Would You Be Cool With Diaz/Poirier Being Promoted to Main Event For UFC 230?

would like to see if Nate can goad Dustin into a fisticuffs brawl. remember how Nate battered Cerrone years ago with a million punches? i know Cerrone came to his senses and started kicking Nate's legs, but man Nate really pummeled him for the first round. i like the match up!

It’s slightly understandable that casuals would need a belt. But it’s fuckin staggering that people on Sherdog think that way.
I was hoping after Nicco fucking Montano becoming UFC champion that people on here would realize the modern UFC belt means fuck all, but nope.... Not even Brock 'I haven't won a fight in 8 years and just failed my steroid test ' Lesnar getting a title shot can wake up these jabronis.

It's MSG, they won't have it without a belt on the line. I'm expecting Jones to get time served and fight DC. Not that I want it to happen or I'm excited about it, but I'm realistic of how these things work.

It's MSG, they won't have it without a belt on the line. I'm expecting Jones to get time served and fight DC. Not that I want it to happen or I'm excited about it, but I'm realistic of how these things work.
If I was DC, I'd say fuck no to fighting Bones. Fight Brock in January and ride off into the sunset. Don't ruin the twilight of an awesome career with another loss.

Its not going to be Nate vs Dustin. Woodley ligament damage is mild or they'd already have a mri done. Its going to be Woodley vs Colby

No chance in hell I'm paying 60 dollars to watch 2 gatekeepers go at it.

only if it was for and interim belt

Lol I wouldn’t put it past WME to convince the winner of UFC229 headliner to get “injured”, so they can make a fake belt for UFC 230, so that there can be a “unification” bout on Superbowl weekend.

I think it's jones vs gus rematch buddeh

Woodley should get on this card. He could earn some good PPV points because its stacked. Colby would be an easy fight for him as well.

I personally wouldn't mind, but it definitely is a bad look for the company. They've promised a main event on multiple occasions publicly and already announced this as the Co-main on a very visible platform. This may seem like a small issue, but shit like this tends to snowball.

Poirier vs Diaz - 5 rounds non-title fight

-PLUS- Middleweight 8-men Tourney

Romero x Costa
Wideman x Rockhold
Souza x Branch
Brunson x Adenasy

Yoel's recovering from a broken orbital. Fights been rescheduled for January.

Last edited:
Poirier vs Diaz - 5 rounds non-title fight

-PLUS- Middleweight 8-men Tourney

Romero x Costa
Wideman x Rockhold
Souza x Branch
Brunson x Adenasy

I think with the whole Yoel situation they need another big fight. With the Romero fight on there to back it the Diaz fight would be a decent main event just because of how stacked the whole card would be. But they don't want the story leading into the card to be that we're we're expecting a sick main event and the Yoel fight and didn't get either. Give us 1 big fight to round out the card and it'll go great

I have no issue with it if they did. Diaz/Dustin, Weidman/Rockhold, Jacare/Branch, Israel/Brunson. That alone is great. That is a solid PPV. If they add a big main though? Becomes one of the best cards in a long time.

Back