⚰ Conor's Aunt Passes Away from illness (not corona like first thought)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So because one is bad we shouldn't worry about the other? You understand people will be dying from both now right? One doesn't replace the other. I guess as long as the total deaths from the flu is greater we shouldn't worry. Trumpian logic.
That's not what I was saying or implying. There are no quaranteens or wide spread fear of the flu, why is that. Yet a less dangerous illness is now a cause of wide spread fear that is exacerbated by the media and.governement. You should try comprehension skills before replying. Typical shertard response.

That's not what I was saying or implying. There are no quaranteens or wide spread fear of the flu, why is that. Yet a less dangerous illness is now a cause of wide spread fear that is exacerbated by the media and.governement. You should try comprehension skills before replying. Typical shertard response.

So...all of these epidemiologists, infectious disease experts, health officials, doctors, nurses, and all the others who have actually studied this stuff are either A) Inept and prone to panic and overreact unnecessarily (despite the fact they did not trumpet the measures now being taken back in 2009 for SARS or the other times we've had scares) or B) are all part of a giant conspiracy to blow something that really isn't a big deal totally out of proportion.

I'm reading that your assertion is one of these two things.

There are flu vaccines aplenty would be one major reason this is being treated differently. Covid-19 seems to spread more easily and readily than Influenza A or B is another. And there are a myriad of unknowns with Covid-19, including potential long term health effects. Reports are now saying that those who have had it and recovered are showing lung issues. Maybe that's temporary, but that's kinda the point. We don't really know.

Again, I have a very hard time believing that the majority of infectious disease experts on the planet just up and decided "You know what, unlike bird flu and SARS and the others, let's REALLY incite fear in people with this one. Let's convince public health officials to close schools for weeks at a time. Let's make this something that craters the stock market and has people panicking big time and buying stores out of toilet paper. This is gonna be so fun!"

We have vaccines for influenza and it is less transmissible. Only about 25% of the population need to be immune to the flu for herd immunity (to help protect people like Conor's aunt). There is the potential here for a huge global health crisis if it gets out of control.

Why do you think China locked down half a billion people and slammed the brakes on its entire economy? For fun?

So...all of these epidemiologists, infectious disease experts, health officials, doctors, nurses, and all the others who have actually studied this stuff are either A) Inept and prone to panic and overreact unnecessarily (despite the fact they did not trumpet the measures now being taken back in 2009 for SARS or the other times we've had scares) or B) are all part of a giant conspiracy to blow something that really isn't a big deal totally out of proportion.

I'm reading that your assertion is one of these two things.

There are flu vaccines aplenty would be one major reason this is being treated differently. Covid-19 seems to spread more easily and readily than Influenza A or B is another. And there are a myriad of unknowns with Covid-19, including potential long term health effects. Reports are now saying that those who have had it and recovered are showing lung issues. Maybe that's temporary, but that's kinda the point. We don't really know.

Again, I have a very hard time believing that the majority of infectious disease experts on the planet just up and decided "You know what, unlike bird flu and SARS and the others, let's REALLY incite fear in people with this one. Let's convince public health officials to close schools for weeks at a time. Let's make this something that craters the stock market and has people panicking big time and buying stores out of toilet paper. This is gonna be so fun!"
I'm not sure what's going on. I am just skeptical. I'm curious as to why a virus that has a very small death rate is now causing wide spread fear over the flu which is by all means more deadly. Are you not curious? Do you not believe there is an agenda behind that? Sorry I am not a sheep and I question alot and think outside the box. You may take everything you're told at face value, I do not.

Even if everything you stated about the virus is true do you not think the Gov(especially the US Gov) wouldn't use this opportunity to see how they could control the masses? Ffs my local apartment gym is closed and no one in hundreds of miles have had a case of this virus. This imo is being blown out of proportion.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what's going on. I am just skeptical. I'm curious as to why a virus that is less problematic and very small percentage death rate is now causing wide spread fear over the flu which is by all means more deadly. Are you not curious? Do you not believe there is an agenda behind that? Sorry I am not a sheep and I question alot and think outside the box. You may take everything you're told at face value, I do not.

You realize some of it is pure and simple math, right? The death rate so far doesn't seem astronomical at all, sure. And it's mostly senior citizens. BUT...you have roughly 10%-15% of those who get this thing needing hospitalization. They aren't dying in part because they are getting proper treatment. Not a "cure", but are having their vitals monitored closely, IV's when needed, etc. What happens when this thing keeps spreading like wildfire (which it is) and the numbers of infected spike up? If a million people (keep in mind that's only 1 in roughly every 325 Americans) get this in the U.S. in a short time, that means 100,000 people AT LEAST would need hospitalization to ensure the best chance of recovery. Want to guess how many hospital beds there are in the entire country? 90,000. Now, how many are already occupied with people that have something else they are being treated for? Do you see where this is going? All of a sudden you have WAY more people that need assertive medical care than what the system can handle. That death rate you keep saying is insignificant won't be that way at all at that point.

