Why do people in North American drink light beer?

Homeless pandhandlers are so damn plentiful there. When i lived in LQA near Key arena, you could not walk 20 feet without panhandlers asking for money. They used to be mainly around SODO/industrial district, near and under the I5 and I90. Now they are everywhere.

It's insane how much the homeless.population has exploded there. Like you said they're everywhere now, from Seattle to kent to Tacoma, federal way, auburn, etc.

I drink light beer most of the time due to drinkability and cost. However, I do like a good Porter or Stout as well as some brown ales at times. Also, have you ever tried drinking heavy beer while chilling at the beach all day at 100 degrees? It's nearly impossible to down more than a couple without being dehydrated.

Tastes like piss, but you can pound 15 of them for a pregame and still go out.

Lol @ only liberals drink light beer. apparently you shlubs have never been to Texas. Conservatives drink Shiner and Bud Light. Hipsters drink IPAs, which are basically piss water with hops mixed in.
IPAs are pretty rancid to me too. It is almost like when people eat the hottest crap just to prove they can, even though they know it tastes like balls. Same with IPAs. Its a pissing contest of who can drink the most bitter and disgusting beer they can find.

IPAs are pretty rancid to me too. It is almost like when people eat the hottest crap just to prove they can, even though they know it tastes like balls. Same with IPAs. Its a pissing contest of who can drink the most bitter and disgusting beer they can find.

10, hell even 5 years ago, it was a race to see who could go bigger and more bitter. Times have changed. While there will always be some degree of perceived bitterness in hop-forward beers like IPAs, the more modern examples of the style are pretty low in bitterness with a greater emphasis on the flavor of the hops rather than the extraction of the alpha acids in the hops which give off the bitter bite.

It goes with our world class beignets and that's all that matters.

The beignets are good. They mask the flavor of the boiled dirt water you like to drink.

Ya like 10 years ago...

Now it's a pissing contest to see who can drink the haziest juiciest IPA.

Let me ask you this, what part of the world are you in? Between @Snubnoze707 and I, I'm sure we can think of a modern example for you to try if you're willing to give the style another shot.

I drink 700 light beers a day

Let me ask you this, what part of the world are you in? Between @Snubnoze707 and I, I'm sure we can think of a modern example for you to try if you're willing to give the style another shot.
In the States. Bounce around Florida and Washington. I would if it was something special.

In the States. Bounce around Florida and Washington. I would if it was something special.

Look for anything described as New England Style or "Hazy." For Washington, Fremont has some really nice IPAs. While they have a really good beer culture, the PNW is mostly stuck in an older mentality when it comes to IPAs. Holy Mountain is supposed to do some pretty good hoppy stuff but can't speak from first hand experience.

For FL, the only thing I can think of off the top of my head is Calusa Brewing in Sarasota. I'll need to think about that one. Oddly enough, FL seems to do better stouts than IPAs.

Look for anything described as New England Style or "Hazy." For Washington, Fremont has some really nice IPAs. While they have a really good beer culture, the PNW is mostly stuck in an older mentality when it comes to IPAs. Holy Mountain is supposed to do some pretty good hoppy stuff but can't speak from first hand experience.

For FL, the only thing I can think of off the top of my head is Calusa Brewing in Sarasota. I'll need to think about that one. Oddly enough, FL seems to do better stouts than IPAs.
I'll keep my eyes open. I'm always willing to give something another shot. I hated elysium's Space Dust from Seattle, which was the last IPA that i tried.

Good thing about Florida is that I like porters/stouts the best, so it suits me. Local brewer Coppertail makes a decent porter in "NightSwim". Not the best, but it's local. Have to support local businesses.

I'll keep my eyes open. I'm always willing to give something another shot. I hated elysium's Space Dust from Seattle, which was the last IPA that i tried.

Good thing about Florida is that I like porters/stouts the best, so it suits me. Local brewer Coppertail makes a decent porter in "NightSwim". Not the best, but it's local. Have to support local businesses.

Yeah, Space Dust is definitely more of an old school IPA. It's a decent beer in my opinion but dated. I think Cycle is in Tampa. I'm not big on their stouts like a lot of people seem to be but I'd guess they have a decent IPA as they seem to be up on the more modern trends in the industry.

If you see an IPA that looks like this, give it a shot.

But if you see someone pour it like that, punch them in the throat for me.

Light beer is gross. It is like drinking watered down beer. I like actual beer. Most people that don't like non-light beer don't seem to realize there are hundreds of variations of beer. I don't like IPAs but I love most darker ales.

Also never understood the purpose of being able to drink more without getting as drunk. Drink more = piss more. I like generally being able to drink a few and not have to down 10 in order to get a nice buzz going.

I drink light beer most of the time due to drinkability and cost. However, I do like a good Porter or Stout as well as some brown ales at times. Also, have you ever tried drinking heavy beer while chilling at the beach all day at 100 degrees? It's nearly impossible to down more than a couple without being dehydrated.
That is why you drink a lighter colored lager or pilzner. Stella or Urquell work and they taste better than Miller lite. Also, Corona or Sol for the beach as well.

That is why you drink a lighter colored lager or pilzner. Stella or Urquell work and they taste better than Miller lite. Also, Corona or Sol for the beach as well.
Oh, I'll pretty much drink anything you throw at me other than IPA. I prefer Landshark to corona and those aren't bad for hot days at all. I've had Sol a few times and it is pretty decent. I really like pacifico and Victoria beer with a lime as well. I love going places to try craft beers but there aren't too many places around my rural area.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back