Women's 145 Is A Bigger Joke Than We Thought

I call Mighty Mouse the GOAT and people give me grief (maybe rightfully), but it's perfectly fine to call Cyborg the GOAT, even though she's fought literally no one. It's not like there aren't better options to choose from for women. I hate Ronda Rousey as much as the next guy, but her resume is far superior to Cyborg's -- and if you're going to give that title to anyone, it's either her or Megumi.

It's amazing how Cyborg dick riders have no problem with a roided up female beating up much smaller women and then call her the G.O.A.T.

What's their defence? "Stop being a hater and insulting her."

That's all they can say. They're fucked in the head.

Most guys here would probably get their shit kicked in by Wayne Weems, Teruto Ishihara or even Chris Avila, doesn't mean that they're good.

Just because a pro fighter would most likely beat us up doesn't mean that we can't call them what they are - which is indeed cans or green fighters in this instance.

While all the other female divisions improved with time, FW only regressed. It's a sad excuse of a division.

Bingo.

If an arguments boils down to 'well, they'd still kick your ass', then you know there's no meat there.

Imagine applying that 'logic' to politics or acting. Well, so and so could still out act you. Okay?

NEVER FORGET

coolidge-jpg.261931

Who is this thing anyway?
I think it's @Coolidge.

It's amazing how Cyborg dick riders have no problem with a roided up female beating up much smaller women and then call her the G.O.A.T.

What's their defence? "Stop being a hater and insulting her."

That's all they can say. They're fucked in the head.

Pretty much. She uses steroids. She tried to cheat the weigh-in scale (x2). She assaulted a 115 pound woman. She has almost no quality wins, save one or two (being generous now). I mean, Leslie Smith is probably the second best win on her resume. There are no redeeming qualities to emphasize. Those are just facts about her character and professional resume. I haven't even addressed the more superficial petty stuff.

It is friggin' tragic that there is no one Cyborg's size for her to fight. I don't even like her or WMMA much but I wish the UFC had even 10 solid fighters her size so she could fight someone who wasn't 1) 20 lbs lighter than her in lean mass on fight night and 2) grossly unqualified to be in the UFC in the first place.

It is pretty bad, but it's new. Here are the 1998 UFC LW rankings, for perspective...

Lightweight
  1. Pat Miletich (19-2-2, 3-0)
  2. Mikey Burnett (4-2, 1-1)
  3. Chris Brennan (5-2-1, 1-1)
  4. Eugenio Tadeu (2-2, 0-1)
  5. LaVerne Clark (2-2, 1-0)
  6. Townsend Saunders (0-1, 0-1)
  7. Courtney Turner (0-3, 0-1)
  8. Josh Stuart (0-1, 0-1)
http://rankingmma.com/top-10-ufc-rankings-1998/
It's not new. He wasn't analyzing the UFC FW division, which is new. He's looking at all FW's worldwide and worldwide there have been active featherweight divisions for some time now. Cyborg vs Carano was a high profile fight at FW in 2009, when both fighters had gained some notoriety after years of fighting at FW.

If you want to look at just the new UFC division, it is much worse than what is posted in the OP. There are literally only 3 fighters in the division, one of whom is currently unavailable to fight.

It sin't true that there is no talent at 145 though. Cyborg is clearly talented. I think it is likely she is overrated due to very low level of competition, even compared to other WMMA divisions. But it is obviously she is a talented fighter.

Most guys here would probably get their shit kicked in by Wayne Weems, Teruto Ishihara or even Chris Avila, doesn't mean that they're good.

Just because a pro fighter would most likely beat us up doesn't mean that we can't call them what they are - which is indeed cans or green fighters in this instance.

While all the other female divisions improved with time, FW only regressed. It's a sad excuse of a division.
Those are men. These are 145 pound women. I have no doubt that some sherbros, without even training, could at the very least defend themselves from them. I don't believe this guy could though. He's a single-minded effete whiner, bitcher, and complainer when it comes to Cyborg and 145 and he has a shemale fan club. I don't see him doing well against any of them. Which makes the fact that a 'man' spends all his free time trying to trash women who could kick his ass both sad and amusing.

