News Buckley thinks Wonderboy will back out against Shavkat and is ready to replace him

I hope he doesn’t back out

I’m buying this card just to see him get kod

I don’t know how wonderboy has fans

He is such an insufferable wanka

I favor Shavkat but Wonderboy winning is not out of the question. Shavkat is more well-rounded but isn't wrestling heavy, which is Wonderboy's true weakness. Wonderboy is the better striker and Shavkat is hittable. It's interesting.

If he does win this and then gets a title shot, I also wouldn't count Wonderboy out against Edwards. Stylistically, he would have a real chance. Wonderboy as champ in 2024 would be a crazy turn of events.

I like Buckley as the archetypal explosive athlete, but he’s pretty far down the trough at WW. I doubt a ranked guy would fight him, let alone on short notice. Buckey is still quite dangerous.

I meant he's dumb as shit and guess what, he doesn't have the needed criteria either bud.

And he hasn't looked any better at WW than he has at MW, but he's only had 2 fights here so far, so we haven't got to see any of the potential inconsistency he had up there.

I have to respectfully disagree with you here, Morono is a decent fighter who had been putting together a nice streak (albeit marred with his ko loss to ponzi) until getting beaten from pillar to post by Buckley. Andre Fialho is clearly shot and/or too one-dimensional to really hang with the stronger WWs, so we can agree that fight is a trivial one for now.

Buckley always furthering the image of how intelligent and respectable he is

Also, the whole time I was trying to make this thread, I kept getting a pop-up that I "didn't have permission" to whatever I was doing

So, I actually think Buckley is a rather cunning dude when it comes to self-promotion, and I think there's another dimension to this that isn't being discussed in this thread at all.

While Buckley has offered prima facie to step in if Wonderboy does pull out, this also serves another key purpose; by playfully emasculating Wonderboy, it starts getting the ball rolling for selling a potential fight with Wonderboy.

This is fight is attractive for several reasons, to both parties, if Wonderboy loses:

1) Buckley can point to his reputation as an action fighter. No lame grappling here for fans foaming at the mouth for just-bleed stand-and-bangathons. Thompson has also publicly asserted the wish to avoid grapplers.

2)This marketing device was already used by Kevin Holland, and it's well known Buckley follows Holland closely. He might even claim to succeed where Holland failed, and then angle for the Holland fight afterwards if it goes well.

3) Buckley is both chinny and potentially hittable, enticing WB. Starching fan-friendly Buckley with zany karate is good for business.

4) Buckley has some grappling in his back pocket, and unlike Holland, is probably not above grappling to secure victory even after promising a war. We saw this in the Al-Hassan fight.

So, In conclusion, while Buckley may not be storming MIT's theoretical physics department anytime soon with a grand unified theory, I do think he's promotionally savvy enough to realize many of these, and frankly, they're good selling points.

Wonderbread has become stale, and Shavkat will turn him into breadcrumbs for punishment turning down Dana Blue

Also, the whole time I was trying to make this thread, I kept getting a pop-up that I "didn't have permission" to whatever I was doing

When applying Thread Tags like News, Media, etc that pops up. You can just ignore it but yea. I reported that one on Day 1 when trying to make a PBP.

We will get there.

I’m still sitting back thinking about a potential WB KO or UD

Shavkat is the truth, don’t get me wrong, but he showed a few holes in his striking last fight. Shavkat should take this to the ground, but if it stays standing this is no blowout win.

When applying Thread Tags like News, Media, etc that pops up. You can just ignore it but yea. I reported that one on Day 1 when trying to make a PBP.

We will get there.
I decided to ignore it, but I did feel a few times like the thread wasn't going to post because of it. Wonder how many people abandoned their thread ideas thinking something was wrong

Yeah it's been awhile man.

Everything is going good, other than this friggin "upgrade" on here lol.
Thanksgiving was pretty good which is nice, and Im catching up on some renovations on the house.

Overall been moving in the right direction.

What are you doing for work sir?
Yeah brother im having a real hard time dealing with this new sherdog shit too. Angry as fuck at the mods/adminis who don't even seem to give a fuck.

I do work in the swedish crime system brother. Im a translator durin interrogations,trials and such. I speak french so my work mostly consists of translating for french speaking thugs in sweden.

Good to hear thanksgiving was nice. It really doesn't exist in Europe but I love the formula. Maybe next year i travel to you and we have a fine ass thanksgiving!

Just keep pushing in the right direction bro

Good thing "intelligence" isn't a needed criteria in this game. Or whatever you meant by that.

All I know is Buckley is good at 170 and im happy he's willing to step up if something happens.
If intelligence wasn't a criteria Jon Jones wouldn't be a contender got GOAT.

Yeah brother im having a real hard time dealing with this new sherdog shit too. Angry as fuck at the mods/adminis who don't even seem to give a fuck.

I do work in the swedish crime system brother. Im a translator durin interrogations,trials and such. I speak french so my work mostly consists of translating for french speaking thugs in sweden.

Good to hear thanksgiving was nice. It really doesn't exist in Europe but I love the formula. Maybe next year i travel to you and we have a fine ass thanksgiving!

Just keep pushing in the right direction bro

You're welcome here brother, no matter where I go Id happily take you with me ;)

I expect it too. It's not talked about enough here how guys get injuries against good opponents all the time. Maybe they just use it to take the fight and lose it knowing it's not happening.

Always a possibility. And I think he'd make it interesting if it did happen.

Back