✌️✌️ To set the record straight. Khabib has missed weight before.

That's a fair point but I see this as a loophole / structural issue at the UFC, and the responsibility is also on the side of the fighter who drains himself by weight-cutting, IMO.

Also, it's not like Khabib is routinely gaining an material advantage from that, so quite honestly this is nitpicking.

I agree that its a structural issue, though I think its set by the athletic commission rather than the UFC. Most prize fighting rules are set by the gov't rather than the promotions (for pretty obvious reasons given what a lot of promoters would allow if they could -- sharks with laser beams would be the starting point).

And I agree that some of the responsibility is on a fighter who goes so low they end up drained. However, some promotions are pretty bad about forcing the fighter who drained himself to fight anyway even if his opponent missed draining himself by not making weight (I'm not talking about Khabib here or even the UFC, but a lot of smaller promotions don't have back-up fights and put a lot of pressure on fighters to fight even if their opponent didn't do a real cut).

I also don't think Khabib is routinely gaining a material advantage, almost everyone at the UFC level is running the ragged edge of how much dehydration their body can take at weigh-in. Its more that he hasn't always had the science of cutting right. Missing by three pounds suggests either an illness in training camp (in which case the fight should be postponed) or a faulty procedure. I doubt anyone in the UFC intentionally misses weight, given how quick the UFC is to cut fighters.

Having said all that, the difference between cutting those last couple of pounds has always been huge even 24 hours later. And its worse now where IV isn't allowed to rehydrate.

Someone near NYC should find out where he's staying and send him some tiramisu.

I have seen perhaps 2 dozen posts today saying that Khabib has never missed weight. He has at UFC 160 when he weight in at 158.5. I have replied about this in other threads, but figured a whole thread about it would be better. I hardly ever make non-shoop threads, but decided this thread is needed.

That’s because a lot of people that post on Sherdog are bandwagon jumpers. In their minds they think Khabib has only had a handful of fights and he has made weight for all of them.

a thread that is not complementary to Khabib?

Be careful bruh you liable to be banned by mods that don’t watch UFC nor even post in da heavies

<{outtahere}>

well i know who im not voting for 2020 poster of the year! hmph!

Man this OP sure is a hating..

The nerve and audacity of this OP.. I swear. :D

giphy.gif

Really BWR ? hating on the man for years it seems. You should write a book here we already have the cover. <45>

LOL-BWR.png

BWR really does like to stir the pot. He gets away with it though because he's so good at shooping.

I say the moment he does a bad shoop he losses his blue color seems only fair. Holy moly I love this :D

@bigwaverider what is a legend like u doing in this lost souls land bro?

You all can kiss my okole. This thread is 3 freaking years old to the day. It contains no hate towards Khabib. No one even gave a hoot back then and now they do?

Me
Eoa1kA0.gif

You
B5AB3uD.gif

I agree that its a structural issue, though I think its set by the athletic commission rather than the UFC. Most prize fighting rules are set by the gov't rather than the promotions (for pretty obvious reasons given what a lot of promoters would allow if they could -- sharks with laser beams would be the starting point).

And I agree that some of the responsibility is on a fighter who goes so low they end up drained. However, some promotions are pretty bad about forcing the fighter who drained himself to fight anyway even if his opponent missed draining himself by not making weight (I'm not talking about Khabib here or even the UFC, but a lot of smaller promotions don't have back-up fights and put a lot of pressure on fighters to fight even if their opponent didn't do a real cut).

I also don't think Khabib is routinely gaining a material advantage, almost everyone at the UFC level is running the ragged edge of how much dehydration their body can take at weigh-in. Its more that he hasn't always had the science of cutting right. Missing by three pounds suggests either an illness in training camp (in which case the fight should be postponed) or a faulty procedure. I doubt anyone in the UFC intentionally misses weight, given how quick the UFC is to cut fighters.

Having said all that, the difference between cutting those last couple of pounds has always been huge even 24 hours later. And its worse now where IV isn't allowed to rehydrate.
Sound post. Thank you.

You all can kiss my okole. This thread is 3 freaking years old to the day. It contains no hate towards Khabib. No one even gave a hoot back then and now they do?

Me
Eoa1kA0.gif

You
B5AB3uD.gif

bruh, I was supporting you using sarcasm

<mma1>

Back