Crime “Words alone” are no reason to kill, Man gets 10 years for punching woman over N-word

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard not to feel a bit of sympathy for the guy.

The sentence seems correct to me. Another two-sided tragedy.

Naw man.. They call each other ni..... all the time. They don't care that much when women do it, from my experience. He was just trying to be a hard was punching so exist for arguing with him. MIGHT have your sympathy, a little, if it were a man he hit, but it was a woman. I'm tired of videos and accounts of dudes like this punching women. Seriously. He deserves no sympathy at all.

Grown man

Punches woman

Reason: he is sensitive to a word he hears daily in rap songs

Result: 10 years in the cooler

Opinion: the right sentence was handed down, May he repent his sins and learn to behave properly in society

She probably just said Negra...which means black in spanish and isn't a slur.

Also LOL at how many people in this thread are banned

I've been called names before and didn't punch the person in the face.

Because I'm not on the spectrum.

Naw man.. They call each other ni..... all the time. They don't care that much when women do it, from my experience. He was just trying to be a hard was punching so exist for arguing with him. MIGHT have your sympathy, a little, if it were a man he hit, but it was a woman. I'm tired of videos and accounts of dudes like this punching women. Seriously. He deserves no sympathy at all.
I don't think he intended to kill her.

I cant imagine getting so upset over being called a name i would assault someone over it.
Judging from his pic, he doesnt appear to be to bright.

There is no excuse for this man attacking an inebriated woman no matter what she said. I just want to point out that there is no evidence she said it other than the convicted killer claiming she said it.
It seems to me that there should have been other witnesses if she turned and said it while exiting the store while he was still at the counter. Even the convicted mans girlfriend, who was present, described hearing her cursing, not calling him the dreaded "n" word. When he was picked up by the police, he lied and claimed he hadn't assaulted anyone, when he learned he was on video and his victim was dead, then she called him a bad name.
Not the first time the usage of the word that cannot be said was used as an excuse for violence, as if its some kind of get out of jail free card.

Some guy asked me at the grocery store where the spic & span was located once and I lost it

Title should say allegedly using the n word. There is no evidence outside of the killer's word.

This is why I only go to Circle Ks.

This is why i branch out.

Fuck women of other nationalities and races.

That way you learn all the bad words.

I’m not a lawyer so my take on this is arguably useless, but I don’t think this should count as a murder.

Maybe a manslaughter at best, as the violence was provoked and the victim’s death wasn’t premeditated.

The people that have lower IQ’s generally can’t control themselves and are more prone to rage followed by physical violence..

That’s what jails are for...

\
The people that have lower IQ’s generally can’t control themselves and are more prone to rage followed by physical violence..

That’s what jails are for...
I believe violent criminals all of underdeveloped prefrontal cortex or something like that in their brain.

She probably just said Negra...which means black in spanish and isn't a slur.

Also LOL at how many people in this thread are banned

I was scrolling through and noticed that. Can't help but notice that 95% or so of the yellow and/or banned lean right. Seems very lopsided. I wonder why that is?

Wait....seriously?

He threw one punch after being called a word meant to dehumanize him. A word that he had undoubtedly heard countless times in his life to dismiss him as subhuman trash.

Tragic all around, but 10 years for throwing one punch that would not conceivably have been predicted as killing a person....that sounds about right.
You are not human

Do you want to murder me now?

If it was murder, why wasn't he charged with attempted murder before she died?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back