Those are men. These are 145 pound women. I have no doubt that some sherbros, without even training, could at the very least defend themselves from them. I don't believe this guy could though. He's a single-minded effete whiner, bitcher, and complainer when it comes to Cyborg and 145 and he has a shemale fan club. I don't see him doing well against any of them. Which makes the fact that a 'man' spends all his free time trying to trash women who could kick his ass both sad and amusing.

You're doubling down on stupid. Whether I can beat them or not doesn't make any difference. They are incredibly poor pro fighters with incredibly poor records in an incredibly poor division. You fantasizing about what these glorified Toughman contestants can do to someone on Sherdog isn't going to change the fact.

Maybe he is just a massive Tate/Rousey fanboy trying to white knight them by criticizing a perceived rival in the WMMA resume/credibility rankings.

Oh wait... :D

It sin't true that there is no talent at 145 though. Cyborg is clearly talented. I think it is likely she is overrated due to very low level of competition, even compared to other WMMA divisions. But it is obviously she is a talented fighter.

I see mostly brute strength. What I've seen out of Cyborg doesn't warrant the label 'talented'. Jorina Baars had talent. Cyborg plodded forward like some sort of barbarian brute and tried to slug it out, just like she does in MMA. It tends to work for her in MMA because she cherrypicks weak and un-atheletic opponents that have an even bigger talent deficit. Evinger had a muffin top for goodness sakes. Where is the Holly Holm caliber fighter on her resume? It doesn't exist.

I see mostly brute strength. What I've seen out of Cyborg doesn't warrant the label 'talented'. Jorina Baars had talent. Cyborg plodded forward like some sort of barbarian brute and tried to slug it out, just like she does in MMA. It tends to work for her in MMA because she cherrypicks opponents that have smaller frames and even less talent. Evinger had a muffin top for goodness sakes. Where is the Holly Holm caliber fighter on her resume? It doesn't exist.
As a fellow Cyborg hater Coenen is pretty good, she has wins over Kaufman and Carmouche which are comparable wins to those of other top BWs.

She's the only one and arguably a good matchup for Cyborg though as she's best as a grappler, but lacks strong wrestling to take it to the ground.

As a fellow Cyborg hater Coenen is pretty good, she has wins over Kaufman and Carmouche which are comparable wins to those of other top BWs.

She's the only one and arguably a good matchup for Cyborg though as she's best as a grappler, but lacks strong wrestling to take it to the ground.

Grappling wise she's phenomenal, but she's definitely no Holly Holm in the striking department. I want to see Cyborg against an elite striker in WMMA. Elite is relative, of course. There really are no elite female strikers in MMA.

Maybe he is just a massive Tate/Rousey fanboy trying to white knight them by criticizing a perceived rival in the WMMA resume/credibility rankings.

Oh wait... :D
If that's the case then he's like the Japanese soldier in the jungle in 1970 who didn't know the war was over. That ship sailed a while ago. But since you are cleverly referencing yourself as well, I will say that while you may be delusional about your fantasy rankings, at least it's honest delusion. This guy...c'mon. He's worthless. Adds zero, knows nothing about the sport, just tries to tear people down with rhetoric. You remember that guy who made thread after thread after thread bashing Ronda Rousey? I bet you didn't find him to be all that productive. He's the same guy, he just has a thing against Cyborg instead. Same deal. I don't know why anyone with any knowledge or respect for MMA would engage with this fuck.

Gina ruled and was hot but she was more marketing and hype than anyone. And she also fought 125-135ers. Even worse most of her fights her dad & EliteX/C/strikeforce schedule many months in advance as she prepared and nearly every time by "coincidence" the much smaller opponent would be signed to take the fight on much, much shorter notice.

145 was always a pathetic joke. Sadly it's like 10x better than it used to be yet still at the pathetic joke level.
Wow. I knew about Gina's record of crushing lighter opponents, but I didn't knew about the short notice thing.

Coenen was the real pillar of the 145 lbs weight class.

Last edited:
Back