2016 Rio Olympic Wrestling Discussion

Im looking forward to seeing Yazdani Chirati at 74kg too. I think that kid has a lot of upside.

Yeah can't believe I missed that kid. Best underhook in the world right now IMO.

Yazdani is going to be a monster but I still think Burroughs/Geduev are on a different level. Can't see him challenging either at this point.

Yang (PRK, 57), Khinchegashvili (Geo, 57), Bonne (Cub, 57), Aliyev (Aze, 57), Chamizo (Ita, 65), Novachkov (Bul, 65), Ramonov (Rus, 65), Gedeuv (Rus, 74), Burroughs (USA, 74), Sadulaev (Rus, 86), Cox (USA, 86), Boltukaev (Rus, 97), Snyder (USA, 97), Akgul (Tur, 125)

If Yazdani at 97 is healthy look out for him too.

For the US? Snyder and Burroughs are the best bets to medal. I'm quickly becoming a fan of J'den Cox though. I think he'll be a force in coming years.
What about from Canada? Anyone I should keep an eye out from there?

What about from Canada? Anyone I should keep an eye out from there?

Canada has a really good female wrestling team, although I'm not familiar with their names as I don't watch a whole ton of female wrestling besides the U.S. Their best male wrestler is Haislan Garcia at 65 kg.

Sadulaev is an absolute monster, looking forward to seeing what he can do.

Brackets have been released for 59 kg and 75 kg. Tough draw for both of our guys. HUGE first round matchup between defending Olympic champions Woo (KOR) and Vlasov (RUS). Really wish they would do some sort of seeding in the games so this type of thing doesn't happen.

Brackets have been released for 59 kg and 75 kg. Tough draw for both of our guys. HUGE first round matchup between defending Olympic champions Woo (KOR) and Vlasov (RUS). Really wish they would do some sort of seeding in the games so this type of thing doesn't happen.

How do they come up with the brackets anyway? I remember this being a common complaint in the wrestling world for years. The brackets never seem to be adequate.

Anyone know where they are being televised live, all of it? My local NBC looks like they are only showing the semifinals and finals.

HOLY FUCK... Woo just got fucked, Vlasov with the "win"

Thielke gets teched. Guy got on top and turned him for the tech.

Looks like Bisek is done with a loss to Croatia. Azeri who beat Thielke is up now.

The Azeri gets launched and pinned. Thielke is out.

Last edited:
Solid performances by Madsen so far.

Holy shit the Croatian just choked Vlasov out and pinned him but the ref blew it dead. That was crazy.

Cp1KBeIVIAEsquz.jpg

Last edited:
Vlasov gonna get that double gold! 2012 and 2016!

Vlasov gonna get that double gold! 2012 and 2016!

It sounds like he got tooled though .... Without having watched it, did he get gifted?

It sounds like he got tooled though .... Without having watched it, did he get gifted?
Not really, his matches were close (not his second), I think his first match was more questionable than his last due to the last second throw by Kim, but I am still gonna be biased towards him ahah. Vlasov is gonna beat Madsen again.

Back