Woman arrested for saving pets from hurricane without a permit

How do you know the guy selling roasted corn was "some illegal"? Did you ask to see his immigration papers or something? And how do you know the jay walker was an American citizen? Maybe they were an illegal from Canada or Germany?

Street%20vendor.jpg

DSC02349.jpg

streetVending2.jpg

streetVending1.jpg

IllegalStreetVendorsEverywhere-lat.png

RTR4C6M1.jpg

My point is simple. Los Angeles turns a blind eye to illegals selling food in an illegal fashion on the streets. Everyone knows this.

Believe me. The city would not tolerate white people cooking food in shopping carts with no place to wash your hands and without any permits. They would shut down a white guy trying this shit instantly.

The double standards are absurd, just as it is insane to arrest a woman trying to save animals in peril.

I understand all that, but you were contending that the street corn vendor was "some illegal", in a post meant to prove that illegals get away with more stuff than citizens (the jay walker).

My question is, how do you know the street vendor was an illegal immigrant, and the jay walker was an American citizen? The color of their skin?

Oh give it a fucking rest.

That's one indicator, yes. The positive predictive value is pretty high that they're a citizen if they're white.

But is the inverse true?

That the positive predictive value is pretty high that if someone has brown skin, they are illegal?

Most likely a judge will dismiss this. They tend to be a lot more open minded with stuff like this instead of just following the letter of the law. This actually reminds me of that guy who was on Rogans podcast recently he was a libertarian was talking about how permits and stuff like that need to be taken away for menial jobs like dog walking and shit like that. Not sure this would apply because I think the issue was administering medicine?

Street%20vendor.jpg

DSC02349.jpg

streetVending2.jpg

streetVending1.jpg

IllegalStreetVendorsEverywhere-lat.png

RTR4C6M1.jpg

My point is simple. Los Angeles turns a blind eye to illegals selling food in an illegal fashion on the streets. Everyone knows this.

Believe me. The city would not tolerate white people cooking food in shopping carts with no place to wash your hands and without any permits. They would shut down a white guy trying this shit instantly.

The double standards are absurd, just as it is insane to arrest a woman trying to save animals in peril.

But how do you know they are illegals?

Regardless, this isn't really the point of why I responded to you. Whether or not these people are illegals, I still contend that white people don't get away with this kind of stuff because other white people have their noses up in everyone else's business. Not because the police have some sort of bias to give "illegals" a free pass - more than likely you perceive a double standard because a food cart on Rodeo Dr. is going to generate tons of complaints, and the police are forced to do something about it.

Agreed TS.

Gov't do not have to pursue every law and statute as an absolute and in cases like this discretion should be warranted or 'abuse of power' should be looked into. In cases like this where the owner has surrendered care and control and the State has not stepped in and assumed it she should not be punished for stepping in.

I hope she fights it (or better yet the ACLU does for her) as I think they would win the case based on the surrendering of care and control argument.

But is the inverse true?

That the positive predictive value is pretty high that if someone has brown skin, they are illegal?

Well certainly a high sensitivity at least if a low specificity.

I'm pretty sure few people make the conscious decision to leave Sparky behind, and those that do likely don't do it out of malice. I'm thinking pets get lost in the commotion a lot of times.
Lost in the commotion?? I’m guessing you’ve never been a pet owner. At least I’m hoping you’ve never been one.

Lost in the commotion?? I’m guessing you’ve never been a pet owner. At least I’m hoping you’ve never been one.

That doesn't make a lot of sense. Just because I note that people lose their pets in catastrophes doesn't mean that I am in any way an incompetent pet owner. The truth is that many people do lose pets during these disasters, and not every one of them is irresponsible or malicious. Of course some people are trash, I'm not denying these people exist.

White people have a knack for making everything 50x more complicated than it needs to be. Like they were bred to do it.

I am wondering why people would leave their pets behind like this?
I mean this wasn't a bush fire or anything that can unfold in minutes and you have to get your ass out.
Plenty of time to plan to take your pets with you.
The news reports I read said that people contacted this woman and asked her if she could house the pets as they couldn't take them with them. One case was of an elderly couple who dropped off their 18 cats.

"She opened the unregistered space for evacuating owners to drop off their pets, aiming to provide a safe, dry home for them to wait out the storm."

http://fortune.com/2018/09/24/animal-rescue-arrest-hurricane-florence/

That's been explicitly documented by the drafters of the Constitution...They had no intent on making anyone but free white men citizens... but hey, I'm up for correction on the history if you have some different information?

In any event, it still wouldn't change the track record for multicultural societies, or frankly change the observation of the problems we're having now.

That's been explicitly documented by the drafters of the Constitution...They had no intent on making anyone but free white men citizens... but hey, I'm up for correction on the history if you have some different information?

In any event, it still wouldn't change the track record for multicultural societies, or frankly change the observation of the problems we're having now.
So what's you solution? Do you think we should return to restricting citizenship to free white men?

So what's you solution? Do you think we should return to restricting citizenship to free white men?

Yeah, that question is the tough one to be honest. The only peaceful way forward at this point seems to be completely respecting freedom of association, and dividing up into different governances. Put bluntly, "we" don't go forward as "we". In-group preference is as natural as anything else. It just so happens caucasians are the only ones that don't recognize it, by virtue of their tendency for pathological altruism.

This reminds me of people who try to bust kids for having a lemonade stand. Cunts.

What bothers me the most is how laws are not applied evenly in Los Angeles. The city will bring the hammer of god down on law abiding tax payers over the most mundane bullshit, but will let illegal aliens do whatever they want with ZERO consequence.

I know someone who owns a legal and certified food truck. The law and inspectors are up his ass as far as they can be. But illegals are free to sell their roasted corn and chopped fruits without any permits. Why?

If you buy an expensive dish washer that doesn't need an air gap opening to your sink? Well the city will make you drill a hole in your granite and install an air gap thing anyway. It doesn't matter if you provide them with the literature from the manufacturer that explains that the dishwasher doesn't need the air gap. They wont let you live in your home and give you an approval on your final inspection unless you destroy your countertops for something that IS NOT NEEDED for nice dishwashers.

But they pass laws to protect illegal aliens and make sure to not follow federal law. It is weird.
Or allow motherfuckers to loiter in front of liquor stores, agressivley harass you for a dollar, let dudes at parks let their large mastiff run free without a leash, bust a dude for going 5 over speed limit meanwhile a dude going 120 drives by you whle the officer has you pulled over, allow ghetto mother fuckers to have a drunken party at the local park, police allow fools to openly sell drugs in hood, etc.......its all a bunch of bs. System fucking sucks.

Thoughts.

Should-not-prosecute.

A simple public warning would have been good enough.

Back