Women's 145 Is A Bigger Joke Than We Thought

Coenen was the real pillar of the 145 lbs weight class.
Definitely, crazy that some casuals still think Gina was the "unanimous best in the world" before fighting Borg with her 7 total fights compared to the true veteran Coenen.

Are you sure this is @Coolidge ?

Here, I'll post it again just in case you forgot what she looks like.

coolidge-jpg.261931
Damn you @Coolidge I cannot unsee your picture now. I demand you make this hideous likeness disappear, never to return.

coolidge-jpg.261931

Damn you @Coolidge I cannot unsee your picture now. I demand you make this hideous likeness disappear, never to return.

More deflection. You're proving my point with each and every off topic spam post you make. Your intellectual dishonesty won't allow you to accept the fact that the 145 division is awful.

Last edited:
Definitely, crazy that some casuals still think Gina was the "unanimous best in the world" before fighting Borg with her 7 total fights compared to the true veteran Coenen.

What's even crazier is the fact that Cyborg fanboys actually have the audacity to use the Gina Carano fight as an example of one of her amazing wins.

You just proved my point yet again. More deflection. Your intellectual dishonesty won't allow you to accept the fact that the 145 division is awful.
Lol, that's fine, if you think 145 is awful, then all wmma is awful except for a handful of fighters at the top. The topic is pointless and can be summed up in a sentence and a half.

Lol, that's fine, if you think 145 is awful, then all wmma is awful except for a handful of fighters at the top. The topic is pointless and can be summed up in a sentence and a half.

Except that's not true. Both Strawweight and Bantamweight have more depth and credibility than the Featherweight division. Everyone knows that.

This is the Top 15 for Women's 145 (global), according to this list:

#1 Cyborg Justino - 18 wins and 1 loss
#2 Julia Budd - 10 wins and 2 losses
#3 Megan Anderson - 7 wins and 2 losses
#4 Germanine de Randamie - 7 wins and 3 losses
#5 Charmaine Tweet - 9 wins and 6 losses
#6 Alexis Dufresne - 6 wins and 3 losses
#7 Amanda Bell - 5 wins and 4 losses
#8 Gabrielle Holloway - 6 wins and 5 losses

#9 Latoya Walker - 5 wins and 1 loss
#10 Marloes Coenen - 23 wins and 8 losses
#11 Amber Leibrock - 2 wins and 1 loss
#12 Leah Letos - 4 wins and 1 loss
#13 Daria Ibragimova - 9 wins and 2 losses
#14 Ediane Gomes - 11 wins and 4 loss

the stupidest thing about those rankings is that Ediane Gomes should be ranked top 5 :D

Except that's not true. Both Strawweight and Bantamweight have more depth and credibility than the Featherweight division. Everyone knows that.
By about half an inch. Nothing to get excited about. 145 would probably beat 135 in a top 10 h2h matchup anyway. You're way overselling 135 and 115. If 145 is crap, then it's all crap.

145 would probably beat 135 in a top 10 h2h matchup anyway.
I extremely doubt that.

Budd who is number 2 was smoked by Nunes and Ronda.
Dufresne who is top 5 without including GDR for 145 (since she's not fighting there anymore) was dominated by Reneau and lost a decision to Moras (neither is even top 10)
GDR doesn't even fight at 145 anymore...
Anderson was finished by Dandois who is not top 10 BW.
Tweet is 40 years old with no impressive wins.
Holloway and Bell are basically just fattened up BWs with terrible records, heck Holloway is 5'3 could probably fight at FLW!
Amber Leibrock 2-1...
Daria no wins over opponents with a winning record when they fought (and only 1 or 2 who have gone on to have a winning record).
Gomes was finished by Ronda and Nunes and lost at BW to Evinger and Raquel Pa'aluhi (not top 15).

B-but they're bigger... even though some of them are more like chubby BWs who don't want to diet/cut or have actually fought at BW... lol

Last edited:
By about half an inch. Nothing to get excited about. 145 would probably beat 135 in a top 10 h2h matchup anyway. You're way overselling 135 and 115. If 145 is crap, then it's all crap.

That's hilarious. If the top 10 consisted of Cyborg, Julia Budd, Cyborg, Julia Budd, Cyborg, Julia Budd, Cyborg, Julia Budd, Cyborg, and Julia Budd, you mighty actually have an argument.

#1 Amanda Nunes - 14 wins and 4 losses

#2 Valentina Shevchenko - 14 wins and 2 losses

#3 Holly Holm - 11 wins and 3 losses

#4 Julianna Pena - 8 wins and 3 losses

#5 Ronda Rousey - 12 wins and 2 losses

#6 Raquel Pennington - 9 wins and 5 losses

#7 Sara McMann - 11 wins and 3 losses

#8 Cat Zingano - 9 wins and 2 losses

#9 Germaine de Randamie - 7 wins and 3 losses

#10 Liz Carmouche - 11 wins and 5 losses

More experience. Better win/loss ratio. Better opponents. Not a half an inch. A mile.

