Crime “Words alone” are no reason to kill, Man gets 10 years for punching woman over N-word

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sooo, it's all about context and homonyms??

Kind of. It's about language, which includes both of those.

Threat and danger of what? Are you saying that you can control what makes you feel threatened or in danger based on who says what word to you?

Like you mention above, I think many of us have the ability to determine what words make us feel this way or that way . . . or how we react to said words. We have the choice to give that word the power over our actions.

Regardless of what was said to this guy, he chose wrongly.

I think you may have misunderstood my post. You're saying the opposite of what I said, so I assume you missed a word or something.

I hear you, but, we all only have 1 life. I'm not a religious dude, so this is all i got.
If you do some dumb shit that causes me to lose the most valuable thing to ANY being on the planet(life) , "shit happens" is not good enough.
Anything short of you losing yourown life is getting off light.
10 years ALIVE in prison doesn't compare to dead for forever.
Stupidity isn't an excuse in my book..not when it leads to death.

That's a fair position. I kind of agree.

I agree on the second part though.
There are a lot of white people that seem to just find it impossible to believe in the experiences that blacks are telling them they experienced . I find it bizarre, because as you noted, there is plenty of shit i don't know about, or wouldn't ever be able to fully understand on account of me not being white, or gay, or a woman. That doesn't mean that the experiences of those people are not true.
On the flipside, i do think there are blacks that are very quick to immediately scream racism when there are actual other explanations. That doesn't help, and it makes it difficult to hold conversations on race with other people when there is a fear that you won't be able to speak freely without being labeled a racist

Yeah, I've always felt that blaming racism--even if the situation is 100% clearly racist--is useless. It doesn't help me at all if someone mistreats me because of my race. But if I chalk it up to something about me that can be improved, then that gives me an opportunity for growth.

However, that above approach takes a certain energy level. I've recently come to sympathize with people who don't do this. Life is tiring enough in a million other ways without also having to excuse people for being fucktards. There are already so many other ways for self-improvement that if someone is now blatantly racist toward me (which is rare), I now just chalk it up to racism and go on with my life.

And I'm a single guy with a pretty good life. If I were living below the poverty line and had kids and a shit job and needy family members and all kinds of bullshit weighing on me, I'd probably just blame every misfortune on racism just to survive, lol.

Kind of. It's about language, which includes both of those.

I think you may have misunderstood my post. You're saying the opposite of what I said, so I assume you missed a word or something.

So enlighten me.

Wait....seriously?

He threw one punch after being called a word meant to dehumanize him. A word that he had undoubtedly heard countless times in his life to dismiss him as subhuman trash.

Tragic all around, but 10 years for throwing one punch that would not conceivably have been predicted as killing a person....that sounds about right.

10 years is ridiculously short

he killed someone, after someone called him a bad word no less

this kind of trash does not belong on the streets

So enlighten me.

Enlighten you how? You thought my post said the opposite of what it said. I'm not sure what I could say that I didn't already say in the post you misread.

In Australia, there has been considerable amount of discussion over the past 5 years regarding reforming "king hit" sentencing. Plenty of stories of someone getting punched, falling, cracking their head on the ground and dying at the pubs.

I don't think there is an agreement in the national debate, but usually people want at least 10 years and up to 25 years.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-08-19/berg-mandatory-sentencing-a-king-hit-for-courts/5681594

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/na...349cedf8a?sv=aab7c7d6595e4e1c9d8f29e07658a3bd

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-01-08/cowdery-the-folly-of-our-one-punch-penalties/6006044

The above article was written by a QC, which is the highest barrister rank one can get in the country.

Yes, growing up in cali mexicans are different than whites, they dont have the white guilt, Mexicans will retaliate toward blacks and at this moment latinos outnumber blacks in terms of gangs, the mexican and central american gangs put fear in blacks, occassionaly you get the dumb kid who sucker punches severly hurting a latino and doesnt realize that latino has connection or family with a vicious vengeful cartel or gang and the black kid winds up dead and nobody cares.

They actually had a black flight where a lot of black families from compton, inglewood, lynwood fled to places like moreno valley because of the influx of mexicans.

You rarely see blacks fuck with mexicans dressed in cowboy hats and boots, these narco cultura mexicans could be cartel so they dont fuck with them.

I remember my heart pounding in san pedro i went to buy some fish on the pier and the place was blasting narcocorrido music and packed with these cowboy hat mexicans they had a party and i was the only black man at this place and they were giving me dirty looks, i was in line and after like a few minutes i left i went to another place i didnt want them to single me out a lot of them were drunk.

I am aware of this myself which is why I don't understand why blacks are so pro democrat. The are literally being driven out of their communities by immigration yet most black voters vote for pro immigrant politicians every election

In Australia, there has been considerable amount of discussion over the past 5 years regarding reforming "king hit" sentencing. Plenty of stories of someone getting punched, falling, cracking their head on the ground and dying at the pubs.

I don't think there is an agreement in the national debate, but usually people want at least 10 years and up to 25 years.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-08-19/berg-mandatory-sentencing-a-king-hit-for-courts/5681594

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/na...349cedf8a?sv=aab7c7d6595e4e1c9d8f29e07658a3bd

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-01-08/cowdery-the-folly-of-our-one-punch-penalties/6006044

The above article was written by a QC, which is the highest barrister rank one can get in the country.

i can get behind 25 year, have this lowlifes best years spent behind bars

Enlighten you how? You thought my post said the opposite of what it said. I'm not sure what I could say that I didn't already say in the post you misread.

Okay dude . . . whatever.

Blacks are part of the reason :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: is still a word used.

If they dont want this word to live on, stop fucking using it.

