2016 Rio Olympic Wrestling Discussion

youngsteinel

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Olympic wrestling starts on Sunday. Time to get the discussion going.

FFZJWWOCYLRZBUH.20120810225443.jpg

What's the over/under on the number of points Sadulaev gives up in the tournament?

1.5 or 2.5 IMO
Yeah, I was going to say 2.5.

I know he merked Salas last time but I hope we see that matchup at some point again. Two most explosive dudes in the weight.

Yeah, I was going to say 2.5.

I know he merked Salas last time but I hope we see that matchup at some point again. Two most explosive dudes in the weight.

He's only given up 3 push outs in international competition if I am not mistaken.

He's only given up 3 push outs in international competition if I am not mistaken.
I think a Georgian got him for 4. Karimi had a couple pushouts. Either way, idk how the fuck you score on the guy. Perfect positioning and just ridiculous explosiveness and strength.

I think a Georgian got him for 4. Karimi had a couple pushouts. Either way, idk how the fuck you score on the guy. Perfect positioning and just ridiculous explosiveness and strength.

It was as a senior, the Georgian did hit him with a nice arm spin. Still teched the guy though. I would put my confidence in Sadulaev, Burroughs, Akgul (in that order). Those are guys I pretty much have penciled in at gold.

I'd like to see Sharifov vs Sadulev. I still can't believe he spent the last 3 years at 97kg trying to knock off Gazyumov

It was as a senior, the Georgian did hit him with a nice arm spin. Still teched the guy though. I would put my confidence in Sadulaev, Burroughs, Akgul (in that order). Those are guys I pretty much have penciled in at gold.
Sadulaev is only one I'd bet the house on.

I think our results are going to be similar to last year's worlds, one, "maybe" two champs and an extra medal

I had no idea Asgarov was only 23 years old.

65 is definitely the deepest weight.

I can't wait to see Sadulaev do work. I really hope Khinchegashvili gets gold, he is a really good and hard working guy, his superduck on Rahimi was beautiful. Vlasov is one of my bets too, he is a beast.

I think Khinchegashvili should take gold. There are a lot of world champions in that bracket but I like the Georgian.

Looking forward to watching the Wrestling events, will be the first time I see anyone compete live.

Who should I look out for besides Burroughs?

Yang (PRK, 57), Khinchegashvili (Geo, 57), Bonne (Cub, 57), Aliyev (Aze, 57), Chamizo (Ita, 65), Novachkov (Bul, 65), Ramonov (Rus, 65), Gedeuv (Rus, 74), Burroughs (USA, 74), Sadulaev (Rus, 86), Cox (USA, 86), Boltukaev (Rus, 97), Snyder (USA, 97), Akgul (Tur, 125)

Last edited:
Looking forward to watching the Wrestling events, will be the first time I see anyone compete live.

Who should I look out for besides Burroughs?

For the US? Snyder and Burroughs are the best bets to medal. I'm quickly becoming a fan of J'den Cox though. I think he'll be a force in coming years.

Im looking forward to seeing Yazdani Chirati at 74kg too. I think that kid has a lot of upside.

Back