News Buckley thinks Wonderboy will back out against Shavkat and is ready to replace him

Mohawk Banditó

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

Joaquin Buckley ready to replace Stephen Thompson at UFC 296 because ‘Wonderboy’ will back out vs. Shavkat Rakhmanov​

Farah Hannoun
Thu, Nov 23, 2023, 6:50 PM EST
f5992872c043b984cadd53bf8c31dfc9

Joaquin Buckley has an inkling that Stephen Thompson will not show up to fight Shavkat Rakhmonov.

Thompson (17-6-1 MMA, 12-6-1 UFC) takes on Rakhmonov (17-0 MMA, 5-0 UFC) at UFC 296 on Dec. 16 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

Buckley is eyeing a December return, and is ready to step in for Thompson if he doesn’t make the fight.

“For Dec. 16, I could definitely do that – easy work,” Buckley told Middle Easy on making welterweight on short notice. “We looking at Shavkat and ‘Wonderboy’ fight. I mean no disrespect to ‘Wonderboy.’ He’s always been a tough guy and always willing to take a fight, but for some reason, it’s telling me he ain’t going to show up to that. Something tells me that ‘Wonderboy’ ain’t going to show up to that one, so let’s get ready.”

Buckley’s theory that Thompson will no show comes because “Wonderboy” publicly turned down a fight with Rakhmonov in the past.

“Fighters know fighters, man,” Buckley said. “To be honest with you, ‘Wonderboy’ for the longest time didn’t want to fight Shavkat, and I’m guessing the UFC gave him a good little bag in order to get up in there.

“Regardless, this sport is all mental, so for some reason, I’m throwing up a little lob. I don’t think ‘Wonderboy’ is going to be able to make it to that cage for whatever odd reason, so let’s get ready.”

Buckley (17-6 MMA, 7-4 UFC) has found success since dropping back down to 170 pounds, scoring back-to-back wins over Andre Fialho and Alex Morono.

---
where the fuck is the remove hyperlink option on mobile?

Buckley always furthering the image of how intelligent and respectable he is

Also, the whole time I was trying to make this thread, I kept getting a pop-up that I "didn't have permission" to whatever I was doing
Good thing "intelligence" isn't a needed criteria in this game. Or whatever you meant by that.

All I know is Buckley is good at 170 and im happy he's willing to step up if something happens.

Joaquin Buckley ready to replace Stephen Thompson at UFC 296 because ‘Wonderboy’ will back out vs. Shavkat Rakhmanov​

Farah Hannoun

Joaquin Buckley has an inkling that Stephen Thompson will not show up to fight Shavkat Rakhmonov.

Thompson (17-6-1 MMA, 12-6-1 UFC) takes on Rakhmonov (17-0 MMA, 5-0 UFC) at UFC 296 on Dec. 16 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

Buckley is eyeing a December return, and is ready to step in for Thompson if he doesn’t make the fight.

“For Dec. 16, I could definitely do that – easy work,” Buckley told Middle Easy on making welterweight on short notice. “We looking at Shavkat and ‘Wonderboy’ fight. I mean no disrespect to ‘Wonderboy.’ He’s always been a tough guy and always willing to take a fight, but for some reason, it’s telling me he ain’t going to show up to that. Something tells me that ‘Wonderboy’ ain’t going to show up to that one, so let’s get ready.”

Buckley’s theory that Thompson will no show comes because “Wonderboy” publicly turned down a fight with Rakhmonov in the past.

“Fighters know fighters, man,” Buckley said. “To be honest with you, ‘Wonderboy’ for the longest time didn’t want to fight Shavkat, and I’m guessing the UFC gave him a good little bag in order to get up in there.

“Regardless, this sport is all mental, so for some reason, I’m throwing up a little lob. I don’t think ‘Wonderboy’ is going to be able to make it to that cage for whatever odd reason, so let’s get ready.”

Buckley (17-6 MMA, 7-4 UFC) has found success since dropping back down to 170 pounds, scoring back-to-back wins over Andre Fialho and Alex Morono.

---
Doubtful Shavkat shows up 3 pounds overweight

Good thing "intelligence" isn't a needed criteria in this game. Or whatever you meant by that.

All I know is Buckley is good at 170 and im happy he's willing to step up if something happens.
I meant he's dumb as shit and guess what, he doesn't have the needed criteria either bud.

And he hasn't looked any better at WW than he has at MW, but he's only had 2 fights here so far, so we haven't got to see any of the potential inconsistency he had up there.

Also, the whole time I was trying to make this thread, I kept getting a pop-up that I "didn't have permission" to whatever I was doing

I got that pop up too when I was making my Thanksgiving thread sir.

Buckley being Buckley...never liked that kid.

I meant he's dumb as shit and guess what, he doesn't have the needed criteria either bud.

And he hasn't looked any better at WW than he has at MW, but he's only had 2 fights, so we haven't got to see any of the potential inconsistency he had there.
Floyd Mayweather is dumb as shit too. Good thing they have fighting in their lives then.

Hell, a large percentage of fighters are dumb as shit. Rich Franklin is intelligent. What's your damn point?

And Buckley is clearly improving at WW. If you fail to see this then maybe question your own intelligence.

Floyd Mayweather is dumb as shit too. Good thing they have fighting in their lives then.

Hell, a large percentage of fighters are dumb as shit. Rich Franklin is intelligent. What's your damn point?

And Buckley is clearly improving at WW. If you fail to see this then maybe question your own intelligence.

Sup brother hows it going on your end?

Long time no see brother

Doing alright, been inactive because of work but im back baby

Everything alright with you?

Yeah it's been awhile man.

Everything is going good, other than this friggin "upgrade" on here lol.
Thanksgiving was pretty good which is nice, and Im catching up on some renovations on the house.

Overall been moving in the right direction.

What are you doing for work sir?

Nah this is a win win situation for Wonderboy, if he wins then he can get a one last title fight and if he loses people will not be surprised

I can't remember Wonderboy ever backing out unless you count him refusing to fight Pereira after Pereira missed weight big time. Dude is as professional as it comes and will show up. Him not wanting to fight another grappler that was well behind him in the rankings and would not do much for him at that point does not mean he will pull out... Terrible take.

Farah Hannoun

---
Sherdog on mobile right now is a trip.. A bad one.

I spent about 3 hours last night figuring out how to post gifs by just pasting them. Don’t have to click any of the icons at the top at all. It took trying out several different free tools online. But I have it down cold now. It’s never been easier.

But other than that a lot is still fucked up on mobile. The site is supposed to shut down again this coming Monday, I believe. I hope they can actually fix these mobile issues I’ve been having.

Even dumb people can be right sometimes. This is one of those fights that seem to good to be true. I wouldn't be surprised to see one of em pull out

Buckley was also trying to get a red panty night with Conor recently on twitter and everyone was responding with the "who tha fook is that guy?" GIF lol.

I’m still trying to figure out how fighting Shavkat was a better idea than fighting 3 pounds over Michel? He would have gotten a percentage of Michel’s purse. And he’s an easier fight than Shavkat.

It makes no sense to me at all.

Back