Why does nobody talk about Robert Whittaker?

He is just too nice. Everyone likes Whittaker.Even the biggest Anderson or Romero supporters.. So there is nothing to talk about.

However, I will give you some truths: The current mw division is at its weakest in ages. Some smart wws saw the vacuum after the likes of Anderson, Vitor, Hendo got old. That is why wws move up, and straight into the top 5. The last champ was a past prime ww, the current champ is a medio ww, and the title challenger is a ww. Oh, and the former former champ was a half blind, past prime Michael Bisping... But everyone knows this, so nothing to talk about either..

He's just not a star so people don't like or hate him. He gets forgotten even though he's a great fighter.

We all know he got a stay of execution when gsp retired. He really dodged a bullet on that one.

What is the secret of his power?

The second Romero fight made it difficult to hype him, Champ basically got his ass kicked and depended on picking away a decision in the rest of the fight. The same way the second Hendo fight pretty much killed any hype Bisping might have had as champ previously.

Last edited:
I think the problem is that Yoel fight. Yoel was robbed off it and people normally do not like the thieves of fights.

Whats he done? Hes on an impressive 9 fight win streak but 5 of those ended in decision. He became champ by default almost. (He technically was "promoted" from interim). He has one defense that doesnt count because Romero didnt make weight. That defense was a decision also.

I like him. Fight fans like him. But for the general public? He's quiet and hasn't made a lot of highlight reels.

I'm salty because he got the decision over Yoel ... the Soldier of God won that second fight

I'm being serious. It's like everybody forgets he exists. Is he that forgettable or is everyone just sleeping on him?
Cause everyone who watched his last fight knows he got his ass kicked.

He is just too nice. Everyone likes Whittaker.Even the biggest Anderson or Romero supporters.. So there is nothing to talk about.

However, I will give you some truths: The current mw division is at its weakest in ages. Some smart wws saw the vacuum after the likes of Anderson, Vitor, Hendo got old. That is why wws move up, and straight into the top 5. The last champ was a past prime ww, the current champ is a medio ww, and the title challenger is a ww. Oh, and the former former champ was a half blind, past prime Michael Bisping... But everyone knows this, so nothing to talk about either..
Sometimes....smh....sometimes you say silly shit.
We all know he got a stay of execution when gsp retired. He really dodged a bullet on that one.
LMAO!!! Good one. Would have been interesting to see though, GSP fighting against more 185ers.

In my opinion, he's the most well rounded elite fighter in the UFC. He's sneakily funny (see his comments to Bisping about the belt in his post fight interview), but doesn't like to really put it out there. He'll never trash talk or get big money fights, because of that which sucks. He also isn't big enough to win the 205 strap either, but I feel he would win the 195 if it was there. So quiet, super well rounded fighter that can't really float around weight classes (with success) = no super fights + not that much money + really fun fights to watch for people that actually know what is going on

Wasn't there a topic about Whittaker easily beating every single top-10 LHW in the same night just yesterday?

Because he has a few brutal losses on his resume. He was an average to good competitor at 170, so it's tough for people to take him seriously in p4p rankings, knowing that he's so chinny. Same thing goes for Woodley. Also, most people think Whittaker lost his last title defense.

Those are the reason he doesn't get mentioned alongside Jones, Ferguson, Khabib, Dillashaw, etc

Has absolutely nothing to do with his demeanor/disposition/personality

Gsp woulda taken him down at will and UD’d him.
Robert would murder GSP now, let's be serious. If Romero and Jacare can't hold down Whittaker for a second you think GSP is gonna lay on him for 5 rounds?
If it was a prime GSP it'd be a super good fight. I might favour GSP there. Probably not tho. Unsure. 50/50.

Back