Wonderboy calls out Robbie Lawler

Been more than ready to watch WB flatline Robbie for a while now. Styles make fights and WB will feast off Robbie's aggression.

Im sad the Lawler era is in its golden years. Robbie was always one of my favorites.

Also fuck off Wondergirl. Damn snoozefest afraid of a punch.

Wonderboy should go up to 185. Against most guys at 170, he's able to easily control the distance and strike from the outside with an assortment of rangy kicks, which was cool when he was actually willing to strike. But for the last few years, he's fallen into a rabbit hole of being so scared of being taken down, that he's literally stopped throwing strikes and just continues to hang on the outside way out of reach of most 170'ers. His bullshit turned the fights with Rory, Woodley 1, Woodley 2, and Till into snoozefests.

The bigger guys at 185 could bring the fight to Wonderboy and actually make him fight again, which would be really cool to see. And in a weird way, he has a claim to the 185 belt because he beat the shit out of Whittaker, absolutely dismantled him. Yoel made Whittaker turtle, but Wonderboy actually KO'ed him silly.

Stylewise, wonderboy should be a nightmare for lawler

Lawler vs Wonderboy would be a great fight to make. Not only cause I'd like to see how the match-up plays out, also because of what the division looks like right now. Woodley vs Covington will be the next championship fight unless GSP decides to jump in suddenly, which I don't see coming. Darren Till has lost and spectacularly proven that he needs more fights under his belt until he's ready to take on the welterweight champ so he should be a out of title fight range despite his ranking for a bit. RDA was on his way to a title shot and then surprisingly lost a clear decision to Colby, making him the ideal next opponent for Kamaru Usman in what would be the next #1 contender's bout at welterweight.

Now for this one - Lawler needs to prove he's still one of the welterweight top contenders after the clear losses to Woodley and RDA with only a rather weak win over an also declining Cerrone in between. Meanwhile Wonderboy needs to prove that he's worthy of another title shot after two weak but closely contested performances against Woodley and a very questionable decision loss to Darren Till. Either man's loss would take them out of the title picture for at least a year, realistically. A win on the other hand should put them just 1 fight away from another shot at the belt.

The alternative would be rematching Till vs Wonderboy and putting Lawler against Maia. I don't think the fans would be more stoked about these options and the welterweight division could absolutely use some fire again. I believe there's no fight with better chances of doing so than Lawler vs Thompson at the moment.

Would rather see my boy Capoeira get his wish of fighting Lawler.

Give Robbie a can to retire on. Give Wonderboy a mop and a bucket.

Wonderboy should go up to 185. Against most guys at 170, he's able to easily control the distance and strike from the outside with an assortment of rangy kicks, which was cool when he was actually willing to strike. But for the last few years, he's fallen into a rabbit hole of being so scared of being taken down, that he's literally stopped throwing strikes and just continues to hang on the outside way out of reach of most 170'ers. His bullshit turned the fights with Rory, Woodley 1, Woodley 2, and Till into snoozefests.

The bigger guys at 185 could bring the fight to Wonderboy and actually make him fight again, which would be really cool to see. And in a weird way, he has a claim to the 185 belt because he beat the shit out of Whittaker, absolutely dismantled him. Yoel made Whittaker turtle, but Wonderboy actually KO'ed him silly.

Fair point but I think a 185 pound Whittaker without the weight cutting plus a few more years experience would destroy Wonderboy these days. If the Reaper can survive bombs from Romero who is an absolute beast not sure Wonderboy's got anything that can hurt him.

Plus who else would Wonderboy have a shot against at 185? He'd be destroyed by Romero, Jacare, Rockhold and even Weidman. Least at 170 he's still a tough out for any fighter but if he does get a shot against Lawler I swear he better actually do something. Wasn't he talking about being more aggressive after his second snoozer of a fight with Woodley? So far he's done fuck all to back that statement up.

God you guys are fickle.

Wonderboy vs Lawler is a cool style matchup

Let's do it.

Lawler has mentally checked out from fighting at the highest levels.

Wonderboy got a lot of credit for beating 2 guys who were unmotivated and checked out when he won those fights.
Hendricks never checked back in. Rory recovered some motivation after leaving.

Would rather see Lawler Diaz 2, but this could be a good alternative if the former isn't available.

Meh

Wonderboy via an uneventful UD against the ghost of Lawler

Watching Wonderboy fighting is like watching my girlfriend sleeping.

At least you can occasionally Superman that hoe will she sleeps if you so desire, lol.

I personally like watching Wonderboy fight and I'm not enough of an asshole to do the Superman thing either so I'm just joking about that dude and mean no disrespect to your girl, I'm sure she's not actually a hoe.

Back