Why is Werdum being glorified? and Colby being ridiculed?

If I made it my priority to launch a verbal assault on a country and all of its people, then someone from that country confronted me and through a toy boomerang at me. I’d go sit in a room by myself, shrug my shoulders and say “I should’ve expected that”.

NOT post on social media about it, and NOT call the cops like a little bitch.
You are missing the entire point, it doesn't matter if he punched him in the face with his fist ....weapon or no weapon you can't assault people

'A real man,doesn't call the cops blah blah blah' , but nothing about how a real man shouldn't get triggered by words like Werdum did. Because real men don't get triggered by words from people far smaller than them, but Werdum does. All this is a reflection on Werdum - not Colby and not Tony.

Despite your size, when a pecker gnat is annoyingly buzzing in your ear you smash the gnat. Pecker gnats don't have a green light to go around sounding off without consequence.........and then run to the authorities when you swat them.

The problem with most ankle biting yippy little dogs is they don't know they're tiny little ankle biters until they get put into place by a bigger junkyard dog.

That's not the way the world works in society, you can't just smash people for what they say

'A real man,doesn't call the cops blah blah blah' , but nothing about how a real man shouldn't get triggered by words like Werdum did. Because real men don't get triggered by words from people far smaller than them, but Werdum does. All this is a reflection on Werdum - not Colby and not Tony.

This whole thing started because Colby had a triggered, emotional breakdown over an audience in Brazil booing him. Get that. Boos made him hate, generalize, and disrespect an entire country

He's not emotionally stable. Hundreds if not thousands of non Brazilian fighters have been subject to that same audience.. yet Colby is the only one to have a legitimate mental breakdown because he didn't like how he was treated.

I'm not understanding the logic on sherdog lately.

a 240lb man sucker punches a 170 man with a weapon to the face, yet the 170 lb man is a pussy? huh?

Everyone knows that colby can't beat werdum in a street fight...so what was colby supposed to do? Just walk away and let him get away with assault?

Calling the cops is the only recourse.

I know what you're going to say, if you don't want to get punched then don't talk shit. This is the most ignorant thing I've ever heard.

Let's imagine for a moment that Demian Maia after one of his fights (in vegas) screamed in the microphone that all Americans are lazy idiots.
?That then gives stipe miocic the right to wait for maia out in the parking lot with a baseball bat?
of course not lol. that would make stipe a pussy snowflake in my book.

werdum is a bully and only has these altercations with these little guys.

waaaah, you got called a dirty animal. so what?? Now you are going to chuck a bladed piece of wood at somebody's face that's half your size? ....Without any fear of reprisal?

I hope werdum gets jail time. Only a bully punk attacks somebody with a weapon that's half their size over a nothing comment.

Is Colby supposed to attack werdum?...is Colby supposed to just walk away and let him get away with assault?

And if you're still not convinced I'll make it super simple for you:

Let's say you're out on a date with your woman and a guy twice your size, holding a gun walks up and slaps your girl in the face, claiming that he overheard you talking shit.

You're not calling the cops? yes you are.

so many tough guys out there apparently.

Oh great, another cry baby writing hyperbole in favor of Colby.

How original and worthy of a new thread.

Last edited:
I'm not understanding the logic on sherdog lately.

a 240lb man sucker punches a 170 man with a weapon to the face, yet the 170 lb man is a pussy? huh?

Everyone knows that colby can't beat werdum in a street fight...so what was colby supposed to do? Just walk away and let him get away with assault?

Calling the cops is the only recourse.

I know what you're going to say, if you don't want to get punched then don't talk shit. This is the most ignorant thing I've ever heard.

Let's imagine for a moment that Demian Maia after one of his fights (in vegas) screamed in the microphone that all Americans are lazy idiots.
?That then gives stipe miocic the right to wait for maia out in the parking lot with a baseball bat?
of course not lol. that would make stipe a pussy snowflake in my book.

werdum is a bully and only has these altercations with these little guys.

waaaah, you got called a dirty animal. so what?? Now you are going to chuck a bladed piece of wood at somebody's face that's half your size? ....Without any fear of reprisal?

I hope werdum gets jail time. Only a bully punk attacks somebody with a weapon that's half their size over a nothing comment.

Is Colby supposed to attack werdum?...is Colby supposed to just walk away and let him get away with assault?

