Opinion Why are people angry at white privilege being real?

You're going in the wrong direction. The issue is not the things that can be used to develop IQ through education and other external factors, the issue is the fairly wide range of things that can permanently depress IQ scores.

We know these things, they start with poverty and scarcity in mothers while pregnant, followed by poverty and scarcity while children, inadequate access to proper care, exposure to pollution, nutrition, etc.

It's like height. We all have a genetic height we can get to but if our environment is a poor one, we end up shorter than we could be. The issue isn't that we're genetically short, it's that our environment has compromised the expression of our height. We see something very similar when it comes IQ and the poor in this country.

IQ conversations are often pointless in my opinion because while I think the tests are reliable when you're using people with the same environmental backgrounds (primarily socioeconomic backgrounds), they're often used to make comparisons while ignoring those extremely relevant factors.
I was going to make an argument about the effects of segregated education over generations, but I lost steam in the thread and moved on. FWIW, I think IQ and racial realism arguments are BS.

Asians, Hispanics, etc, get's targeted too, this is one of the main reasons I got vocal on this site. I got tired of hearing it.
Of course. I'm obviously not saying that there isn't any racism or discrimination towards any other race.
I'm saying that blacks often get targeted in a different way, and much more often. Nobody talks about "the asian community", or "the white community", and definitely aren't saying how they need to get their collective shit together. There aren't a bunch of "experts" that go around talking about what the latin and asian "community" need to be doing, and how they're fucking up. People talk about blacks as if there is some inherent reason the crime and poverty rates are higher than in other communities.
As if people can just will themselves out of poverty.

it's not that people choose not to, it really takes great courage to rise above the rest. I personally think most minorities that are foreign born feel blessed to live in America, even though they know some issues in society isn't right, they probably feel it's not their place to be protesting, they're just happy to be here and to have a better life than where they came from. You really can't fault that type of mentality.

We are all treated differently by our race and class in America, so we all don't see things eye to eye, it really complicates relations between people and groups in society. What I'm proposing will never happen, it's just a dream. I just think people in society for the most part, is not to blame, on the other hand, the people that have power, and hold sway over the public's opinion should be though, and there are many in this group, not just politicians. We are all being controlled on different levels, everybody has someone they answer to. The only thing I can do is open someone's mind, one by one, I know people like me will never change the World or my dreams will never be realized, but as long as I changed one person's mind, it's a start.
Yeah, I agree with most of what you're saying here..but I think we have too low standards for ourselves and personal accountability. But I think those in power that intentionally lead people astray are a huge problem.
But i dig the positive outlook.

Agreed...I still don’t get the whole “black community” concept...it’s not like black folk are all the same...
Yep, it makes no sense, it's something that I only hear when talked about black people.
Nobody talks about "the white community" when talking about mass shootings, suicide rates, substance abuse, and other problems that affect whites.
But when we talk about crime and gun violence in Chicago, it's a "black people/culture problem".
Middle class blacks aren't shooting up the suburbs.
It is a culture of poverty, not of "black culture".

Or a product exclusively of American origin? anyone in Mexico will tell you that having white skin is better than brown, and in 2017 a study demonstrate the obvious.

Being white is strongly correlated to education and wealth.

http://www.latinorebels.com/2017/06...co-white-mexicans-richer-and-more-successful/

That's one of the reasons i also chuckle at the white genocide crowd, whites becoming a minority will only make whites more desirable, as it happen in most of latin America.
I wonder if IQ plays a role in this....

Yep, it makes no sense, it's something that I only hear when talked about black people.
Nobody talks about "the white community" when talking about mass shootings, suicide rates, substance abuse, and other problems that affect whites.
But when we talk about crime and gun violence in Chicago, it's a "black people/culture problem".
Middle class blacks aren't shooting up the suburbs.
It is a culture of poverty, not of "black culture".
I have to disagree, Natives are more oppressed and poorer than African Americans, yet don't have the violence in their communities that African Americans do. Although that is beginning to change with proliferation of hip hop culture.

Yea, fair skinned Mexicans are looked at favorably, the fuck are you smoking?

And there’s a law, it’s called affirmative action, you ever looked into it? Obviously not
Why do you say he is wrong? He isn't talking about fair skinned Mexican Americans. He's talking about white Mexican nationals.

I have to disagree, Natives are more oppressed and poorer than African Americans, yet don't have the violence in their communities that African Americans do. Although that is beginning to change with proliferation of hip hop culture.
You think there is something inherent in black people that makes us more prone to crime?
Why don't blacks in the suburbs rob and shoot people?
What are you using to measure oppression and poverty? There are places in Africa that have much higher poverty, but don't have the level of violence of many cities in America.
Native Americans and African Americans were both fucked, but they weren't fucked in the same way. The problems and resutts aren't the same. it isn't a simple equation of who got fucked harder.
Different events created different problems that require different solutions.

Native Americans were put on reservations. Expansive, shitty land with few economic opportunities. They aren't living in crowded urban areas, so they don't have the same problems one would find in an urban area. Their problems have more to do with substance abuse and poverty issues due to lack of development and economic opportunities. Native Americans are basically living on a shitty island. And a lot of their crime stats are unknown and under reported.
African American problems are from decades of segregation and separate "but equal" institutions, that weren't really equal, that ended up producing a 2nd class citizen class. Living in crowded cities in government 'projects' where drugs, violence, and crime are more likely to grow. Drugs, violence, decades of discrimination and incarceration wrecked african american families and made those areas the shitholes they were.
I don't know what hip hop has anything to do with this.

You think there is something inherent in black people that makes us more prone to crime?
What is your basis for insinuating that I said this?

Anyone who is objective can understand that natives were oppressed more and still are to this day. That's just a fact.

Last edited:
What is your basis for insinuating that I said this?

Anyone who is objective can understand that natives were oppressed more and still are to this day. That's just a fact.
It was a question. Not an accusation. People have made that argument in the War room many times.
When you said you "disagree", it wasn't clear on exactly what part of my last post you disagreed with. My main point was that the problems in some of these black areas isn't 'black culture', it's poverty.

You didn't actually address anything that I said.
"Who was oppressed more" has what to do with what? The conditions of Native Americans and African Americans are different. Who got it worse is a stupid way to try to measure anything because the results and conditions are wildly different.
Location alone. Native Americans living on sparsely populated outbacks, while blacks live in the projects in inner cities are going to produce very different living conditions and problems. It's a lot harder to have violence and gangs when you have less people living in close proximity to each other.

You didn't actually address anything that I said.
"Who was oppressed more" has what to do with what? The conditions of Native Americans and African Americans are different. Who got it worse is a stupid way to try to measure anything because the results and conditions are wildly different.
Location alone.
Native Americans living on sparsely populated outbacks
, while blacks live in the projects in inner cities are going to produce very different living conditions and problems. It's a lot harder to have violence and gangs when you have less people living in close proximity to each other.

? https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/sep/04/native-americans-stories-california

You obviously never lived near a native reservation.

If you compare the crime and violence levels of the average reservation to any other similar rural community you'll see a even greater difference than you do in the city with black vs. white communities.

You obviously never lived near a native reservation.

If you compare the crime and violence levels of the average reservation to any other similar rural community you'll see a even greater difference than you do in the city with black vs. white communities.
I've lived in the inner city in black/mexican communities and white communities,also there is a rez near me and it isnt crime ridden, so that is my reference point. Although it should be mentioned that native women are the most likely group to be raped in this country, and it isnt by native men. Its by non natives, who I should mention are allowed to live on reservations and go there to do illegal things like rape,drugs etc to avoid prosecution.

Back