“Everybody is on steroids” - Scientific proof that Nate was right

@20falarVerdades posted the results of an anonymous poll taken by track and field athletes awhile back. The results were 40% use PEDs/banned substances. Contrast this with only 1-2% being caught.

Raises some eyebrows for sure.

For examples Jones, Romero and Ortega should be tested once a month for A two year probational period as well as random testing on top of that during fight camps or whenever there selected..
If they tried doing that, i legit think a fighters union would finally be created

Lol at 4/1, that's the T/E ratio of a 5 year old girl.

Yes everyone is on steroids, everyone will have heart problems and die in early age.

Not really, you are just stupid.
The testing are Very hard to pass if you are on steroids, close to impossible.
The Diaz brothers are very well known for making a lot of excuses.

If they tried doing that, i legit think a fighters union would finally be created

In protest or in favor?

I think there needs to be some form of association or union for MMA fighters... As a martial artist myself and someone who wants to try competing professionally as early as this year, I think for all the work and time and risk involved for these guys there's not making half as much as they should nor do they have proper support.. The UFC is working off a ancient business practice that for some reason still scares fighters into shitty contracts...

Eventually something will give... Just not sure what

In protest or in favor?

I think there needs to be some form of association or union for MMA fighters... As a martial artist myself and someone who wants to try competing professionally as early as this year, I think for all the work and time and risk involved for these guys there's not making half as much as they should nor do they have proper support.. The UFC is working off a ancient business practice that for some reason still scares fighters into shitty contracts...

Eventually something will give... Just not sure what
In protest of course.

The fighters hate being drug tested. Its a nuisance.

In protest of course.

The fighters hate being drug tested. Its a nuisance.

Well it's there job and we all have parts of our jobs we hate.. So boo hoo if they hate it lol... If they want a common goal of a clean sport that's the easiest way about it..

Plus if your caught for peds... You really forego your right to complain about being tested more then others no?

It's like a guy with a criminal record complaining he has to do a police history check before every job interview lol you brought that shit on yourself

I came into some surprising information recently about microdosing, which really makes me question how people are being drug tested.

According to this guy who has a channel dedicated exclusively to anti-doping(and i had heard about this before as well), the testing begins by analysing your T/E ratio. If it breaks the 4/1 threshold, your sample gets sent to further analysis.

Then the guy goes on to say that “350 mg/week is really not that much for a 100kg guy, and that is why we can regard this as microdosing” (13:06 on the video)

Wait…. excuse me…. WHAT????
This isnt micro at all! WTF!

Not from the video, but you can look it up:
“A normal young man will produce a total of about 6 milligrams (mg), or 6 hundredths of a gram, per day.”

Therefore, 6x7 will amount to 42mg/week. Which is 8.3 times less than the 350mg a “dirty” athlete would have in their system… EIGHT TIMES!

Accoding to the study he analyses on the video, which administered 350mg/week of testosterone, you can beat the testing.

This 350mg/week dose might not trigger the 4/1 ratio threshold. And the samples arent even being sent to the secondary, more comprehensive stage. (confirmed on the video at 31:40). Out of the 9 people receiving the same amount of testosterone(350 mg/week), only 5 tested positive.

This is because there is extreme variation on how a persons T/E ratio will react for each individual. However, there is nothing stopping anyone from taking testosterone, paying for a test themselves and figuring out how much they can actually take and still stay within the 4/1 range while simultaneously way above the true natural range.

So pretty much a lot of athletes could be passing the tests using dosages that are damn close to a full blown cycle. There is nothing “micro” about it.
A beginners cycle is usually something around 500mg/week of testosterone, which isnt that far away from 350mg/week. Specially when you consider how much you produce a week naturally. The 350mg is a lot closer to 500 than 42.

I was always skeptical about this “microdosing” concept because of how the HPT axis works with its negative feedback loop. But now it all makes sense, the doses that are considered micro arent micro at all. (if you are not aware of what the HPT axis is you can look it up easily, however it would be too much for me to go into right now, but basically is how your body controls how much testosterone it should produce endogenously)

After learning all that, it seems to me that the reality is that the microdosing concept is complete and utter bullshit.
A snakeoil salesman pitch to confuse the layman.

Athletes are pretty much being “allowed” to go on mild cycles and still pass the test.
LOL at fullofshitzkys “the testing has gotten too good”.
<36>

Also, the tainted supplement excuse seems really fickle for cases that involve drugs that have an effect on T/E. As I have a really hard time believing something “tainted with miniscule amounts by contamination” would be triggering the 4/1 ratio after learning how high the threshold for it can be.
Drug testing is a facade.

On top of that, the existence of “masking agents” could potentially be making the situation a lot worse and werent even considered in the study that the guy covered in the video.

