Your overall mma excitement right now

2017 has been abysmal. For me, the 3 best fights of the year have been cancelled.

Garbrandt/Dillashaw
Ferguson/Khabib
Nunes/Val

I think those are the top fighters in their weightclasses which would have resulted in amazing fights.

Too many top fighters are sitting out this year, too. I feel like top LW and top MW have absolutely fallen apart.

Tony
Khabib
Conor - all inactive

Bisping not defending his title
Rockhold
Moose is gone now
Romero never got his well deserved title shot

3.1415926535/10 for no particular reason I just like Pi(e).

802AFWv.jpg

Probably 2.5/10

Will go back to 1/10 after DC besmirches Jones

Basically at zero.
I've watched the org I'd grown to love in my early twenties become a sorry mcjoke.
The other orgs don't really grab me yet but they're gonna.

Extremely low:

-losing top fighters
-no stars
-lots of mediocre headliners and mediocre cards
-saturated roster with way to many non-ufc caliber fighters
-champs ducking top comp
-UFC putting drama>>legitimacy
-ppv model is dying, so please move to streaming
This

my highest ever has been page vs evans or silva vs Chael 2.

On a scale of 1-10 I'm sitting around 7 overall maybe a 6.

Anybody else feeling this way? I need another huge fight to really really get behind . Conor vs floyd is gnna hit the spot MAYBE but still not mma so it's not the same.

How would rate your overall fight excitement as of TODAY? 1-10 with 10 being the best
TJ vs Garbrandt,
Ferg vs Khabib,
Holloway vs Edgar,
Jones vs DC

this-is-super-excitement-gif-1654.gif

The biggest fight of the year by an mma fighter is in a boxing ring. That should tell you the state of mma right now.

I did enjoy the card yesterday, though. Which I didn't have super high hopes for. It's always the ones you don't see coming.

Cub, Bisping, Kelvin, Whittaker, Conor, Tony, Lawler, Cody, Nate, Cowboy, Moose, Barboza, Rockhold, Jones, Stipe, RDA and Derrick Lewis are my excitement inducing "must-watch" fighters at the moment and most of them have either not fought this year or have only gotten in there once, so, obviously, it hasn't been all that exciting so far.

But I'm staying optimistic. And some gems keep surprising, popping up here and there. Justin Gaethje has certainly been the highlight of the year. Also like that Kevin Lee is climbing the ladder. Moose going to Bellator was sad, though... I'd say, on average, I've been an optimistic 6/10 so far this year. Pushing for 8/10 for UFC 214.

throughout 2017 its been like a 3, maybe 6 or 7 now with jones dc

I'm not really pumped for jones vs D.C. 2. I didn't even watch the fights yesterday I just read the results on here and I'm feeling meh overall this week.
You should've watched last nights card. Some brutal finishes

I'm sitting at about a 1 or a 2 out of 10.

The only semi interesting fight is Jones vs DC 2. And that's only because it will solidify the LHW division and get it back on track.

That division and heavyweight are the only 2 weight classes NOT fucked up right now.

Hasn't been a great time for prospects either. Diakiese, Bektic and Superboy all lost. Ngannou is the only one who hasn't faltered. We have guys like Kevin Lee, but I can't put much stock in a fighter who gets hurt in every fight.

Pretty low...

I need some superfights to get it back up there. Jones vs Browne, GSP vs Bisping, Anderson vs Glover, Mighty Mouse vs The little snake.

9/10.

The card yesterday was great and I think Cormier vs Jones 2 is the best fight UFC could put on.
Also Demian Maia vs Woodley and the rest of the UFC 214 Card is just amazing.

Back