Yves Lavigne should be fired

Yves in general is just terrible. I remember seeing one of Dana's vlogs where he was briefing the fighters and he actually seemed to know his shit, but somehow he just keeps fucking up in the cage. I think right now a lot of you guys think I'm wrong, but when you get a clear slow-mo replay you'll see how many times his eyes go blank. I really want to see a full replay of that destruction.

STFU ts... You whine too much.

Sorry for giving a shit about the well-being of fighters, but anyone who has actually trained or knows anything about combat sports will tell you that it's multiple concussions like that which give people brain damage. That's why I have a problem with it as opposed to just a general ass-whooping where someone gets bloodied up. I'm all for giving fighters opportunities, but he was fucking out.

you should set yourself on fire
this was perfect stoppage! alot of ref would have hesitate stopping a fight when fighter are standing, this was perfect

Not that bad for a main event stoppage . . . I agree it was a beating, but Gray was still standing. Standing KOs are tough to stop. Velasquez/Dos Santos was far worse.

Yves is a good ref. 2nd best to Herb Dean IMO.

Anyone defending that stoppage must have been hit as many times as Maynard was. If getting hit clean in the face 20+ times without showing any sign of defense isn't ''a fighter not defending himself'' I don't know what is. Maynard was clearly, and I do mean clearly, out on his feet way before the stoppage.

I thought it was a good stoppage but lol at Kizer reprimanding anyone.

Good stoppage,i bet wimslow would of let that go on till diaz was soccer kicking maynard or something

Those weren't killer shots, it should've been stopped a bit earlier, but this isn't like Curran vs Warren

No it wasnt. Even Diaz threw his hands ups and slightly looked at the Ref like "When are you going to stop it"

Nate through his arms up Like "you gonna actually fight bitch?" To Maynard.

No, TS, YOU SHOULD BE FIRED.

It was hard to tell if he was recovered or not. Nothing wrong with the stoppage... MAYBE a bit late, but nothing worthy of the bitch-league complaining found in the OP

The stoppage was fine. Any earlier and I bet you would have cried about it being stopped too early.

This right here. This wasn't an instant where the fighter flat on his face taking punches. He was still standing and moving (a bit). Ives stopped the fight at a good time. We have the benefit of having multiple angles and slow mo replays.

I personally would like to see fighters get hit more before it gets stopped. Should have let Maynard hit the deck b4 stepping in. imho

Not that bad for a main event stoppage . . . I agree it was a beating, but Gray was still standing. Standing KOs are tough to stop. Velasquez/Dos Santos was far worse.

Yves is a good ref. 2nd best to Herb Dean IMO.

Only in MMA. In boxing you can not go with taking that many unanswered clean shots while stumbling, and the fight not being stopped. Happens way to much in MMA.

Terrible stoppage imo. How many shots does a person have to take regardless if he's still standing before you decide to stop the fight. Gray was glass eyed and wasn't even swinging back or attempting to block. horrible

Cmon Yves. Not as bad but yeah.

3.gif

4.gif

Back