2 of the most influential / Real rappers of all time

Well yes and no.

He pissed off the wrong people, those in higher places.

It wasnt the average street level gangster that had beef with him. The streets respected him.

But it's a deep topic. Layers and layers

Pac was not a real street dude though. As much as I love him, he was a poser. He hung with real street dudes, but he never really lived that life. The more famous and successful he got, the worse his posturing got. He made the mistake of going at real dudes and paid for it, first by getting shot 5 times (after "disrespecting" Jimmy Henchmen who was a real street dude), then by being killed (after jumping that Crip in Vegas).

Pac was not a real street dude though. As much as I love him, he was a poser. He hung with real street dudes, but he never really lived that life. The more famous and successful he got, the worse his posturing got. He made the mistake of going at real dudes and paid for it, first by getting shot 5 times (after "disrespecting" Jimmy Henchmen who was a real street dude), then by being killed (after jumping that Crip in Vegas).
Nah he wasnt. He was cool with a lot of those guys tho, for whatever reason he had street respect

I think associating with that energy was a sort of defense mechanism. Something to protect him in a way from the chaos of his own life. After he got shot the first time, it makes sense that he surrounded himself with some gangsters.

The guy was obviously scared for his life for quite a while. Half his songs post jail were about dying.

The reason he died is a lot more complex than Orlando anderson though.

I still remember that video where he basically cried on camera saying he didnt have anything to do with it. I believe him.

Whatever happened was planned well in advance. His security was intentionally unarmed, theres a whole bunch of shady circumstances that took place which essentially left tupac a sitting duck.

Crips arent stupid. They know pac is surrounded by security, suge, bloods and whoever else. Going after him with zero intel isnt something I see an intelligent gangster doing. And over a beating? They would expect some serious retaliation. Again, logically it doesnt make sense at all.

I understand it's an easy answer for most people. Case open and closed. But, like most things involving Tupac, things are never quite that simple.

Tupac believed he was gonna die long before this happened. He told his last wife that he wasnt gonna be around that long. There are more powerful people than some random crips who wanted tupac dead.

Lyically I think they are rappers like Cole and Kendrick that are on their lvl but no one has the voice delivery like Pac. He grab everyone attention when he was around. Kayne is the PAC for this Gen.
Dont know if I agree Pac had best delivery but I will say tbe way he would vary syllable length definitely made his original. I dont think in delivery he was as good as Nas or Big.

Not a Kanye fan tho

To answer the core question here is simple

2 most influential rappers ever IMO were Rakim and Nas

Most original style was 2pac
Best flow was Biggie

Nah he wasnt. He was cool with a lot of those guys tho, for whatever reason he had street respect

I think associating with that energy was a sort of defense mechanism. Something to protect him in a way from the chaos of his own life. After he got shot the first time, it makes sense that he surrounded himself with some gangsters.

The guy was obviously scared for his life for quite a while. Half his songs post jail were about dying.

The reason he died is a lot more complex than Orlando anderson though.

I still remember that video where he basically cried on camera saying he didnt have anything to do with it. I believe him.

Whatever happened was planned well in advance. His security was intentionally unarmed, theres a whole bunch of shady circumstances that took place which essentially left tupac a sitting duck.

Crips arent stupid. They know pac is surrounded by security, suge, bloods and whoever else. Going after him with zero intel isnt something I see an intelligent gangster doing. And over a beating? They would expect some serious retaliation. Again, logically it doesnt make sense at all.

I understand it's an easy answer for most people. Case open and closed. But, like most things involving Tupac, things are never quite that simple.

Tupac believed he was gonna die long before this happened. He told his last wife that he wasnt gonna be around that long. There are more powerful people than some random crips who wanted tupac dead.
Thought the first time Pac got "shot" was really just him shooting himself in the leg trying to ho for his gun and the people that were there just beat the fuck outta him n he lied about getting shot 5 times. I think I have seen s few documentaries they say that. He takes a lot of shit n got himself in trouble. Granted dude is the most original rapper I have heard an the best lyrics for a rapper I have heard. But didnt have a street bone in him.

Back