Women's 145 Is A Bigger Joke Than We Thought

Women's 145 is exactly as big a joke as I thought, and I love WMMA.

And who has? JJ? Nunes? What makes their opponents better? The UFC's self-inflated rankings?

You have eyes, don't you? Look at the level of technique possessed by Claudia Gadelha and compare it to Tonya Evinger.

And who has? JJ? Nunes? What makes their opponents better? The UFC's self-inflated rankings?

The bottom line is WMMA is thin at every division but all things being equal, Cyborg has looked more dominant than anyone else

Hard not to look dominant when over 2/3 of your resume is against smaller fighters, and 1/3 of it from women who have fought 2 weight classes down. Of the six women Cyborg has fought that have not fought lighter than 145, three have zero wins.

This would be the equivalent of Stipe's record being filled with LHW and MW wins, and only three wins against fighters with winning records in his own weight class.

Wow. I knew about Gina's record of crushing lighter opponents, but I didn't knew about the short notice thing.

Coenen was the real pillar of the 145 lbs weight class.

Don't believe what he's saying. He's talking complete nonsense, which can be disproven with some basic internet searching.

Gina's fight with Kelly Kobold was on the 4th of October. Here is an article from MMAFighting announcing the fight written on the 4th of August, eight and a half weeks before the fight.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2008/08...ly-kobold-gavin-fight-shows-elitexc-is-lookin

Even if Kelly Kobold and her camp didn't know about the fight until the MMA media announced it (which is extremely unlikely) she would have had eight and a half weeks to prepare for her fight with Gina. That is not short notice.

Gina's fight with Kaitlin Young was on the 31st of May. Here is an article announcing the fight on the 27th of March, nine weeks before the fight.

http://mmajunkie.com/2008/03/gina-carano-vs-kaitlin-young-at-may-31-elitexc-cbs

Even if Kaitlin Young didn't know about the fight until it was announced by the MMA media (again, extremely unlikely) she would have nine weeks to prepare. Nine weeks is not short notice.

As for Gina's fight with Julie Kedzie. I don't know if Julie had a full camp for that fight but I doubt Gina did. Why? That fight was on the 10th of February on 2007. Gina had a previous fight with Elaina Maxwell on the 8th of December 2006, about eight and a half weeks ago. Gina would have had to start training for Julie the very next day in order to have a full camp (very unlikely as this would have meant no recovery period).

Back