Your overall mma excitement right now

Stay around a 7 to 8 but my focus is shifting away from UFC and more toward Bellator.. John Salter choking Kendal Grove in the first was epic.. Campos vs Girtz was a slobber-knocker....

Definitely lost some points this year.

Probably a 6.

Worst part is to thinl that it's not because there isn't good figters or match ups to be made. It's just that the UFC lost their grip and now it's a mess.

5/10.

If I get to watch the cards, great, if not that's OK too.

6/10. I want to see the best fight the best, I don't care about anything else, so needless to say I'm pretty bummed out after Rory and Mousasi leaving, champs stalling, no new stars, etc.

The problem for me is not necessarily lack of MMA superstars atm, its the fact that my favorite fighters are getting slaughtered left and right...

2012-2015 was probably the peak years for my overall excitement, I was a fan of like 3-4 UFC champions and they were having some glorious moments which were actually making some noise too..

Dos Santos..... What a brilliant mofo he was. One of the most fantastic, brilliant title runs I have ever seen. Untouchable striker who literally runs through every opponent in front of him..

Jose Aldo, my hero and inspiration. One of the best title reigns in MMA history. A young kid who came from the favelas to completely take over the FW division.

Diego Sanchez.. The toughest, most brave warrior UFC has ever seen. The embodiment of Just Bleed God in MMA. When Diego was about to get in there, you just knew there was a good chance of a FOTY candidate. The chin that held up for so, so long.

Rumble Johnson. Became a huge fan after his move to WSOF. Perhaps not many MMA fans really cared about him, but who gives a fuck? He was one of the deadliest, most vicious striker in modern era, That was simply enough for me. On top of that, his return to UFC, and eventually moving up the ladder to get himself a title shot, was inspirational.

These are just some of my favorite fighters who had saddening & heart crushing downfalls.

I miss feeling that itch I used to get when of my faves UFC fights are getting close, now I'm just looking at these cards with empty, pointless eyes.

Ponzi won yay.... OK I guess? Whitaker won the belt alright, I guess I'm happy... See what I mean?

1-2 out of 10 and it has been like that for over 10 years.
The most exciting fight in the last 10 years was 'meh"to me.
I have no good explanation why I still watch MMA, that's probably why I watch most fights in fastforward.

10/10 if Jones vs DC card happens

otherwise 3/10 UFC WME is pretty terrible save for a few fights

The rest on Brazzers?

J/k, re: excitement, I'm at 5/10 Mon - Thu, 8/10 for almost all cards, except for outright shitty ones. I don't learn. I just get excited and put my faith into the fighters every time. Like for example the Ponzi - Nelson fight, it was a decent - def not anywhere near great - card, yet I got 8/10 excited. Got 14/10 annoyed for my effort, but still. I love the sport, it's fun to watch and there's always a chance of a crazy finish, but I don't blame people who only ever tune into PPVs. With the new owners especially, the UFC output requires heavy scrutiny...

I'm not really pumped for jones vs D.C. 2. I didn't even watch the fights yesterday I just read the results on here and I'm feeling meh overall this week.

u should watch the whole ufc fight night 113, overal it has been a very nice card
plus last friday bellator 181 main event campos vs girtz was a violent fight worth to watch

i'm something like 7/10

I mean...overall I'm at like 7.5. But for 2017, it's like 2 atm. So many good fights canceled and so many shit cards with shit main cards with so many fights that dont mean anything. Also this WME era is completely deflating.

UFC-214-1.png

If this card doesn't fall apart at the last minute, 1010.

Most of the champions don't get me that excited, they seem either average or boring. Aldo losing felt like the last of an era.

Although Frankie possibly becoming a double weight champ has me pumped.

because of ufc 215 and my proximity to it, quite high

woodley wonderboy boring AF
khabob fail
nunes fail
gerbrant dill fail
conor no longer MMA
ronda fail

still has its moments like Gaychee, but hell, it's been bad.

I'm barely excited for floyd conor, and watch late ass mma replays.

Probably a little low right now but I'm very busy with work. Optimistic that the remainder of the year be a good one. Stoked for Jones/DC

Extremely low:

-losing top fighters
-no stars
-lots of mediocre headliners and mediocre cards
-saturated roster with way to many non-ufc caliber fighters
-champs ducking top comp
-UFC putting drama>>legitimacy
-ppv model is dying, so please move to streaming
This.
Thank you

Back