boats and start raiding again, but maybe encourage open discourse. Maybe I'll send you guys some warm clothes from the great white north. Mostly joking, and point taken.
Hungary, a beautiful country. One of the countries i visited/considered immigrating to, actually, when i was at my most despondent about the state of Denmark/Europe. Orban very good on foreign policy, but leaves a lot to be desired on internal affairs.

Yes, that's the problem with being so damn good and obedient, you just accept and internalise all the guilt and shaming from the experts. And of course, the real question is "Well, if we are so shit and nazi, why is everyone trying to get here?" and by extension: "If you don't like it here (mopey immigrants) why are you staying?" It just doesn't add up.

Will be awaiting scarves and mitts then ;)

That is a catchy song. Would sound better in their native Arab though .

...the Swedish Democrats which are party which advocates putting Swedes first and as a corollary believe immigration policy needs to be reformed...
LMAO, only if American democrats could realize such simple truths.

Already Swedes are joining neighborhood watch groups such as the Sons of Odin as crime rises

Soldiers of Odin is not a "neighbourhood watch" group.

Hungary, a beautiful country. One of the countries i visited/considered immigrating to, actually, when i was at my most despondent about the state of Denmark/Europe. Orban very good on foreign policy, but leaves a lot to be desired on internal affairs.

Yes, that's the problem with being so damn good and obedient, you just accept and internalise all the guilt and shaming from the experts. And of course, the real question is "Well, if we are so shit and nazi, why is everyone trying to get here?" and by extension: "If you don't like it here (mopey immigrants) why are you staying?" It just doesn't add up.

Will be awaiting scarves and mitts then ;)
Orban, undoubtedly, is a crook. He wants to be mini-Putin in many ways. The only reason he is still in power is because of his stance on the migrant issue and commitment to Hungarian sovereignty within the trade union that the EU is supposed to be. That, and his efforts to make sure Hungarians can legally home brew palinka. Lol. As odd as that may sound to some, home brewing booze is engrained in Hungarian culture.

I have become just as disillusioned with experts as with the media over the last 5 years. It's the logical outcome of being lied to over and over again. Granted, mostly lies of omission, but misled nonetheless.

Scarves? We're a toque wearing nation!

The political right in Sweden (including SD) constitutes roughly 58 percent of the population, which is the highest percentage in, well, modern times basically.

If the right wing parties were to get their sh*t together and form a coalition that includes SD, they'd probably be able to govern this country for the foreseeable future.

If they don't, and you subtract the 15+ percent that is SD, they will not govern... ever, basically.

Ball is in your court, libtards.

I'm somewhat familiar with state pressure to be a good, cooperative worker bee (born in Hungary, left in 84 when I was 11. Yes, I'm old. Lol)

Almost old enough to be my dad.

{<jordan}

The political right in Sweden (including SD) constitutes roughly 58 percent of the population, which is the highest percentage in, well, modern times basically.

If the right wing parties were to get their sh*t together and form a coalition that includes SD, they'd probably be able to govern this country for the foreseeable future.

If they don't, and you subtract the 15+ percent that is SD, they will not govern... ever, basically.

Ball is in your court, libtards.

What you're describing is a collection of parties in the center and the right, not just the right. If it was just right-wing parties the current situation would be less complex.

According to wiki:
Soldiers of Odin (SOO) is an anti-immigrant vigilante group founded in Kemi, Finland, in October 2015.[1][2] The group was established as a response to thousands of migrants arriving in Finland amid the European migrant crisis.[3]...

Soldiers of Odin was founded in the town of Kemi in Northern Finland in October 2015 in response to an almost ten-fold increase in the number of migrants to Finland following the European migrant crisis in 2015.[2]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soldiers_of_Odin
They go on with the ubiquitous claims of far-right associations and blah blah nazi (which they consistently deny), but what would you call them?

