Shoop ✔ NON GIF SHOOP CONTEST V4 SIGNUP AND ANNOUNCEMENT!! $$$$$ PRIZES.

BWR runs a tight ship. Even friends and family know to not simply knock at his door, but rather to say “I want to enter” when they visit him.

I actually have Alarm Geese outside of my shack. True story. The goose pen is right outside my window. :D

You knock without the pass phase ("I want to enter") and @bigwaverider will slap you across the face with a triggerfish and then slam the door in your face.

It's humuhumunukunukuapua`a in Hawaiian. True story. Click this link and see that I tell the truth.

In fairness though, if you do shout the pass phase he'll not only cook you dinner, but will perform sexual favors the type of which make a Tijuanna $3 whore blush. Ah, the memories of that glorious night where BWR......

Totally not true and gross.

Sign me up @bigwaverider as usual

Now the party just got better!! #32 brother.

315-lecter-jpg.520663

Attachments

• 315-lecter.jpg
    315-lecter.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 164
I actually have Alarm Geese outside of my shack. True story. The goose pen is right outside my window. :D

It's humuhumunukunukuapua`a in Hawaiian. True story. Click this link and see that I tell the truth.

Totally not true and gross.

Now the party just got better!! #32 brother.

315-lecter-jpg.520663
I believe you. Geese can be ferocious guards!

Oooooh @Empty Emp is in, I haven't had a whooping from him in ages, might even be a couple of years. Look forward to being severely outclassed dude, hope all is good in your world

I'm guessing you mean Explore Scientific. That's a sweet scope, I'd love to have one of their Apos, and who doesn't like a really big Dob. My username is a portmanteau of Astronomer and Musician (I thought I was being clever).

I really only have entry level stuff; I took the picture of the Orion Nebula in my avatar myself: Orion 8" F5 newtonian, unguided on a motorized CG5 mount. Camera is a Canon T2i; and that's probably a 10 second exposure. The stars look really bluish, so I might have also been using the Astromik CLS clip-in filter. My other gear is a 6" celestron omni / CG4 mount, and just recently got a TPO 6" F6 newt. All I have are newts, lol. Lots of other cheap eyepieces and filters; the only things that stand our are the Televue 8mm plossl and University Optics 2.8x barlow.

I could go on, lol. That's really about it, lots of entry-level stuff, but it has it where it counts. I do have a question though; can you see any spiral galaxy arms with that scope?

Sweet! I just got the mounting hardware for my Argo Navis so I’ll be installing that this weekend. Nice pic! I have a Zwo CCD but i haven’t used it much yet. More interested in planetary than deep space as it’s too hard to track properly with a dobs mount. The 2 inch eyepieces make a huge difference though.

Be careful the company you keep... Brother Otto might try & get a picture of Uranus
<Lmaoo><45><45><Lmaoo>

COME ON GUYZ... this waz some really low hanging fruit & nobody picked it? F*ck this.... I'm out... You people have lost your edge.

<{nope}>

I believe you. Geese can be ferocious guards!

They bite. They are so mean. They don't bite Gramma though. They love her. They tend to go for the toes. I always wear flip flops and the geese just have nasty stuff in their mouth from eating. It's like chewed spinach or baby food on your toes and in between. It's nasty. Would definitely deter a burglar. I can see them running like Nancy girls.

Lol... & then Groovy said that 2 welter "whites" are fighting for the title.

Whittaker is half white and half Maori/Samoan. I don't consider him white.

Oooooh @Empty Emp is in, I haven't had a whooping from him in ages, might even be a couple of years. Look forward to being severely outclassed dude, hope all is good in your world

Let's hope he shows. I penciled him in. @Empty Emp didn't officially enter but I did PM him. Let's hope he shows up. More victims!!!

Been crazy busy lately, you might have noticed a few changes around the forum lately (and one more we'll officially wheel out tomorrow night), but I challenge.

@bigwaverider, count me in on this crazy contest.

Been crazy busy lately, you might have noticed a few changes around the forum lately (and one more we'll officially wheel out tomorrow night), but I challenge.

Yea I have been noticing changes for the past month. And some hiccups. I bet you are busy and got that impression.

Glad you entered brah. This contest would be less without you. I am feeling fine and dandy so I can do it all by myself. I bet you just breathed a big sigh of relief. :D

#33 my brother.

Good work man

Fuck it, why not?

I want to sign up @bigwaverider
:)

Yes why not. :D

You, or anyone could win this thing with some good ideas. Make sure to read the rules so you don't get DQ'd. If you decide to bow out let me know so I can notify any alternates. Good luck!! You are #34.

Yea I have been noticing changes for the past month. And some hiccups.
When we make changes to the forum, especially big ones like upgrading to HTTPS, the server and database can lag, which basically means that the old information it has does not match the active updated information. So, in technical terms, the forum starts throwing up on itself like a frat kid on pledge week. Sometimes we can ride out the storm but other times we need to dig around and fix some things. I'm just glad we have a good tech crew that can do what the admins on the forum aren't able to do.

When we make changes to the forum, especially big ones like upgrading to HTTPS, the server and database can lag, which basically means that the old information it has does not match the active updated information. So, in technical terms, the forum starts throwing up on itself like a frat kid on pledge week. Sometimes we can ride out the storm but other times we need to dig around and fix some things. I'm just glad we have a good tech crew that can do what the admins on the forum aren't able to do.

I bet it's a lot of work for them. Hope it all works out in the end. And a big mahalo to the geeks in the back. :D

And to you for all you do!! And a bigger one for all you do for the shoopers!!

mir-clapping-gif.520719

Attachments

• mir-clapping.gif
    mir-clapping.gif
    329.9 KB · Views: 124

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back