Why does nobody talk about Robert Whittaker?

He's great, but he only fights like once a year lately, so what are we supposed to talk about?

Let's keep it that way. Quietly beat Romero 2x. Rob is a true warrior.

I mean in general, what is he known for? What is best at?

he's not much of a highlight kinda guy, more like a high volume output guy.
I can't think of one Whittaker highlight or press moment that stands out

You can make a whole highlight reel off of the guys left hook alone.

tumblr_ohae05sECk1qlskhvo2_400.gif

Colton-Smithvs.-Robert-Whittaker-3.gif

CharmingFancyChipmunk-max-1mb.gif

*Edit*

This one is more of a quick little shovel hook that rocks Hester

C7mYMdQ.gif

I never realised how boring he is until i read this thread

He has some one sided losses to no names. And yes, he's chinny. It'll take multiple title defenses for folks to take him seriously as a top p4p guy

You are just making stuff up now. What one sided losses to what no names?? The split decision 5 years ago in a different weight class? Or the other one from 6 years ago not in the ufc and also in a different weight class?

You say those losses and his * chin * is why he isnt mentioned along with fighters like Tj.

Tj has been finished exactly the same amount by strikes as whittaker.... once. Do you consider him chinny as well?

Im baffled how someone who actually survived yoels best shots is chinny. So does that mean everybody who Romero has finished is chinny ?

Last edited:
Nah bro. Gsp makes whittaker look average. But its not a slight. Gsp is just that good
Ah of course my mistake that's why he's still fighting the elite of the MW division as champ instead of chasing a fight against a LW, oh wait

Yeah really underrated fighter. He has killed it at middleweight since moving up from welterweight. Really fun to watch.

I think a lot of people felt Romero won the second fight and that’s put a bit of a damper on his buzz.

Romero deserved that loss. He gained all the advantage he could with that extra weight, there should be repercussions like if it was a close fight, then he should take the loss

there's just other shit popping that's way more important right now in MMA oh, by the way did you see Randy's latest video?

Whittaker is a hidden treasure to mma fans. Im kinda glad he gets underrated and overlooked by noobs and casuals. He literally bludgeoned tavares to death in under 2 mins.

War Whittaker yew

Romero deserved that loss. He gained all the advantage he could with that extra weight, there should be repercussions like if it was a close fight, then he should take the loss
Extra 100grams is not a massive advantage. It was worse for him as he suffered a lot of stress with the comission and second failure, he looked unusually terrible for the showcase weigh ins.

Maybe it's because he lost his last title defense. His reign has no solid ground, at least not yet.

Cause newer fans,hell even most older fans are more of the wrasslin type bs than into athletic competition

Extra 100grams is not a massive advantage. It was worse for him as he suffered a lot of stress with the comission and second failure, he looked unusually terrible for the showcase weigh ins.

He failed to make weight two title fights in a row. Granted it was only .1 after the extra 2 hours. But his team had planned to take full advantage of the 2 hours extra, crazy to cut it that close expecially with what happened v rockhold a few months earlier.

He screwed his opponents over more than himself. Rockhold lost title opportunity taking the fight vs over weight yoel. Whittaker still has no defense of his belt despite taking all the risks of fighting him twice. The middle weight division has been held up by yoel and his failure to make weight. Until he has 2 fights making mw i think he shouldn't even be hoping for anything to do with that title.

I just found out yesterday he tanks in elder scrolls online so i fuck with him

Last edited:
Back