Why is Werdum being glorified? and Colby being ridiculed?

Hey the guy is smart. He saw how sonnen, a mediocre and boring fighter, became one of the biggest names in MMA history just by talking and making people hate him. But the brand of trash talk and attention seeking he has chosen is designed to upset people.... Brazilians specifically. Werdum is the man and he is not going to let anyone talk to him that way. Colby started the whole beef then called the cops crying for help. He's a snitch and a bitch.

Prime Lord Chael was a top middleweight.

You are completely missing the point, say it's five guys instead of one. The bottom line is you're either getting your ass kicked in front of your girlfriend of your calling the cops

You do realize there's a difference between five guys and one guy, right? And there's also a difference if you start giving them deadlier and deadlier weapons?

If Muhammad Ali ducked George Foreman, that would have tarnished his legacy. If Ali ducked ten George Foremans with chainsaws, that's fucking fair enough.

Werdum is leading a whole country vs tyranny and oppression. He is a legend

You do realize there's a difference between five guys and one guy, right? And there's also a difference if you start giving them deadlier and deadlier weapons?

If Muhammad Ali ducked George Foreman, that would have tarnished his legacy. If Ali ducked ten George Foremans with chainsaws, that's fucking fair enough.
<bball2>

I'm not understanding the logic on sherdog lately.

a 240lb man sucker punches a 170 man with a weapon to the face, yet the 170 lb man is a pussy? huh?

Everyone knows that colby can't beat werdum in a street fight...so what was colby supposed to do? Just walk away and let him get away with assault?

Calling the cops is the only recourse.

I know what you're going to say, if you don't want to get punched then don't talk shit. This is the most ignorant thing I've ever heard.

Let's imagine for a moment that Demian Maia after one of his fights (in vegas) screamed in the microphone that all Americans are lazy idiots.
?That then gives stipe miocic the right to wait for maia out in the parking lot with a baseball bat?
of course not lol. that would make stipe a pussy snowflake in my book.

werdum is a bully and only has these altercations with these little guys.

waaaah, you got called a dirty animal. so what?? Now you are going to chuck a bladed piece of wood at somebody's face that's half your size? ....Without any fear of reprisal?

I hope werdum gets jail time. Only a bully punk attacks somebody with a weapon that's half their size over a nothing comment.

Is Colby supposed to attack werdum?...is Colby supposed to just walk away and let him get away with assault?

And if you're still not convinced I'll make it super simple for you:

Let's say you're out on a date with your woman and a guy twice your size, holding a (pick your weapon of choice) walks up and slaps your girl in the face, claiming that he overheard you talking shit.

You're not calling the cops? yes you are.

so many tough guys out there apparently.
LLOL

My point is I can give you a hypothetical we're at some point you're going to call the cops

Oh I get it but i'm also not a professional fighter. Werdum is old school in that you run your mouth there is a price to pay. So what consequences are there for a guy like Colby? Does he get a green light to just say whatever he wants? If there were more men like Werdum, there would be less douches like Colby. Colby pressing charges is beyond pathetic.
Your profession is irrelevant

you know the boomerang in question wasn't wooden or bladed, right?

it might blow your mind to know that not every boomerang is made the same, just like not every plastic gun is capable of firing actual bullets.
It was wood, and every Boomerang has a blade

My point is I can give you a hypothetical we're at some point you're going to call the cops

There are an infinite number of scenarios where I might call the cops. If there are five gunmen around my house, or six, or seven, or just one, I'm dialing 911.

None of those scenarios has anything to do with a professional fighter running his mouth off, having a toy thrown at him, and then responding like a little bitch.

Werdum didn't smash him. If he wanted to, he could have. That one guy between them wouldn't of been stopping him.

He can do whatever he wants. He's physically capable. He just has to face the consequences of his actions if he does. Just like Colby can say whatever disrespectful, xenophobic, hateful shit he wants.. but he'll also have to face consequences.
Assault is assault

You are completely missing the point, say it's five guys instead of one. The bottom line is you're either getting your ass kicked in front of your girlfriend of your calling the cops
You are just changing the situation to suit your narrative.

Colby wasn't assaulted at gun point or jumped by 5 guys. You can't just group a toy boomerang and a loaded firearm together as though they are the same thing or represent the same level of threat.

Colby started this whole fucking thing by acting like a complete asshole, being hateful, xenophobic/racist and antagonistic. He is a grown man and a professional CAGE FIGHTER who instigated a situation which resulted in a confrontation with a larger man.

Werdum didn't come up to Colby and slap Colby's girlfriend unprovoked, he didn't have a gun, none of Werdum's friends engaged in violence or threat of violence with Colby.

Those are the actual events that happened. If you want to engage in a bunch of hypotheticals, have fun, but doing so makes it irrelevant to the Colby Werdum situation.

He ran his mouth and got hit with a fucking boomerang in Australia
By a member of the group he insulted. If he would have acted like a grown up instead of a angry hateful child he wouldn't have been in the situation in the first place.

It doesn't make Werdum right but good luck campaigning for people to side with the racist instigator.

lol another dumb bass with the jail time. your little world is gonna be shattered when Werdum gets nothing for this "assault with deadly weapon".

There are an infinite number of scenarios where I might call the cops. If there are five gunmen around my house, or six, or seven, or just one, I'm dialing 911.

None of those scenarios has anything to do with a professional fighter running his mouth off, having a toy thrown at him, and then responding like a little bitch.
the profession is irrelevant.
it wasn't a toy, also what he threw was irrelevant.
And if somebody assaults you on the street for something you said..... that's a crime.

You are just changing the situation to suit your narrative.

Colby wasn't assaulted at gun point or jumped by 5 guys. You can't just group a toy boomerang and a loaded firearm together as though they are the same thing or represent the same level of threat.

Colby started this whole fucking thing by acting like a complete asshole, being hateful, xenophobic/racist and antagonistic. He is a grown man and a professional CAGE FIGHTER who instigated a situation which resulted in a confrontation with a larger man.

Werdum didn't come up to Colby and slap Colby's girlfriend unprovoked, he didn't have a gun, none of Werdum's friends engaged in violence or threat of violence with Colby.

Those are the actual events that happened. If you want to engage in a bunch of hypotheticals, have fun, but doing so makes it irrelevant to the Colby Werdum situation.

He ran his mouth and got hit with a fucking boomerang in Australia
By a member of the group he insulted. If he would have acted like a grown up instead of a angry hateful child he wouldn't have been in the situation in the first place.

It doesn't make Werdum right but good luck campaigning for people to side with the racist instigator.
you can't assault someone for something they say. period.

Werdum said that Colby kicked him first... but it wasn't on that video. he claims he has a longer video of the incident that shows it though.

It was not a weapon, it was a souveneer boomerang in a plastic bag. U cant possibly hurt anyone with that.
they're thick solid wood, and yes I've been to australia and seen many of those souveniers. I've got kangaroo claws and skin, they dont make cheap china crap there as much as the US.

Back