2016 Rio Olympic Wrestling Discussion

Wrestling goes on for 1 day longer than Judo and has 18 events in 3 categories (Greco, Women's Free, Free) while Judo has 16 events in 2 categories (Men & Women). Both have 2 events a day except the Women's Freestlye is 3 events a day. I don't really see where any unfairness/corruption conspiracy comes into it.

I believe that the popularity factor does play a role. Judo is more popular and has more popular "stars". I do feel like Olympic wrestling is underappreciated, but most of that is due to the rules and (sometimes) lack of action during the fights.

please guys, I need a stream. I cant find any way to watch the wrestling. help!

please guys, I need a stream. I cant find any way to watch the wrestling. help!

I'm watching on the Canadian site

http://olympics.cbc.ca/

scroll along the list at the top. they have a different feed for each mat (mats A,B,C)

if you're blocked from watching due to location you can use a quick to install plugin like Hola: http://hola.org

I do feel like Olympic wrestling is underappreciated, but most of that is due to the rules and (sometimes) lack of action during the fights.
The freestyle rules at the moment are actually really good and most matches have plenty of scoring and few referee interventions. I feel like the whole sport gets a bad rep because of how boring a bad Greco match can be.

Last edited:
Tech fall should really be a 10-point lead rather than just a 10-point score.
Match between Silva and Tynybekova was 10-8 and it made the ref look like a proper killjoy when he stopped it.

Tech fall should really be a 10-point lead rather than just a 10-point score.
Match between Silva and Tynybekova was 10-8 and it made the ref look like a proper killjoy when he stopped it.

it is a 10 point lead.

didn't see the the match so not sure what happened (either 6 mins reached or someone got pinned I guess) but if her opponent had 8 she'd need 18 for a tech.

it is a 10 point lead.

didn't see the the match so not sure what happened (either 6 mins reached or someone got pinned I guess) but if her opponent had 8 she'd need 18 for a tech.
Sorry, ignore me, watching in the corner of my screen without sound and got it confused with how the "throw rule" was before.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back