And if you're still not convinced I'll make it super simple for you:

Let's say you're out on a date with your woman and a guy twice your size, holding a gun walks up and slaps your girl in the face, claiming that he overheard you talking shit.

You're not calling the cops? yes you are.

so many tough guys out there apparently.

It's the general mentality you see from hard left political views(some of this in the hard right as well as we saw in Charlottesville). The idea is you can physically assault others if what they say is deemed very offensive to you. There was a "punch a nazi" mentality going on where basically mobs would assault others sort of like how the Nazis used physical force tactics in Germany before the Third Reich took over power.

A lot of millennials are down with this type of behavior hence Werdum gets praised. I'm shocked how big of a star Colby has become from cutting a pro wrestling level heel promo in Brazil. Most people are pretty stupid I guess and got upset at him.

I thought Colby's promo was funny....more like watching the Iron Sheik back in the 80's taunt the dumbass hicks in the crowd. I never thought MMA fans would be this stupid.

this

It was not a weapon, it was a souveneer boomerang in a plastic bag. U cant possibly hurt anyone with that.
It was not a weapon, it was a souveneer boomerang in a plastic bag. U cant possibly hurt anyone with that.

Exactly. I somehow doubt Werdum is going to jail for assault with a deadly souvenir boomerang.

To OP's question, if a dude "twice my size" holding a boomerang (the gun would be ridiculous and brings a completely different level of danger) "slapped my wife" ... yes, I would fight that man, absolutely.

I'm about 215, I sincerely doubt any 430 pound man is athletic enough to take me in a fight. He can take his best shot with his boomerang and then it is easy Pickens since he would probably be gassed already, if not then leg kicks should keep me at a safe distance for the minute or two until the fat man can no longer hold his hands up.

That's not the way the world works in society, you can't just smash people for what they say
Werdum didn't smash him. If he wanted to, he could have. That one guy between them wouldn't of been stopping him.

He can do whatever he wants. He's physically capable. He just has to face the consequences of his actions if he does. Just like Colby can say whatever disrespectful, xenophobic, hateful shit he wants.. but he'll also have to face consequences.

sherdog went to shit, that's what happened

1znrge.jpg

HE'S A HUMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think both are at fault , and yeah it is funny how werdum always gets in to these altercations with smaller guys lol

Colby is supposed to use fighting words only when he wants a fight. Failing that, yes, having instigated shit, he's supposed to just walk away, like a fucking man.

you know the boomerang in question wasn't wooden or bladed, right?

it might blow your mind to know that not every boomerang is made the same, just like not every plastic gun is capable of firing actual bullets.
You can take someone's eye out with a number 2 pencil

It’s Sherdog, TS, what do you expect.

All the scholars preaching their beloved “talk shit get hit” mentality are missing the incredible irony that Brazil basically “talked shit” to Colby by hurling death threats and insults the whole time he was there, resulting in Colby “hitting them back” by calling them out on their bullshit.

So Brazilians are immune to “talk shit get hit” but get so butt hurt by shit talk they’re allowed to assault people? Ridiculous.

Sherdog is full of people who act like filthy animals. At least on their keyboards. What do you expect?

You can take someone's eye out with a number 2 pencil

That doesn't mean you can go around calling the number 2 pencil bladed. That's called a fabrication and will do nothing for you in a court of law.

Werdum has like 40 pounds on Colby, and that includes a lot of flab.
Stop this "twice his size bullshit".
I remember Cain and DC kicking Brock and Bigfoot asses no problem, no crying.

Exactly. I somehow doubt Werdum is going to jail for assault with a deadly souvenir boomerang.

To OP's question, if a dude "twice my size" holding a boomerang (the gun would be ridiculous and brings a completely different level of danger) "slapped my wife" ... yes, I would fight that man, absolutely.

I'm about 215, I sincerely doubt any 430 pound man is athletic enough to take me in a fight. He can take his best shot with his boomerang and then it is easy Pickens since he would probably be gassed already, if not then leg kicks should keep me at a safe distance for the minute or two until the fat man can no longer hold his hands up.
You are completely missing the point, say it's five guys instead of one. The bottom line is you're either getting your ass kicked in front of your girlfriend of your calling the cops

Oh I get it but i'm also not a professional fighter. Werdum is old school in that you run your mouth there is a price to pay. So what consequences are there for a guy like Colby? Does he get a green light to just say whatever he wants? If there were more men like Werdum, there would be less douches like Colby. Colby pressing charges is beyond pathetic.

Back