I extremely doubt that.

Budd who is number 2 was smoked by Nunes and Ronda.
Dufresne who is top 5 without including GDR for 145 (since she's not fighting there anymore) was dominated by Reneau and lost a decision to Moras (either is even top 10)
GDR doesn't even fight at 145 anymore...
Anderson was finished by Dandois who is not top 10 BW.
Tweet is 40 years old with no impressive wins.
Holloway and Bell are basically just fattened up BWs with terrible records, heck Holloway is 5'3 could probably fight at FLW!
Amber Leibrock 2-1...
Daria no wins over opponents with a winning record when they fought (and only 1 or 2 who have gone on to have a winning record).
Gomes was finished by Ronda and Nunes and lost at BW to Evinger and Raquel Pa'aluhi (not top 15).

B-but they're bigger... even though some of them are more like chubby BWs who don't want to diet/cut or have actually fought at BW... lol
You're going to have to leave Holm and GDR out because we don't know what they are.

You're going to have to leave Holm and GDR out because we don't know what they are.
GDR is already scheduled to fight Reneau which I assume will be at BW, Holly is a tweener at the moment I suppose.

That's hilarious. If the top 10 consisted of Cyborg, Julia Budd, Cyborg, Julia Budd, Cyborg, Julia Budd, Cyborg, Julia Budd, Cyborg, and Julia Budd, you mighty actually have an argument.

#1 Amanda Nunes - 14 wins and 4 losses

#2 Valentina Shevchenko - 14 wins and 2 losses

#3 Holly Holm - 11 wins and 3 losses

#4 Julianna Pena - 8 wins and 3 losses

#5 Ronda Rousey - 12 wins and 2 losses

#6 Raquel Pennington - 9 wins and 5 losses

#7 Sara McMann - 11 wins and 3 losses

#8 Cat Zingano - 9 wins and 2 losses

#9 Germaine de Randamie - 7 wins and 3 losses

#10 Liz Carmouche - 11 wins and 5 losses

More experience. Better win/loss ratio. Better opponents. Not a half an inch. A mile.
Holly, apparently is 145 now. Why is Ronda on that list?

We know Holm just KO'd 135 Bethe Correia and GDR relinquished the 145 belt and said she wants to go back to 135.

This is the Top 15 for Women's 145 (global), according to this list:

#1 Cyborg Justino - 18 wins and 1 loss
#2 Julia Budd - 10 wins and 2 losses
#3 Megan Anderson - 7 wins and 2 losses
#4 Germanine de Randamie - 7 wins and 3 losses
#5 Charmaine Tweet - 9 wins and 6 losses
#6 Alexis Dufresne - 6 wins and 3 losses
#7 Amanda Bell - 5 wins and 4 losses
#8 Gabrielle Holloway - 6 wins and 5 losses

#9 Latoya Walker - 5 wins and 1 loss
#10 Marloes Coenen - 23 wins and 8 losses
#11 Amber Leibrock - 2 wins and 1 loss
#12 Leah Letos - 4 wins and 1 loss
#13 Daria Ibragimova - 9 wins and 2 losses
#14 Ediane Gomes - 11 wins and 4 losses
#15 Felicia Spencer - 3 wins and 0 losses

12 of them have under 10 wins. 7 of them have bad win/loss ratios. Almost all of them are green. The wins they do have are against manure-tier opponents.

For instance, here are the last five opponents that Charmaine Tweet has beaten:

Latoya Walker - 5 wins and 1 loss
Anna Barone - 2 wins and 5 losses
Veronica Rothenhausler - 1 win and 1 loss
Jessica Miele - 5 wins and 3 losses
Anna Barone - 2 wins and 5 losses

yes 145 is thin, but so is 135.

Plus is anyone really doubting that Cyborg would beat 100% of 135ers and 115ers?

If not, she's still the best p4p female fighter in the world

We know Holm just KO'd 135 Bethe Correia and GDR relinquished the 145 belt and said she wants to go back to 135.
And if Holm fights Cyborg, 2 of her last three will be at 145. GDR was just the 145 champ and hasn't fought again.

Who beats her? Nunes is probably her toughest fight but I'd still pick Cyborg 9/10 times

I think she ragdolls JJ
She's beaten 1 fighter comparable to a top 5 BW in her career, no reason to extrapolate from that she could beat all of them with their different styles. I haven't seen her TDD against an elite WMMA wrestler in particular, but then we haven't seen her against an elite striker either. I would give Nunes, Holly, Zingano, Tate pre-retirement, and McMann all a decent chance at least. Ronda is a tough call...

Of course she destroys JJ, that's a 3 weight class difference lol. Almost any top 10 BW should handle JJ based on size really, if Cyborg couldn't it would be embarrassing.

Back