$15,000 Lawsuit Filed Against Conor ($1,000 Phone)

Do you agree with the lawsuit?

• Total voters
That guy will have to live the rest of his life knowing he's a complete bitch.

Who the fuck bothers someone at 5am.
Deserves everything he got & more.

Is he a crackhead?

Serious question because that's a "get me some crack money fast" amount...

Civil Lawsuit Filed Against Conor McGregor

The victim in the case, 22-year old Ahmed Abdirzak from England, filed a lawsuit in which he seeks upwards of $15,000, accusing McGregor of battery, assault and intentional infliction of emotional distress.

The victim said the phone was valued at $1,000.

Video footage showing parts of the incident was also released on Thursday. A man who appears to be McGregor can be seen stomping on the phone as the victim says “Let me get my phone, man,” the video then cuts off.

The Irishman’s criminal defense attorney said Abdirzak’s lawsuit is “a quick effort seeking a payday.” Before the incident occurred this week, McGregor had just finished the community service he was handed for his UFC 223 bus attack that took place in April of last year.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/3/...rida-alleged-phone-smashing-incident-mma-news

Assault-guilty
Battery-debatable, I'd so no.
IED-debatable. I'd say it's NED and they are suing for IED because NED is the joke of torts. I don't think Conor intended to "cause emotional distress" though he certainly did.

Honestly the fact Conor took out his anger on the phone and not the dude saves him here probably. Honestly if the defense attorney was creative they could countersue the other guy for assault if he was being paparazzilike enough but think that would be a pretty bad PR move.

pressed no... but we need third option: I don't care...

Civil Lawsuit Filed Against Conor McGregor

The victim in the case, 22-year old Ahmed Abdirzak from England, filed a lawsuit in which he seeks upwards of $15,000, accusing McGregor of battery, assault and intentional infliction of emotional distress.

The victim said the phone was valued at $1,000.

Video footage showing parts of the incident was also released on Thursday. A man who appears to be McGregor can be seen stomping on the phone as the victim says “Let me get my phone, man,” the video then cuts off.

The Irishman’s criminal defense attorney said Abdirzak’s lawsuit is “a quick effort seeking a payday.” Before the incident occurred this week, McGregor had just finished the community service he was handed for his UFC 223 bus attack that took place in April of last year.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/3/...rida-alleged-phone-smashing-incident-mma-news
He’s lucky the kid did not go all out and ask for 6 figures. That’s peanuts for Conor, but a great reminder of how litigious the US society is.

Back