Media Throwback to when Fabricio Werdum threw at boomerang at Colby Covington

Davidjacksonjones

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score

Colby Covington and Fabricio Werdum had an infamous dust up in Sydney, Australia in 2017. 'Chaos' was in the final fight of his UFC contract when he faced Demian Maia at UFC Fight Night 119 in Sao Paulo, Brazil.

After beating the submission artist via unanimous decision, Covington ranted at the Brazilian fans and called them "filthy animals." Covington's remarks did not sit well with former UFC heavyweight champion Fabricio Werdum. When the two crossed paths outside the UFC fighter hotel in Sydney on Nov. 16, 2017, 'Vai Cavalo' confronted Covington. While both fighters seemed to be engaged in a verbal back-and-forth, it was the Brazilian who kept coming forward. Werdum then pulled a boomerang out and threw it at Covington, hitting the welterweight in the face.

The infamous interview which angered many Brazillians around the world, including Werdum

Colby has also been involved in many other incidents, such as when Jorge Masvidal running up to him at a steakhouse in Miami beach and sucker punching him. I feel if Colby keeps this "act" up, he will have more incidents like this, angry fighters or even civilians assaulting him in public

Didn't Colby threaten to assassinate Jon Anik, as well?
And the company was like "well, you gotta be able to take this as it's only Colby's persona" or something. Smh.
Yeah I remember that

“And, you know, Jon Anik, dude, I don’t want your kids to grow up without a dad. Just realize you live in Boca, I live in Miami, motherf–ker. You’re not too far from me. So you better shut your f–king mouth. You poke the bear? Now you get the bear comes after you.”

Say what you want but when Petr Yan chatted shit about Andrei Arlovski the word was he was at the gym ready to answer for his words and take an ass-whooping.

That's the difference between someone who's real someone who's not.

Didn't Colby threaten to assassinate Jon Anik, as well?
And the company was like "well, you gotta be able to take this as it's only Colby's persona" or something. Smh.
Colby also threatened to smack Dana. They know he’s just doing his gimmick

Yeah I remember that

“And, you know, Jon Anik, dude, I don’t want your kids to grow up without a dad. Just realize you live in Boca, I live in Miami, motherf–ker. You’re not too far from me. So you better shut your f–king mouth. You poke the bear? Now you get the bear comes after you.”

So if you criticize a ref Dana will fire you but not if you threaten the life of a commentator...

My favorite part about this is Colby…was sooo looking to run away.

Werdum provided us with great fights, but this was equally entertaining. And the flying kick to the face of Travis Rousey. And the Edmond kick lol

Werdum in the UFC HOF just for this!

Back