Would You Be Cool With Diaz/Poirier Being Promoted to Main Event For UFC 230?

No it's MSG

That's a great co-main but MSG is supposed to be the card of the year and the last couple were. Demand better from the UFC

Where is Nate vs Dustin on the card at 217 or 205? not in the main event

At this point I'd be down for some actual confirmation that the fight between Dustin and Diaz is actually happening. Both guys said fuck that not too long ago.

Do we even know if Poirier vs Nate is happening?

With time running low on a Main Event announcement (I believe tickets pre sale go on in a week or two) the UFC is seemingly scrambling to come up with a Main Event for UFC 230. Not sure what direction they were looking toward but its still my opinion that they were hopeful for a Bones return, which was stupid to bank on.

Now the only option left seems to be Woodley vs. Covington. Woodley just fought, but he seemed open to the idea at the UFC 228 post fight presser. Since then it's been revealed he has ligament damage in his hand from bouncing it off of Till's face so many times. He said it may not be significant but we'll see.

Next option would be promoting the Co-Main Event between Nate Diaz and Dustin Poirier to the Main Event slot. Personally, I'd be down as fuck for that. That fight deserved to be five rounds from the jump. I would get why some would see that as a cop out though with no true Main Event.

What do you guys think?

From a sport perspective Diaz is unworthy of the opportunity.

But it s clear that ufc s focus is more and more on the business side of making selling fights and any of the 2 Diaz sells, so there is that.

It's a great fight, but I think they will want a title fight as a main event since it's a PPV and it's at MSG.

I don't understand how they still don't have a title fight booked. Why didn't they book TJ vs Moraes for that card?

No they don't

No it doesn't

What they hell is this obsession with belts? This is why UFC thinks it needs to have a title on the line every event and make shitty interim titles if they can't pull it off for real

Guys, I hate to break it to you, but the belt is just an object - a shiny object - but an inanimate object that adds no extra value to the fight or changes it in any way. It started back in the carnival days when they'd have wrestling events. The "belt" was just a gimmick the ringmaster came up with to help sell tickets. A gimmick, that's all it is. Wake up, smell the coffee, and move on
1200px-LSD-2D-skeletal-formula-and-3D-models.png
I was making a joke , That thats what the UFC will normally do to make a fight headline worthy

Back