Ive been saying this all along guys. Your favorite fighters are very likely on some shit.

You can always watch the women's division if you don't want to watch men?

The problem is this, once you realize you can alleviate that diminishing normal affect that comes with aging. You can't really turn it off.

Nate Diaz said it best himself everyone's on steroids. Including themselves.

If they want a common goal of a clean sport that's the easiest way about it..
They dont.

They might say they do, but its a front.

Im sure there are some who actually mean it. But its a minority.

Nice post TS.
I doubt any grown-up believe that their favourite fighter is clean. In mma, guys at 40 move like 27 year olds, and 250 lb men can fight at high pace for 25 minutes.

We just use a ped bust to discredit guys we don't like:

..On Brock: "Lesnar is a cheater that would never beat Hunt if he wasn't juiced to the gills"...

...On my favourite fighter, BJ caught for masking: "Dillude his Bio passport? Flushing out drugs of his system? NO WAY!! Poor BJ was only doing some vitamin therapy for his vertigo"
BJ got caught doing something???

Not from the video, but you can look it up:
“A normal young man will produce a total of about 6 milligrams (mg), or 6 hundredths of a gram, per day.”

A milligram is a thousandth of a gram, not a hundredth. Ffs man this is basic bitch shit. Git gud

A milligram is a thousandth of a gram, not a hundredth. Ffs man this is basic bitch shit. Git gud
He made a mistake on that one word. His next sentence has the math right.
Plus it isnt even my mistake. As you see the quotes, it was copy pasted from the most relevant article that shows up on google. So whoever wrote it made the mistake, not me.

In the liver is just being a jerk. Instead of "by the way, that part you quoted is wrong", he attacks me using words like "git gud"

I mean... seriously, 14 yo confirmed

I for one believe it's possible to have clean sport.. But greed is this world's biggest problem ATM so it's a hard sell I get that but

to fix the problem we should pay fighters more to be clean...as the risk and reward problem will go away.. Followed by stronger two fold testing and raised threshold for pops...

Followed by regular and irregular testing for those that have been caught before. .

For examples Jones, Romero and Ortega should be tested once a month for A two year probational period as well as random testing on top of that during fight camps or whenever there selected..

That's how you control cheating.. Furthermore I believe gyms should start being levied with punishments If multiple fighters with strong affliations to them keep popping
..as gyms are profiting off of the cheating as well and curb the hole locker room secrecy around steroids

But that's neither here or there but that's just some ideas I've had[/QUOTE

The thought is nice, but don't think this will make anything different. Clean guys would never even make it to the UFC, so the risk/reward problem will always be there.

By the eye test, the HW boxing champs before WWII- when steroids use spread in sports- were looking like regular people doing physical work. Some exceptions with the black fighters or Primo Carnera, but overall nothing special.

Training and diet have changed, sure, but now a days you can see soccer moms that joined a gym in their twenties who are more buff than Joe Louis.

BJ got caught doing something???
He took an IV and claimed it was some vitamins because of his vertigo. He only got 6 months for it.

This is what USADA has to say abouty it... :"...It is a fact that IVs can be used to change blood test results (such as hematocrit where EPO or blood doping is being used), mask urine test results (by dilution) or by administering prohibited substances in a way that will more quickly be cleared from the body in order to beat an anti-doping test..."

The thought is nice, but don't think this will make anything different. Clean guys would never even make it to the UFC, so the risk/reward problem will always be there.

It just takes a few brave people to start a change for it to steam roll into something bigger.. Like a snowball at a top of a hill rolling down getting bigger...

The problem is the first steps are always the hardest conditions need to be right and people, fans, and fighters need to want it bad enough... I think we're almost there alot of heat is coming off this Jones thing..

I must hope no1 has to die before we start to address this more seriously..

I want to fight myself.. But I'm strongly opposed to PEDs and as you mentioned in the current state... My chances of making to the UFC could very well hang in balance of what route drug testing takes from now on

Plus it isnt even my mistake. As you see the quotes, it was copy pasted from the most relevant article that shows up on google. So whoever wrote it made the mistake, not me.

In the liver is just being a jerk. Instead of "by the way, that part you quoted is wrong", he attacks me using words like "git gud"

I mean... seriously, 14 yo confirmed

Genuinely sorry that "git gud" upset you, id like to take it back and offer a much more supportive "dont be so fucking stupid", if i may

It's a shame all this nonsense in the roiders community. Can't they pick up a guy among them who is a PhD in molecular biology and educate the rest of the simian community.

The bro-science level in roiders fraternity is insane. I do not know of any other community that is so diffused with hearsay bro science guys. These idiots and the weight lose in 10 weeks guys. F*cking idiots.

Back