2 years later, 1 year of training, almost no results?

Do you train your legs? When asked about your lifts you didn't mention any leg or back exercises.

You're wondering why you haven't gained any muscle, but you don't pay attention to diet, don't eat enough and haven't gained much strength. You're not doing anything that's needed in order to gain muscle. Get on a proper program and start eating to gain weight.

Just looking at your lifts and you're inclining the same as flat bench. This tells me u aren't pushing your flat bench hard enough because flat should be a higher weight than incline.
Try and hit close to 3000cal a day, use the app my fitness pal to help track everything and start pushing all your exercises to as close til failure as possible.
Lastly don't think protein is the only macro u need. Carbs and fat play a big role as well so you gotta start eating big or u ain't goin no where. Good advice from @RS86
I actually got me some heavier plates yesterday because I could go for 15+ reps and I'm aiming for 8 max.

I actually got me some heavier plates yesterday because I could go for 15+ reps and I'm aiming for 8 max.
Yeah good stuff. Using dumbells for things like bench is good for pushing it to the limit. Mainly because if u go to failure u won't be stuck with a barbell on your chest and calling out to some1 for help.
Its a long haul gaining mass bro. Stick with it. I started at 70kgs about 4 years ago and now at 86kgs. The first year of training I didnt give a fuck what I ate, just made sure I was never hungry and every meal or snack filled me up. If your hungry and all you can eat is maccas or rubbish, just eat it. Dont jump on the chicken breast with brown rice for every meal like a bodybuilder. Just get stuck into anything thats available.... eggs, chicken THIGHS, heaps of milk, nuts, oats in your shakes, canned tuna is easy, baked beans.
Edit.... not entirely full after a big dinner? Couple of slices of wholemeal bread with your favourite spread.
Oh and did I mention.... EAT

Eating matters.

For programming. Try doing a 5x5 for 2-3 months. I had the best strength and muscle gains with it.

If it is chest that bothers you - fly, peck deck or cross over. If back bothers you create your low back first. Then target its thickness and width. Lots of people ignore the low back, make it wide and then wonder why it still looks bad.

Legs... make your legs. Massive quads and hams are spectacular. To be honest I have received much more compliments from the ladies for my legs. Stuff like "most fitnes goers do not do legs, but yoi have huge legs", "oh my god you have such huge legs" ... or colleagues asking me how many times per week I do legs, or that in comparison to my buddy with whom I lift I look like someone who lifts, because of my legs.

I would recommend you to go to t-nation to post pics. There are a lot of guys who know their shit and they have a spot for picture posting. Also you can find nuttys begginer program there, which I believe one should try to run after a proper 5x5 stronglifts.

You are still a newbie by the way. You have a 1 year lifting done within 2 years period. That is lazy stuff. Do not worry too much though. Most gym goers are like that. Body building and strength building are a long journey and it takes a lot of time and dedication. The good news is you can gain pretty fast and well for 1 year of serious lifting and eating.

Have fun in yhe joyrney.

Last edited:
I am benching, recently started increasing my dumbell bench weight. But I skipped a lot of the barbell bench because it really put a lot of stress on my shoulders.

I will try to pick it up again and use less weight and improve form

I have a bad rotator cuff in my right shoulder. I just ordered a swiss bar (aka football bar or multi grip bar). The angled and neutral grip is supposed to be easier on the shoulder.

How you look is based on diet and exercise. How many calories are you eating?

Are you constantly adding weight to your lifts?

If you are not doing these things you will always stay the same

Gl

I think you are confused. This is not a bodybuilding forum. No one here gives a shit what you look like.

I think you are confused. This is not a bodybuilding forum. No one here gives a shit what you look like.
No, that's the old S&C rule. This forum basically died because powerlifters drove everyone else out so now we gotta take any topics we can get to stay alive.

Besides, everyone here is old and broken now. We are under no illusions of training for "peak performance" anymore. So let's just get jacked and look good at the beach.

No, that's the old S&C rule. This forum basically died because powerlifters drove everyone else out so now we gotta take any topics we can get to stay alive.

Besides, everyone here is old and broken now. We are under no illusions of training for "peak performance" anymore. So let's just get jacked and look good at the beach.
This was the 2nd grumpiest forum on the internet behind r/incels at one point. God forbid people want to look decent. Get fucked guys this is for PERFORMANCE ONLY.

No one in this forum ever said someone couldn't look decent, or even told people to not look decent. But that isn't the point of f/13. This is a strength and conditioning forum, not a do-you-dudes-think-I-look-hot? forum.

