Your overall mma excitement right now

Megatronlee

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
my highest ever has been page vs evans or silva vs Chael 2.

On a scale of 1-10 I'm sitting around 7 overall maybe a 6.

Anybody else feeling this way? I need another huge fight to really really get behind . Conor vs floyd is gnna hit the spot MAYBE but still not mma so it's not the same.

How would rate your overall fight excitement as of TODAY? 1-10 with 10 being the best

I'm not really pumped for jones vs D.C. 2. I didn't even watch the fights yesterday I just read the results on here and I'm feeling meh overall this week.

well I was at UFC Glasgow last night so apart from the results not going the way I wanted Im at about an 8 or a 9

9v4zte8lg953pcd8rf77t54vm.300x225x25.gif

For me, it's close to an all time low.

9.5/10 for UFC 200 up until DC / JJ was cancelled.

9/10 for UFC 214. COME ON DC!

Extremely low:

-losing top fighters
-no stars
-lots of mediocre headliners and mediocre cards
-saturated roster with way to many non-ufc caliber fighters
-champs ducking top comp
-UFC putting drama>>legitimacy
-ppv model is dying, so please move to streaming

Last edited:
Like a 5 or so. Boring year so far, nothing has panned out well. The sport suffers tremendously without Conor tbh. No one else commands a level of star power anywhere near, no one else fighting feels like a must-watch event.

10/10 is only reserved for when Rockhold fights. Just seeing him with his shirt off makes my day

I think I've skipped more card in the last 6 months than I have in the last 6 years.

I'm just waiting for Frankie vs Max and Dillashaw vs Garbrandt.

You can't make two better fights than that, imo.

For me the biggest issue has been lack of fights I care about

Since I started watching this is the least interested I have been in the sport. UFC has been garbage for a long time but JMMA and Bellator aren't really doing it for me anymore. I use to try and watch other promotions but I just don't have the interest right now. Being Hockey's off season this is usually when I am most pumped on MMA but I just don't care right now. Being as I still check news and results once a day I will say i am at a 3/10. However the UFC hasn't had much to offer in a while. I love Conor however his fight with Mayweather is showing a lot of the problems with the UFC. MMA was at its best when Pride was still around. Yes I preferred Pride to the UFC but I was still very excited about every UFC event. Once UFC became the only show in town, its been a slow but steady decline in its out put. Its not like MMA just died over night or anything. We got some cool fights and almost super fights out of it. It was nice to see some of my favorite Pride guys in the UFC and not need to stay up all night to watch them fight. Dream and Sengoku popped up instantly and had some amazing cards. Fedor was still always worth watching. However its just been slowing down a little bit at a time for me personally since with the occasional great moment. Anderson getting KO'ed was a WTF can't stop hitting refresh on every news site type moment. Jones not being able to get out of his own way was interesting for a while. However its just not enough anymore. Showtime saying the UFC is more about Dana than the fighters is very accurate.

10/10 if Jones vs DC card happens

otherwise 3/10 UFC WME is pretty terrible save for a few fights

Excited for 214, only the second ppv to get me interested (211) and for UFC to come to Detroit in December although I'm sure it will get a no namer card sitting between MSG and year end Vegas card

6/10

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back