Yves Lavigne should be fired

Instead of just saying it was a late stoppage, let us know when you think it should have been stopped. Just use the GIF. Would be interesting to see at what time different people would have stopped it.

For me, right around 2:30. When he started hovering real close is when he should have stopped it, at the latest. He could have stopped it at the end of the prior salvo without too many complaints.

Stoppage was fine. Lots of punches landed but they werent too hard

Only in MMA. In boxing you can not go with taking that many unanswered clean shots while stumbling, and the fight not being stopped. Happens way to much in MMA.

In boxing, they'll literally help a fighter stand back up after getting KOed, then call the standing KO. Lol, these sports aren't even close.

Like this classic (ref actually raising Montiel's gloves):

Anyone defending that stoppage must have been hit as many times as Maynard was. If getting hit clean in the face 20+ times without showing any sign of defense isn't ''a fighter not defending himself'' I don't know what is. Maynard was clearly, and I do mean clearly, out on his feet way before the stoppage.

I think you are correct

I thought that went on a little too long... even Diaz stopped for a second and kinda looked at Yves. Maynard wasn't defending himself at all. The cage was holding up Maynard for half of that flurry of punches.

Standing KOs in MMA are tough though...

This thread was created without any balls.

These things happen in MMA.

130214003615-gus-johnson-single-image-cut.jpg

I thought it was a great stoppage.

Any earlier, there would have been cries of "early stoppage".

As it was, Gray still had his feet, but lost them right after the stoppage. Seems like perfect timing to me.

That was disgusting. The ref has a responsibility to protect the fighters, Maynard was out multiple times, multiple concussions like that is why you have so many zombies in combat sports.

0.gif

Dude if he should be fired than Frankie should've never been champion because he recovered from just as bad of an ass whooping twice. FROM GREY.

Perfectly timed stoppage. He gave Maynard a chance to recover and when it didnt happen he stopped it.

That was an amazing stoppage. What the fuck are you talking about?

Can't blame Yves on that one. Maynard was still moving his feet and not going down. I'm sure, like all of us, Yves was just waiting for Maynard to drop, but it never happened.

I think it could've been stopped when Maynard was backing up and looking away. But people would be complaining of an early stoppage anyways.

Back