Woman arrested for saving pets from hurricane without a permit

I am wondering why people would leave their pets behind like this?
I mean this wasn't a bush fire or anything that can unfold in minutes and you have to get your ass out.
Plenty of time to plan to take your pets with you.
Seriously? Places flood incredibly quickly from storm surges, broken dams, blocked drain ways, low areas collecting water from surrounding high areas. How would any people die or get stranded if it was as drawn out as you think?

She's a menace.

DnyO-ibX0AE0H9X.jpg

What bothers me the most is how laws are not applied evenly in Los Angeles. The city will bring the hammer of god down on law abiding tax payers over the most mundane bullshit, but will let illegal aliens do whatever they want with ZERO consequence.

That's because everyone who lives in the suburbs conducts themselves like 80yo busybodies who call the authorities/city/whatever at any perceived infraction of laws/permits/ordinances/etc.

In lower income neighborhoods, people mind their own business more. Nobody's going to call the cops because you are blasting music and have some friends over for some beers. Nobody is going to call the city because your uncle is living in a storage shed in your backyard. But try that stuff in the 'burbs. You'd have neighbors with their drones trying to catch video footage so they can run to the cops.

hqdefault.jpg

Seriously? Places flood incredibly quickly from storm surges, broken dams, blocked drain ways, low areas collecting water from surrounding high areas. How would any people die or get stranded if it was as drawn out as you think?

{<huh}

They had like 5 days warning. When was the last time anyone got surprised by a hurricane?

That's because everyone who lives in the suburbs conducts themselves like 80yo busybodies who call the authorities/city/whatever at any perceived infraction of laws/permits/ordinances/etc.

In lower income neighborhoods, people mind their own business more. Nobody's going to call the cops because you are blasting music and have some friends over for some beers. Nobody is going to call the city because your uncle is living in a storage shed in your backyard. But try that stuff in the 'burbs. You'd have neighbors with their drones trying to catch video footage so they can run to the cops.

hqdefault.jpg

But I've seen people get nailed by police for "jay walking" when the don't walk sign wasn't even up. I've literally seen someone cross the street in a sidewalk during the blinking phase and hustle across the street before the red hand came up, but they got a ticket. Total bullshit ticket.

And down the street a block away some illegal was selling roasted corn slathered in potentially life ending warm mayo without a permit. There seem to be different rules for illegal and tax payers.

*flash bang* FISH AND WILDLIFE!! GET ON THE GROUND!

tenor.gif

The state is a parasite that should not be tolerated.

But I've seen people get nailed by police for "jay walking" when the don't walk sign wasn't even up. I've literally seen someone cross the street in a sidewalk during the blinking phase and hustle across the street before the red hand came up, but they got a ticket. Total bullshit ticket.

And down the street a block away some illegal was selling roasted corn slathered in potentially life ending warm mayo without a permit. There seem to be different rules for illegal and tax payers.

How do you know the guy selling roasted corn was "some illegal"? Did you ask to see his immigration papers or something? And how do you know the jay walker was an American citizen? Maybe they were an illegal from Canada or Germany?

How do you know the guy selling roasted corn was "some illegal"? Did you ask to see his immigration papers or something? And how do you know the jay walker was an American citizen? Maybe they were an illegal from Canada or Germany?

To sell food in Los Angeles you have to have permits. You have to display your food health rating grade.

NEWS_151009945_AR_0_BOLYIAXQOFUN.jpg

Any food truck or restaurant or hot dog stand has to display their information.

Senor corn seller had no such thing on display.

If ever I would support a GoFundMe it would be for this lady. Let's make her rich enough to put the lawmakers and police that arrested her out on the streets.

I'm getting what both you and @snakedafunky are saying. I suppose it comes down to a value judgment people have for their pets. Personally, my little pup is the first thing I would make sure to have in a flood like this, and God help the person that would kill him. I'd murder that mother fucker and everyone he ever loved.

{<huh}

They had like 5 days warning. When was the last time anyone got surprised by a hurricane?

Flooding can be exceptionally quick. There are places in Myrtle beach for example that were at risk of a flood warning that would have swallowed up houses within hours only a couple days ago.

You cant call a flood quick when you were warned about it two weeks in advance. Sorry but I ain't buying it.

If ever I would support a GoFundMe it would be for this lady. Let's make her rich enough to put the lawmakers and police that arrested her out on the streets.
I'm with you on this one.

To sell food in Los Angeles you have to have permits. You have to display your food health rating grade.

NEWS_151009945_AR_0_BOLYIAXQOFUN.jpg

Any food truck or restaurant or hot dog stand has to display their information.

Senor corn seller had no such thing on display.

I understand all that, but you were contending that the street corn vendor was "some illegal", in a post meant to prove that illegals get away with more stuff than citizens (the jay walker).

My question is, how do you know the street vendor was an illegal immigrant, and the jay walker was an American citizen? The color of their skin?

You cant call a flood quick when you were warned about it two weeks in advance. Sorry but I ain't buying it.

That's true, but some places are in the "gray area" for flooding. Other areas, like I mentioned above, have offset periods of flooding after the major Hurricane has already passed. Meterology isn't as much of a precise science yet.

I understand all that, but you were contending that the street corn vendor was "some illegal", in a post meant to prove that illegals get away with more stuff than citizens (the jay walker).

My question is, how do you know the street vendor was an illegal immigrant, and the jay walker was an American citizen? The color of their skin?

That's one indicator, yes. The positive predictive value is pretty high that they're a citizen if they're white. The US is a nation that was founded off of white nationalism.

She should be praised not charged. If they have to do something fine her $1.00 and be done with it.

It is easy to see.

Back