Why does nobody talk about Robert Whittaker?

I'm being serious. It's like everybody forgets he exists. Is he that forgettable or is everyone just sleeping on him?
His last fight was not a dominant performance but I agree he is one of the few middleweight fighter with a well rounded game and actual striking defense. If his chin hasn't taken a hit from his last fight , he could become a long reigning champ. I don't understand why people think Gastelum will KO him.

Basically because he won a decision over an overweight Romero. The fight is the definition of a draw but Yoel supporters want to throw another 10-8 rd where it doesn’t belong

The real fans don't bother anymore. They are crowded out by mcgregerazzi

Robert is probably one of the most well rounded MMA fighters today, his rise up the middleweight ranks was incredible to watch.

He understandably took time off after the second Romero fight, in the span of 14 months he fought Jacare, Romero, had an MCL injury to his left leg and by early 2018 had a staph infection in his stomach and fought Romero again then he was used for TUF because that's still a thing. probably have more interest if people still cared about TUF
TUF is still on?

Losing the spike deal killed them lol.

Hell is spike tv still on? Seems like they (the ufc and spike) shot each other in the foot on that deal.

Robert would murder GSP now, let's be serious. If Romero and Jacare can't hold down Whittaker for a second you think GSP is gonna lay on him for 5 rounds?
If it was a prime GSP it'd be a super good fight. I might favour GSP there. Probably not tho. Unsure. 50/50.
Gsp doesnt need to hold him down. Takes him down. Gnp. Leg kicks. Doesnt matter.

I'm being serious. It's like everybody forgets he exists. Is he that forgettable or is everyone just sleeping on him?

What do you want us to talk about? It's not like he goes around throwing dollies at buses to stir up news. He just shows up to fight, and when he does, that's when we'll talk.

Because he is a legit fighter and not a drama queen like Conor McGregor and sadly Khabib has kinda become somewhat of a diva. Unfortunately too much attention goes to antics outside the cage, fighter pay, contract shit. In that respect there isnt much to say about Whittaker. Sucks because that dude is a fuckin animal and seems like a respectable good guy

I like Whittaker how can you not respect the guy ? But i guess the trashtalkers offer more talking points

Love to watch him fight. He just needs to fight more often and not be injured that will help his buzz

Bland personality

Lives in Australia

Ingured frequently

Out of sight out of mind.

he just need to up his cocaine and bitches game and he'll there

Great fighter but Yoel beat him and Gastelum probably sleeps him.
Gastelum will most centanly not KO him, sir. To beat Rob Wit right now you have to be great unortodox striker. Gastelum is fast and slick, but has no kicks. His boxing is amazing, but Rob Wit has better hands. So fell free to apologize after the fight ;)

Little quoted stat,

In 8 fights at MW Whittaker has collected 6 OTN bonuses.

It took Anderson 10 fights to get that many.

I love the guy, but he is out injured, so no reason to talk about him.

But I do think he is one of the bright spots on MW division. Came up and beat guys no one thought he could beat. And proved it was not a fluke when he beat Yoel with one hand.
Maybe there's a good reason why GSP run from him after all....

He's polite and respectful. That's the nature of ozzies. He just can't be like Conor. Irish people in general are just not verry clever drunks who like to fight and to talk shit.

He is sadly not-so-popular, however, he is one of the most talented champions.

Gastelum will most centanly not KO him, sir. To beat Rob Wit right now you have to be great unortodox striker. Gastelum is fast and slick, but has no kicks. His boxing is amazing, but Rob Wit has better hands. So fell free to apologize after the fight ;)
I think Rob is the better fighter but Gastelum's chin is too strong and he hits hard enough to KO Rob with any clean shot.

Back