Why are people angry at white privilege being real?

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Rod1, Feb 26, 2018.

1. NaughtyBoy

NaughtyBoy Red Belt

He maybe got favoritism against him... Being a ginger type of guy in Mexico isn't quite normal.

2. milkmandanl

milkmandanl Green Belt

Between O-Town and the Worlds Most Famous Beach
    Answer this question for me primera.

Do you believe that the 6 yr old autistic white child that was shot by 2 black cops while seated in a car seat in his fathers car was a victim of racism?

Mark Cutting likes this.
  3. kpt018

kpt018 Gold Belt

I don't think it should be a bummer. In one respect the science does prove out that we cannot make assumptions about individuals regardless of the results by race and other demographics because the numbers don't support that conclusion.

The conclusion that people are born with different ability does not lead to the conclusion that we need equality of outcomes and that isn't being argued by the left anyway (not the thinking left). We'd argue for equality of opportunity to the extent we can achieve that without too much of a burden to others.

I've used this example in the past. Many of us believe that a janitor's children should have the same opportunity for success as say a surgeon's kids and differences in their success is hopefully attributable to their ability and work ethic. We understand this can be taken too far in terms of policy and there are policies that would do more damage than good, but the goal is access to opportunities. We are not arguing the janitor should make what the surgeon makes (equal outcomes) because we acknowledge how valuable that surgeon is and their contributions to society. We also don't think the janitor and his children should go without eating dinner because he wasn't lucky enough to have been born with exceptional and marketable talents.

For me this is the foundation for supporting a social safety net, access to healthcare, access to good education, etc..

4. USA!USA!

USA!USA! Black Belt

Not reasonable to say that is why it happened without knowing that without a doubt. It's stereotyping the neighbors as black-fearing racists.

5. Rod1

Rod1 Titanium Belt

Nope, its more natural than you think.

If i see a cholo looking guy in a decent neighbourhood and 9 out of 10 times they are up to no good, im not taking any chance on the 1 out of 10 that is minding its own business

Im not saying that they are black-fearing racists, im saying that since blacks are overrepresented in crime then being black will make people think that a black guy in a non-black neighbourhood its up to no good.

The Indian grandpa had the bad luck because he looked younger than he was, he looked black.

6. Soul Crusher

Soul Crusher Eternal

Just two cities, Boston and Chicago.
    I wouldn't use this as proof of white privilege.

You have to ask yourself why does "whitening" (<Prem973>) your name give you a better chance? Multiculturalism that's being pushed today is something new. It's normal to try and fit in with the majority and their culture.

The sad part here is that people are so angry that they would rather just change the demographics and really mess up society with "social justice" and claim America has no culture or identity. The demographic changes that are happening are going to make things worse in my opinion.

Saying check your white privilege, you have no culture or identity, shut up and listen, you stole that land, diversity is strength, you're racist and what ever else I'm missing is not going to help in any shape way or form.

And like someone else already said, no one wants an angry minority or a snobby white person to stand over them (figuratively) after a hard day of work and be told they're privileged and that they should do something about it.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    milkmandanl likes this.
  7. kpt018

kpt018 Gold Belt

Similar studies have been done over and over yielding similar results. And I'm not claiming that proves WP anyway, it's just one piece of the puzzle.

8. Soul Crusher

Soul Crusher Eternal

Did they have the same weaknesses as the study you posted? Piece to what puzzle?

Maybe we should be letting black people know that if they don't find a company that's owned by black people to work at, their name might reduce their chances at finding a job. Same goes for Asians.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  9. kpt018

kpt018 Gold Belt

Well both seem to be true, so yeah, why don't you go ahead and let them know.

10. Soul Crusher

Soul Crusher Eternal

What seems to be true?

I think it would be a good idea to let them know.

You're not implying that I might be savagely attacked now are you?

11. kpt018

kpt018 Gold Belt

That having a cultural name gives you a disadvantage of landing that job vs those with white sounding names. It's repeated over and over.

And I have no fucking idea what you're referring to with the last question.

12. Soul Crusher

Soul Crusher Eternal

Excellent so white privilege doesn't exist. With that being said:

"why don't you go ahead and let them know."

This kind of sounds like you're saying I shouldn't. Would you let them know or would you tell them they should continue bitching about white people?

Seems like the right thing to do is give them warnings. They better hurry up too and get out of that rut.

13. kpt018

kpt018 Gold Belt

Bad conclusion. The rest is ranting.

14. Soul Crusher

Soul Crusher Eternal

<{vega}><23>

Believers of white privilege...
    <Prem973>

milkmandanl likes this.
  15. The ScorpioN

The ScorpioN "GET OVER HERE!"

Not sure if srs.

There are countless examples of whites getting ragdolled by cops.

Watch old seasons of the show Cops, you'll see some Khabib smeshing on rednecks.

S-dot and milkmandanl like this.
  16. mixcontactsport

mixcontactsport Land of the Illusion, Home of the Brainwashed

I said the evidence of absence in the American Media and society, is proof that there's a preference for White people. You're not even an open-minded person. You're a liar.
    this is proof that you're a hypocrite. You don't know what you're talking about, so you're a liar and a hypocrite. I'm done with you. Keep living in denial.

17. PEDS Help me Post

PEDS Help me Post Black Belt

18. Starman

Starman Purple Belt

The percentage of whites vs non-whites in the media is correlation, not causation. You are going to have to eventually understand the difference between the two if you are serious about convincing people.

How many white people are in Chinese cinema? Your failure to understand what a majority is, or how majorities play a role in correlating data when it comes to "representation", is precisely the problem you and those on your side are afflicted with. You simply do not understand basic concepts or how they do (and not) relate to each other.

What have I lied about? Correlation is not causation. Step getting angry and emotional, and start being logical.

Why are you getting angry when I say freedom of thought is anathema to the Left? I thought you said you weren't a leftist. Why would you get angry about this, and how in the world do you think making such a statement makes me a hypocrite?

I'm not denying anything. I'm asking you for evidence to support your claim. Thus far your only evidence of white privilege is that there are more white people on TV than non-whites. Do you understand how majorities work or not? What you are citing is not evidence of white privilege, but evidence that whites are the majority.

19. Starman

Starman Purple Belt

Well if it isn't Hack Savage, providing another nonsensical answer to a question nobody asked.

No one here, and certainly no one I was talking to, said white privilege or its proponents were *probably* right, so you can stop tilting at that particular windmill right now.

What was said was that no one here had a right to question the research being done by *experts* because they weren't *experts* themselves. Try to keep your responses in context in the future, and keep your intellectual dishonesty to a minimum. It will actually help your arguments.

How many leftwing governments have banned freedom of speech, which is the natural progression of freedom of thought? To say that freedom of thought is anathema to leftism is not only true, it is obvious. It's not the Right pushing for censorship of opposing ideas through the guise of "cracking down on hate speech", or demanding that other forms of speech (criticism of the global cooling/global warming/climate change agenda) be banned altogether.

Who can blame you for trying to shun that label, though? You're just as deranged and dishonest as everyone else on the Left.

20. Mark Cutting

Mark Cutting Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card Yellow Card Banned

I'm shocked they've yet to mention "whitening" strips for your teeth.

Starman likes this.