This forum died because the guys who knew what they talking about got tired of answering the same stupid fucking questions over and over.

No one in this forum ever said someone couldn't look decent, or even told people to not look decent. But that isn't the point of f/13. This is a strength and conditioning forum, not a do-you-dudes-think-I-look-hot? forum.

This forum died because the guys who knew what they talking about got tired of answering the same stupid fucking questions over and over.
No, it died because the traffic was coming from guys asking for general fitness and muscle-building advice and the gatekeepers drove them away. This eventually led to the forum being composed of only grumpy cranks with nothing to discuss. There's just not enough traffic here to warrant this sort of policing. Let's stop pretending this place is where fighters come for S&C tips.

-16 year old kid comes on sherdog because he wants to look like GSP
-f13 chastises him and tells him 5x5 and sprints is the only way to accomplish this and to go somewhere else if he wants to be a bodybuilder
-this happens for years
-f13 now filled with old threads telling teenagers who have physique goals to go to bodybuilding websites if they want to look like GSP
-f13 dies because the kids that had physique goals saw these threads and didnt even bother posting their questions and the grumpy old men became bored of discussing 5x5 and GOMAD amongst themselves

I think you are confused. No one here gives a shit that you have the comprehensive reading skills of a 6 year old.

-16 year old kid comes on sherdog because he wants to look like GSP
-f13 chastises him and tells him 5x5 and sprints is the only way to accomplish this and to go somewhere else if he wants to be a bodybuilder
-this happens for years
-f13 now filled with old threads telling teenagers who have physique goals to go to bodybuilding websites if they want to look like GSP
-f13 dies because the kids that had physique goals saw these threads and didnt even bother posting their questions and the grumpy old men became bored of discussing 5x5 and GOMAD amongst themselves
<{MingNope}>
That is it in a nutshell. What's funny is that a lot of the powerlifting icons from that time are themselves no longer powerlifting and "cultivating mass" but now train with a more bodybuilding approach.

Hell, Dagestani wrestlers don't even weight train and they're spanking American gym rats around. So let's not pretend that barbells are the only path to athletic performance.

If a kid wants to get swole, so what? Is this forum so busy it can't accommodate a thread about building some GUNS?

As someone posted earlier, doing flies is a good way to isolate the pec muscles. Lying dumbbell flies work and they give you swoller pecs. Not talking about strength here, just looks.

As for the comments about eating more, when you're young you have a good opportunity to lift + gain weight to end up the weight you want to be the rest of your life more or less. Chances are you will gain fat as well, though, so it's a tradeoff. Keep in mind the best way to lose weight is to never gain the weight to begin with (minus PED).

Good luck.

Most actual/strong powerlifters have fairly well rounded training programs and do a lot of isolation work, if for no other reason than to help stay healthy.

Ed Coan did a lot of leg extensions and curls.

Most of the guys who tell people not to do any isolation work are squatting 315 and look like they don’t even lift.

Last edited:
If your goal is to move the most weight possible, it should also be to be the most jacked possible.

Here are two pictures of me, two years apart and a bit more than 1 year of weightlifting.
(not the same angle since I don't take a lot of shirtless pics)

I haven't noticed a huge amount of weight difference (even though I gained 2 kg's of fat in the year after the first pic and haven't lost any kilos since then so maybe recomposition?)

Is this normal after 1 year of training (obviously with ups and downs since I have two exam periods of about month thanks to school)? If I look at myself now I feel like I have almost gained no muscle.

Any tips?

1)

View attachment 639925
2)
View attachment 639927

I know this isn't the right place to post, but there is no right forum and I don't like Bodybuilding.com as a forum.

my man, dont you know that all these guys who are swole all take some type of supplements?
now when i say supplements, it's a broad term. you can goto GNC and you can pretty much get supplments that mimics PED. if not, pretty close to PED with some modification in order to avoid getting banned. dont let these people fool you. they all take something, GNC modified *PED or real PED.

Here are two pictures of me, two years apart and a bit more than 1 year of weightlifting.
(not the same angle since I don't take a lot of shirtless pics)

I haven't noticed a huge amount of weight difference (even though I gained 2 kg's of fat in the year after the first pic and haven't lost any kilos since then so maybe recomposition?)

Is this normal after 1 year of training (obviously with ups and downs since I have two exam periods of about month thanks to school)? If I look at myself now I feel like I have almost gained no muscle.

Any tips?

1)

View attachment 639925
2)
View attachment 639927

I know this isn't the right place to post, but there is no right forum and I don't like Bodybuilding.com as a forum.

If you want me to write you out a program to increase your size and power, hit me up!

Back