Why are people angry at white privilege being real?

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Rod1, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Rod1

Rod1 Titanium Belt

Again, he was reported by the neighbours who assumed he was black (and thus up to no good).

A black man is far more likely to be reported to the police while doing nothing but minding their own business.

George Zimmerman followed Trayvon Martin because he was a young black male and he assumed he was a criminal.

2. Rod1

Rod1 Titanium Belt

And i know true poverty since i live in a third world country, plus i used to have an online friend who lived in Venezuela.

Privilege doesnt means your life is easy, the fact that people assume it is just because they fail to understand that there are people who have it worse, or worse, they dehumanized those that do, that doesnt means that life isnt as hard as one thinks it is.

3. deltapapha

deltapapha Brown Belt

why are people angry at racial IQ differences being real? I mean if we wanted to have a really honest discussion about some possible origins of the "privilege" then how bout a discussion on the aforementioned fact that even mainstream scientists are now coming to admit, like Sam Harris.

since we're being real about studies.

4. milkmandanl

milkmandanl Green Belt

Between O-Town and the Worlds Most Famous Beach
    How long have your arms been stretched with all the reaching that you're doing?

Nothing in your post equates to white privilege or racism...

uppercutbus likes this.
  5. Rod1

Rod1 Titanium Belt

Sure, the neigbours would had sicced the cops on a random white old man walking down the streets in Alabama, people call the cops on white elderly people all the time, since we know white elderly people are overrepresented in home burglaries.

6. Rod1

Rod1 Titanium Belt

How does it not?

Just because you are white you avoid the negative connotations of belonging to a group considered undesirable by society.

Thats what privilege is.

7. Rod1

Rod1 Titanium Belt

So you believe that whites have higher IQ but claim that having a higher IQ from birth is not a privilege?

8. USA!USA!

USA!USA! Black Belt

Seems like you are the one stereotyping folks in Alabama, assuming they are all racists and that is why they called.

Mark Cutting likes this.
  9. milkmandanl

milkmandanl Green Belt

No, what you wrote is not what privilege means and privlege not based on skin color
    What group does society consider undesirable?

10. Rod1

Rod1 Titanium Belt

No, people stereotype black males, because black males are overrepresented in crime.

11. Rod1

Rod1 Titanium Belt

Black males are overrepresented in criminal activity, thats a fact, looking like a black male by association will make people more wary of you.

12. deltapapha

deltapapha Brown Belt

I actually do think it is related to what I prefer to call advantages. Ok privilege. The science on IQ disparities has actually been a big bummer for me. Not that I am going to change my message on the matter of free will and personal responsibility, but it does make the message more problematic. Some would seek solutions in creating laws that enforce equality of outcome. Not me. That is fighting a losing battle. Competency will always trump attempts to mitigate the advantages it brings.

13. Mark Cutting

Mark Cutting Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card Yellow Card Banned

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Trayvon's ethnicity unknown at the time ? Dark out, hoodie, etc...

14. Rod1

Rod1 Titanium Belt

15. Rod1

Rod1 Titanium Belt

Giving better access to higher education and medical services to poor people isnt looking for equality of outcome.

kpt018 likes this.
  16. faustian

faustian THE LOOSE CANNON Platinum Member

I think the issue for some white people may be, when they have to wake up and fight the grind for the day, and as they struggle to do so they occasionally get informed of a certain privilege they were unaware of. Yet for some reason this privilege check never shows up in the mail nor gets deposited to their bank account. Then they get chastised for possessing this elusive privilege, even though they've still yet to actually know what it is or how to apply it

And then for some people, "white privilege" is an irrational concept relied upon by lazy thinkers, and there are people who disdain lazy thinkers, and some of these people also happen to be white

Starman likes this.
  17. milkmandanl

milkmandanl Green Belt

I’ve seen data that supports your statement but again....that doesn’t equate to white privelege nor racism

18. Rod1

Rod1 Titanium Belt

How come? i would consider people not assuming im a criminal just because how i look to be an inherent advantage.

19. milkmandanl

milkmandanl Green Belt

Because, in some areas criminals dress a certain way, look like a certain type, act a certain way...basically criminals come in all races/colors....if you look or act like a criminal/gangster some people will presume you are a criminal...these facts prove that your example is not racist nor a privilege based on skin color.

My comments don’t preclude that some people are in fact racist. I’m merely trying to be convinced that white privilege exists and I have not seen enough evidence that it does.

20. Rod1

Rod1 Titanium Belt

How was Trayvon Martin acting like a criminal? or the Indian grandpa?

AnGrYcRoW likes this.