That's why these measures are in place. Not necessarily because they think they can STOP the spread of this thing. But then NEED to slow it the fuck down, so the healthcare system doesn't get overloaded. They call it "flattening the curve".

Italy has not flattened their curve, and their hospitals are ALREADY starting feel a major strain in trying to keep up with this thing.

THAT is why all these infectious disease experts are calling for what seem like drastic measures (closing schools, etc.)

You realize some of it is pure and simple math, right? The death rate so far doesn't seem astronomical at all, sure. And it's mostly senior citizens. BUT...you have roughly 10%-15% of those who get this thing needing hospitalization. They aren't dying in part because they are getting proper treatment. Not a "cure", but are having their vitals monitored closely, IV's when needed, etc. What happens when this thing keeps spreading like wildfire (which it is) and the numbers of infected spike up? If a million people (keep in mind that's only 1 in roughly every 325 Americans) get this in the U.S. in a short time, that means 100,000 people AT LEAST would need hospitalization to ensure the best chance of recovery. Want to guess how many hospital beds there are in the entire country? 90,000. Now, how many are already occupied with people that have something else they are being treated for? Do you see where this is going? All of a sudden you have WAY more people that need assertive medical care than what the system can handle. That death rate you keep saying is insignificant won't be that way at all at that point.

That's why these measures are in place. Not necessarily because they think they can STOP the spread of this thing. But then NEED to slow it the fuck down, so the healthcare system doesn't get overloaded. They call it "flattening the curve".

Italy has not flattened their curve, and their hospitals are ALREADY starting feel a major strain in trying to keep up with this thing.

THAT is why all these infectious disease experts are calling for what seem like drastic measures (closing schools, etc.)
Very well put. I'm glad someone can spread knowledge with out being condescending or rude unlike the majority of sherdog. I did not know most of what you wrote.

They have a vaccine for flu and it's less deadly. How is it a less dangerous illness? they have no vaccine, it has a way higher mortality rate overall, it's hospilized young people. Drs in china said that people who have recovered might have organ damage from it.

They have a vaccine for flu and it's less deadly LMAO. How is it a less dangerous illness? they have no vaccine, it has a way higher mortality rate overall, it's hospilized young people. Drs in china said that people who have recovered might have organ damage from it.
With flu vaccine 250000-500000 die a year from flu. That would seem more deadly right?

Very well put. I'm glad some one can spread knowledge with out being condescending or rude unlike the majority of sherdog. I did not know most of what you wrote.

All good man. I'm not any smarter than anyone else here, I've just been reading a bit on it and this is what really resonated with me. Way smarter people than me laid it out, and I was like "Damn...okay then. I get it now."

Says the guy who responds in insult immediately. Look in the mirror.
Anyone that thinks this whole thing is an “experiment” by multiple govts and media sources to test people’s gullibility definitely qualifies as an idiot.

With flu vaccine 250000-500000 die a year from flu. That would seem more deadly right?
Yeah but the amount of people that data is from is probably around 200 million people getting it and over a period of a year. Coronavirus is only been 2 months, no vaccine. Theres also a vaccine for flu so less people will get it. So more people could get corronavirus it could infect 100s of millions, then it will have higher deaths than flu. Plus more people might die from lack of drs and resources.

you really think they are shutting shit down because it's flu?

because they are shutting everything down, I think it will stop. I think it won't get to that amount infected or dead thankfully. As the goverment is making changes. But people think it's just flu have no idea what they are on about. It's obvious it's not flu otherwise they wouldn't do anything haha.

That 1 death in ireland is his aunt???? What terrible luck. Rip.

That sucks...Sorry to hear it.
Condolences to him, his family and her friends.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
Why does sherdog let autistic people post?

Yeah but the amount of people that data is from is probably around 200 million people getting it and over a period of a year. Coronavirus is only been 2 months, no vaccine. Theres also a vaccine for flu so less people will get it. So more people could get corronavirus it could infect 100s of millions, then it will have higher deaths than flu. Plus more people might die from lack of drs and resources.

you really think they are shutting shit down because it's flu?

because they are shutting everything down, I think it will stop. I think it won't get to that amount infected or dead thankfully. As the goverment is making changes. But people think it's just flu have no idea what they are on about. It's obvious it's not flu otherwise they wouldn't do anything haha.
Two months would be January 14th, 2020 yes?

Meanwhile over 60k ppl die in the US every year of the flu. While Coronavirus death rate of ppl 50 and below is .2%. This is a media/gov experiment to see how many sheeptards they can control through fear and it's working......
Edit - 250000-500000 die from flu globally.

The virus has barely even started, calm the fuck down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back