Yves Lavigne should be fired

W

WilliamG

That was disgusting. The ref has a responsibility to protect the fighters, Maynard was out multiple times, multiple concussions like that is why you have so many zombies in combat sports.

0.gif

Edit:

I take back my comment that Yves should be fired, I was just pissed off right after seeing that ass-whooping.

Last edited by a moderator:
I disagree diaz wasn't putting much behind those punches and Maynard looked like he was about to start clinching

MMA refs are horrible when it comes to stopping fights when a fighter is out on their feet. Happens with almost all of them.

So you would have to fire almost all of them.

That was a perfect stoppage, stop cryin'

did u guys see how he held nate away from gray instead of helping maynard first

I have to say though, I love Nate. That guy is hilarious. I just found that painful to watch, I'm all for refs letting the fights going on, stopping that one fight with one second left was horrible, but letting that fight go on so long when he was clearly out on his feet was nasty. And all you people thinking I'm a bitch are stupid, I used to be a boxer / thai boxer and as an MMA fan the last thing we need is people getting brain damage and thus negative publicity everywhere and attempts to ban the sport again. MMA refs are just super shitty. At least they're better than the judges I guess.

It WAS a terrible stoppage. Maynard was completely done and took at least 10 unnecessary shots.

The stoppage was fine. Any earlier and I bet you would have cried about it being stopped too early.

Agreed. Horribly late stoppage. Reminded me of Pat Curran vs Joe Warren, which still gives me nightmares. Yves is the absolute worst.

i think it was a bit late, not the worst i've seen by any means, but it could of been stopped 10 seconds earlier and maynard wouldn't of complained

The stoppage was fine. Any earlier and I bet you would have cried about it being stopped too early.

No it wasnt. Even Diaz threw his hands ups and slightly looked at the Ref like "When are you going to stop it"

Back