Social ♕♕♕GoT creators new show: Confederate♕♕♕

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Lord Commander Palis, Jul 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. method115

method115 Titanium Belt

I actually do remember an uproar about that. I think they had the nazi flags on like subways in NY or something.

Edit:

Found it:
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...n-the-high-castle-pulled-from-new-york-subway

2. Gregolian

Gregolian .45 ACP Platinum Member

This is just the Civil War version of Man in the High Castle basically right?

irish_thug likes this.
  3. EradiatedHaggis

EradiatedHaggis Banned Banned

By "sound assessment" you mean any information that is not your personal opinion...an opinion that needs to leave out information to attempt to sound remotely correct yet making you a bigger idiot like saying "the 1.25 million number" is smaller knowing damn well that it only represents the slaves they kept to support themselves which was a fraction of what they sold through-out Islam because it was a main source of income for them to do so.

Also, who said ANYTHING about Aztecs, Maya, Inca or any other natives of the Americas? That was a massive goalpost move attempt there to cover your previous idiotic comments. There can be no information about native slavery before European contact since they were so barbaric they didnt even have a written language to write it...but we DO know that the so called 5 civilized Native American tribes had both black and white slaves even after the civil war...as actor Don Cheadle found out the hard way all while still acting as if only white people ever had slaves...

Lastly, Tripoli...Lybia...AKA, North Africa...idiot...trying to call the Barbars on the Ottomans shows you know shit about fuck-all as usual.

<Dany07>

4. Slick_36

Slick_36 Bad Man from Borger, Texas

I have no problem with an alternate reality premise, I find thought experiments like that intriguing. There's a book series called Southern Victory that I plan on reading with the same concept. The problem was Game of Thrones has been incredibly weak without GRR Martin's direct involvement and these guys probably aren't the great minds we thought they were. The show sounds like it has a very weak perception of history and is extremely shallow in its approach.

5. Gregolian

Gregolian .45 ACP Platinum Member

I'd trust the guys that did these shows to give this premise the proper direction:

- Band of Brothers
    - The Wire
    - Sopranos as long as it avoids some bullshit ending
    - First 2 seasons of Dexter

Slick_36 likes this.
  6. hillelslovak87

hillelslovak87 Steel Belt

The estimates on the Barbary trade include all slaves sold to the Ottoman empire based upon the best, yet limited information provided from the time period.

Trying to inflate the numbers from 1.5 million to somewhere approaching equivalence with the 12.5 million from the Trans-Atlantic trade is cheap and foolish.

You brought up the Americas, not me. If you're going to lump them all together, you get called on it. You seem to not know anything about Southern and Central American history, because major tribes routinely enslaved each other after battles, typically for sacrifices and hard labor. You don't seem to know anything about their civilizations at all, considering you see them all us simply mindless savages, while they had many civilizational innovations Europeans had not achieved at the time.

In your eyes, did native american tribes in the Americas likely come close to the Trans-Atlantic slave trade in terms of scale and humans enslaved?

Please attempt to utilize a modicum of civility in lieu of behaving like a chimpanzee on a word processor. Thank you.

7. EradiatedHaggis

EradiatedHaggis Banned Banned

No shit fool, its in the link I provided as well as in my post that you are refuting, yet now for some reason repeating as truth. You are dumb as a bag of rocks.

Also, quote me bringing up Natives of the Americas taking more slaves than anyone...

<MaryseShutIt>

8. Stranger Come Knocking

Stranger Come Knocking Red Belt

So they copied Man in High Castle? What a surprise! Those 2 suck

9. hillelslovak87

Given the well established numbers, provide a rationale for your claim that the barbary trade, which is estimated at enslaving 1.5 million white european christians is equivalent to the Trans-Atlantic slave trade with it's estimated 12.5 million enslaved.

Also, explain why you posted the view that it was the civil war that sparked the european abolition of slavery despite the well known facts.

10. Fedorable

Fedorable Continues without supporting Sherdog.

11. Limbo Pete

Limbo Pete Fake History Man

Against my expectations, I liked Man in the High Castle
    But this? Do not want.

no fat chicks and Gregolian like this.
  12. hillelslovak87

It was my bad, you did not imply anything about slavery in the Americas. So there's that.

Now, again, since you abruptly stopped replying when I asked you to back up your claims, I restate my ask:

"Given the well established numbers, provide a rationale for your claim that the barbary trade, which is estimated at enslaving 1.5 million white european christians is equivalent to the Trans-Atlantic slave trade with it's estimated 12.5 million enslaved.

Also, explain why you posted the view that it was the civil war that sparked the european abolition of slavery despite the well known facts."

13. Lord Commander Palis

Lord Commander Palis Superior Genetics Double Yellow Card

Why do you not want?

14. Strychnine

Strychnine Steel Belt

What's the over/under on there being some slave rape in this series?

15. Limbo Pete

I can't do most historical fiction

16. Lord Commander Palis

Lord Commander Palis Superior Genetics Double Yellow Card

{<doc}

17. Limbo Pete

For some reason I read "why" as "what" on the first pass

18. IamStryker

IamStryker Silver Belt

This is standard practice for the Left.