Social ♕Rules of Engagement for the Wall♕

Would you approve of Trump using emergency powers to build his wall?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I donated just to piss libtards off

Loling good at you poor genders studies libbies thinking donating to this will "fleece" anyone. Stupid poor people
Anything to "own the libs" huh?

I think you, and many of the others in here, are missing the symbolism of it. $1 billion could realistically pay for a stretch of the wall somewhere along the border, but that's probably not what's going to happen. This is just to send a message to Congress that if a go fund me page can raise a significant sum of money for a border wall, then Congress can certainly do it.

In theory, Trump probably could take that money and build the wall. He has been researching alternative ways of getting it done, like using the military, but funding has to come from Congress. The President generally doesn't have an alternative source of income.
I get that symbolism, but the biggest supporters raising a small fraction of the cost of the wall and then tapping out doesn't exactly bode well for the project. If people are donating purely to make a point knowing they aren't actually going to lose money because it won't be built, what point are they proving? We obviously couldn't get the funds together unless you mean for us to take 24 times the amount of what was raised by the biggest supporters split among them and those who care much less or don't even support the wall.

If you're going to send a message to the government, why not put that money towards something that will have a direct impact like the VA or something? That way you are actually giving your money away legitimizing the sacrifice and doing real good for the country.

You mean...that you have no point at all?

You're welcome.
He means you think this was what he doesn't want so that's why you want it. Whether that's true or not I can't say, but he did have a point. I mean Palis said he did it to piss off the other side.

You mean...that you have no point at all?

You're welcome.

No again. Fuck me you are dumb aren’t you.

Doubling down on proving my point. No wonder you’ve got half the WR on ignore.

I get that symbolism, but the biggest supporters raising a small fraction of the cost of the wall and then tapping out doesn't exactly bode well for the project. If people are donating purely to make a point knowing they aren't actually going to lose money because it won't be built, what point are they proving? We obviously couldn't get the funds together unless you mean for us to take 24 times the amount of what was raised by the biggest supporters split among them and those who care much less or don't even support the wall.

If you're going to send a message to the government, why not put that money towards something that will have a direct impact like the VA or something? That way you are actually giving your money away legitimizing the sacrifice and doing real good for the country.
Assuming they could hit $1 billion, that would not be small. That would send a significant message. It will be interesting to see what that page is able to raise.

Assuming they could hit $1 billion, that would not be small. That would send a significant message. It will be interesting to see what that page is able to raise.
If by some miracle they were to hit a billion within the decade much less within Trump's time in office, that still only pays for a small part of the wall. Not 1/2, not 1/4, 1/8, or 1/16, but one 1/24 according to Fox's estimate. And I guarantee you that number will increase if they were to build it. So 1 out of 25 people really want the wall, why does that mean we should force the other 24 to pay for it and ignore the process of government?

Almost there, Donny! Only $989,000,000 more to go!

What's unreal is that the left wing media has has successfully convinced anyone that Trump is the criminal when it was Obama, Clinton, and Kerry that committed all the crimes (e.g., weaponizing the IRS and other agencies against political opponents, giving uranium to our sworn enemies the Russians, abandoning Americans in Benghazi, paying Iran under the table for hostages, destroying blackberries and deleting tens of thousands of e-mails to cover up mishandled classified information, etc.).

Sigh, I said nothing about either of them and aren't even American. Another BUT BUT .. HILLARY response.

Lol

An ancient solution to a modern problem. This is the level of thought put in by these people and their hilariously short sighted leader.

I would modify this to, :
Trump is like Sylvester the Cat

And Mexicans are like Speedy Gonzalez.

Much more racially appropriate and accurate

Last edited:
The money is not to actually help people "get over the wall" and its not actually to help people buy "ladders" to climb over with. It's raising money for a Texas based charity that helps immigrants who are seeking asylum.

This is the charity: https://www.raicestexas.org/

This is their mission statement: RAICES is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit agency that promotes justice by providing free and low-cost legal services to underserved immigrant children, families, and refugees.

I don't know anything about the charity's reputation, I haven't had time to research. But just thought people should have context before commenting.

The money is not to actually help people "get over the wall" and its not actually to help people buy "ladders" to climb over with. It's raising money for a Texas based charity that helps immigrants who are seeking asylum.

This is the charity: https://www.raicestexas.org/

This is their mission statement: RAICES is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit agency that promotes justice by providing free and low-cost legal services to underserved immigrant children, families, and refugees.

I don't know anything about the charity's reputation, I haven't had time to research. But just thought people should have context before commenting.

True, they are just having fun with this. The title stands though since thats what the GoFundMe Page says.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back