If it pisses you off so much, stop putting it all over your culture, in your songs in your movies and tv shows and using it as regular fucking word.

You not only look stupid using it to address eachother you perpetuate the fucking word. even in slang (as we both know that even the slang version is apparently offensive)

Let the fucking word die. I dont see any other race so regularly use a racially dergatory term to address each other.

This is part of the black culture that needs to die.

Let the fuckig word die already. Stop giving it power.

Do you honestly think that dumbass wont do something in that ten years to extend his stay?

Hes a fuck up.

Blacks are part of the reason :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: is still a word used.

If they dont want this word to live on, stop fucking using it.

If it pisses you off so much, stop putting it all over your culture, in your songs in your movies and tv shows and using it as regular fucking word.

You not only look stupid using it to address eachother you perpetuate the fucking word. even in slang (as we both know that even the slang version is apparently offensive)

Let the fucking word die. I dont see any other race so regularly use a racially dergatory term to address each other.

This is part of the black culture that needs to die.

Let the fuckig word die already. Stop giving it power.

It sounds like you're saying that black people are giving the word power, but you're also saying that black people use the word all the time in trivial ways, which would strip it of power. Could you clarify.

Also, I believe this thread is about a non-black person using the word, so your post seems kind of off topic. Or are you saying that black people using the word is what causes non-black people to use the word? How so?

It sounds like you're saying that black people are giving the word power, but you're also saying that black people use the word all the time in trivial ways, which would strip it of power. Could you clarify.

Also, I believe this thread is about a non-black person using the word, so your post seems kind of off topic. Or are you saying that black people using the word is what causes non-black people to use the word? How so?

Black people have tried (and failed) to slang up the word and give it a different meaning use.

But ask any black guy if a white dude they don't know can come up to them and call them a n***A. *note the a.

They would say FUCK NO. And the reasons why a white person can't but a strange black person CAN without much of a thought is EXACTLY why they've failed at slanging up and redefining the word.

It's continued use, is a continued reminder of it's heritage and this perpetuates hatred and a sensitivity towards the fucking word.

Just look at the story this thread is about.

If all blacks removed the fucking word from their culture it would eventually be forgotten. And a black person getting called a :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: wouldn't be that sensative towards the word as it's historical reference wouldn't be in their brains on the daily.

There were many derogatory and racial terms we don't even use or have died off through out the years.

You think any asian is going to freak out if I call them a "coolie"?

Let :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: die out. It's a shit word. Stop perpetuating it. The slang angle has failed miserably.

All this is tiny example of how BLACK CULTURE is partly responsible for keeping blacks down. And how it needs to be changed and improved.

This is pretty bullshit. A very light sentence for a crime he should be paying more for at the end of the day a verbal alltercation is no reason to strike a stranger even more so when your a large man and she is a woman.

And as far as I can tell there is no proof she called him a slur so even talking about it is a distraction.

This reeks of bullshit, 20 years sound more correct. No reason for a person who resorts to violence at the drop of a hat should be in society.

Last edited:
10 years seems a bit harsh IMO. I seriously doubt he had any intention of killing her, plus an elevated emotional state. 1-2 years seems fair for accidentally killing someone in these circumstances but 10? Jesus, that's to much.

1-2 years would be fair?

You don't even know what the complete circumstances are because the woman is dead along with the other side of the story.

Last edited:
I am aware of this myself which is why I don't understand why blacks are so pro democrat. The are literally being driven out of their communities by immigration yet most black voters vote for pro immigrant politicians every election

Lol because Republicans would look out for blacks better?
<36>

Black people have tried (and failed) to slang up the word and give it a different meaning use.

But ask any black guy if a white dude they don't know can come up to them and call them a n***A. *note the a.

They would say FUCK NO. And the reasons why a white person can't but a strange black person CAN without much of a thought is EXACTLY why they've failed at slanging up and redefining the word.

It's continued use, is a continued reminder of it's heritage and this perpetuates hatred and a sensitivity towards the fucking word.

Just look at the story this thread is about.

If all blacks removed the fucking word from their culture it would eventually be forgotten. And a black person getting called a :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: wouldn't be that sensative towards the word as it's historical reference wouldn't be in their brains on the daily.

There were many derogatory and racial terms we don't even use or have died off through out the years.

You think any asian is going to freak out if I call them a "coolie"?

Let :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: die out. It's a shit word. Stop perpetuating it. The slang angle has failed miserably.

All this is tiny example of how BLACK CULTURE is partly responsible for keeping blacks down. And how it needs to be changed and improved.

Lol gotta love when people say stuff like this as if "black people" are just one giant hive mind.
Im (half)black and don't use the N word. Neither does anyone in my immediate family, or circle of friends.

I agree that it's a word that needs to stop being used, but it's a word that was popularized by rap--music that is popularly made by poor ass people.
The N word is an entirely different kind of slur though with a different history.
The history of blacks and Americans differs greatly from other ethnic groups which is why the word sticks more than others

Lol gotta love when people say stuff like this as if "black people" are just one giant hive mind.
Im (half)black and don't use the N word. Neither does anyone in my immediate family, or circle of friends.

I agree that it's a word that needs to stop being used, but it's a word that was popularized by rap--music that is popularly made by poor ass people.
The N word is an entirely different kind of slur though with a different history.
The history of blacks and Americans differs greatly from other ethnic groups which is why the word sticks more than others

While i apllaud bith you and your circle of friends for not sinking to the idiotic level by referringg to yourselves in the slang version, nothing you said really disputed what i claiming.

That its black culture perpetuating a shitty word. And that until they stop , their sensativity and violence toward both the slang and non slang version will continue.

Black culture is a problem and yes rap musics influence plays a part in that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back