According to wiki:
Soldiers of Odin (SOO) is an anti-immigrant vigilante group founded in Kemi, Finland, in October 2015.[1][2] The group was established as a response to thousands of migrants arriving in Finland amid the European migrant crisis.[3]...

Soldiers of Odin was founded in the town of Kemi in Northern Finland in October 2015 in response to an almost ten-fold increase in the number of migrants to Finland following the European migrant crisis in 2015.[2]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soldiers_of_Odin
They go on with the ubiquitous claims of far-right associations and blah blah nazi (which they consistently deny), but what would you call them?

I can't recall these dudes ever doing anything in Finland. Maybe they grew bigger in countries outside of Finland?

From what I understand they had maybe a couple of "patrols" outside, got bored from the lack of action and quit.

Sweden and Finland both have much tougher biker gangs, and even legit Neo-Nazi groups, compared to these guys.

I can't recall these dudes ever doing anything in Finland. Maybe they grew bigger in countries outside of Finland?

From what I understand they had maybe a couple of "patrols" outside, got bored from the lack of action and quit.

Sweden and Finland both have much tougher biker gangs, and even legit Neo-Nazi groups, compared to these guys.

It's just another brand for the usual anti-immigration groups. It managed to go global, although I don't think there's really any international cooperation.
Locally it's a lot of the same old faces from National Action etc.
It's interesting that they feel emboldened to take to the streets though.
National Action hasn't done that since the '90s.

What you're describing is a collection of parties in the center and the right, not just the right. If it was just right-wing parties the current situation would be less complex.

I dunno. I guess. I think defining the parties is a bit tricky.

The Swedish political parties I'd consider centrist are C, L, KD and MP.

But only in terms of their strategic placing, not their actual politics.

C, L and KD are clearly centre-right ideologically (by Swedish standards), and MP isn't even centre at all ideologically- if anything they are left of the Social Democrats.

The only party I see actually switching sides is C. But even that isn't very likely. C and S/MP(V) are diametrically opposed on just about any subject except immigration.

C might join the left if SD is let into the rightist coalition. They have governed with S in the (distant) past. But it is more likely they'd just leave the coalition and remain neutral, so to speak.
As would L and possibly KD. And M can't govern with just SD for support.
But this is all a moot point, since I don't think any party in the rightist coalition will consider cooperating with SD, not even M. So we're screwed for a long time to come. And Sweden will be governed by the clear minority. Go democracy. Or should I say... Game-of-thrones-cracy (badumbish).

Last edited:
I dunno. I guess. I think defining the parties is a bit tricky.

The Swedish political parties I'd consider centrist are C, L, KD and MP.

But only in terms of their strategic placing, not their actual politics.

C, L and KD are clearly centre-right ideologically (by Swedish standards), and MP isn't even centre at all ideologically- if anything they are left of the Social Democrats.

The only party I see actually switching sides is C. But even that isn't very likely. C and S/MP(V) are diametrically opposed on just about any subject except immigration.

C might join the left if SD is let into the rightist coalition. They have governed with S in the (distant) past. But it is more likely they'd just leave the coalition and remain neutral, so to speak.
As would L and possibly KD. And M can't govern with just SD for support.
But this is all a moot point, since I don't think any party in the rightist coalition will consider cooperating with SD, not even M. So we're screwed for a long time to come. And Sweden will be governed in a fashion not supported by the majority. Go democracy. Or should I say... Game-of-thrones-cracy (badumbish).

I'd say that the center parties in the Alliance are C and L. KD is a right-wing party and together with M they are the two conservative parties, while C and L are more liberal.

All parties say that they don't want to cooperate with SD or put them in a position of power. It will be interesting to see if the Alliance can actually get anyone else to support them, or more specifically if they can get S to support them as they are the only ones large enough to do that, other than SD. It will also be interesting to see if SD will just try to shoot everything else down and hope for a re-election, or if they will support the government alternative most close to their own politics.

Back