Yves Lavigne should be fired

Was surprising Nate Diaz had that much power behind his shots but yes bad stoppage. I would say 6 punches too late or more.

Last edited:
I wouldnt have blamed him if he stopped it earlier. Gray was out on his feet.

Only in MMA. In boxing you can not go with taking that many unanswered clean shots while stumbling, and the fight not being stopped. Happens way to much in MMA.

good thing we are under MMA rules, for suckers like you who likes to watch quick stoppages (usually predetermined stoppages) it's awesome that we are watching MMA

Still better than Yamasucky

Yeah that was the one that bothered me the most tonight. He heard the ten second clap and then proceeded to stop the fight with 1 second left in the round when Jessica was still protecting herself. Notice how she hopped right up after he stopped it. Yamasaki has some Mazzagatti moments for sure. Yves on the other hand will occasionally let a fight go to long but he has actually been pretty solid over the last couple years and imo has improved a lot

I agree now that I was a bit harsh calling for Yves to be fired, sorry for that. But it just pissed me off seeing that go on for so long. Funny how we had one fight stopped 1 second too early, and this one too late.

3.gif

What an ass kicking.

It was a good stoppage, he gave Gray a chance to recover.

i dont know one side of me says it was way to late the other says Diaz wasnt hitting him with everything but he clearly was not defending himself for the last 30 seconds. Maybe he needed to be protected

I agree. I hate when he refs. Horrible

Instead of just saying it was a late stoppage, let us know when you think it should have been stopped. Just use the GIF. Would be interesting to see at what time different people would have stopped it.

Was surprising Nate Diaz had that much power behind his shots but yes bad stoppage. Respect to Nate Diaz for throwing his hands up. It shouldn't be illegal to stop fighting before the ref stops it. Maynard fell down on his own after the strikes stopped coming.

OMFG can u have a worse fight than that video LMFAO
Zuluzhino put a better effort

I thought it was a late stoppage but I am glad Yves let it go on cause now people can't discredit the win by saying early stoppage.

I agree, the stoppage was definitely on the late side. Anik was even like "Yves gave Maynard every chance there was to come back," or something along those lines lol.

Yves flies under the radar, but IMO he's got the biggest screw ups. I will never forget the atrocity behind Matt Brown vs Pete Sell. Yves should've gone to jail for that.

That was disgusting. The ref has a responsibility to protect the fighters, Maynard was out multiple times, multiple concussions like that is why you have so many zombies in combat sports.

0.gif

Yves "Let Em Bleed" Lavigne strikes again

standing TKO's in MMA are tricky.

This. And unlike Curran/Warren, he didn't get dropped against the fence, and was trying to move away until Diaz got pulled off of him. Could have been stopped earlier, but it's not nearly as bad as Warren's beatdown was.

Back