Opinion Why are people angry at white privilege being real?

How does an excellent example of police brutality prove white privilege or even racism? There are hundred of examples of similar and worse things happening to people of all races at the hands of the police...curious s to how you made that leap

Again, he was reported by the neighbours who assumed he was black (and thus up to no good).

A black man is far more likely to be reported to the police while doing nothing but minding their own business.

George Zimmerman followed Trayvon Martin because he was a young black male and he assumed he was a criminal.

You know zero about anyone you accuse of this I'm sure.

And i know true poverty since i live in a third world country, plus i used to have an online friend who lived in Venezuela.

Privilege doesnt means your life is easy, the fact that people assume it is just because they fail to understand that there are people who have it worse, or worse, they dehumanized those that do, that doesnt means that life isnt as hard as one thinks it is.

Or a product exclusively of American origin? anyone in Mexico will tell you that having white skin is better than brown, and in 2017 a study demonstrate the obvious.

Being white is strongly correlated to education and wealth.

http://www.latinorebels.com/2017/06...co-white-mexicans-richer-and-more-successful/

That's one of the reasons i also chuckle at the white genocide crowd, whites becoming a minority will only make whites more desirable, as it happen in most of latin America.

why are people angry at racial IQ differences being real? I mean if we wanted to have a really honest discussion about some possible origins of the "privilege" then how bout a discussion on the aforementioned fact that even mainstream scientists are now coming to admit, like Sam Harris.

since we're being real about studies.

Again, he was reported by the neighbours who assumed he was black (and thus up to no good).

A black man is far more likely to be reported to the police while doing nothing but minding their own business.

George Zimmerman followed Trayvon Martin because he was a young black male and he assumed he was a criminal.

How long have your arms been stretched with all the reaching that you're doing?

Nothing in your post equates to white privilege or racism...

Maybe anyone walking there being suspicious would have been called? You don't really know - it doesn't mean they called because they thought it was a "black man" - maybe that is just how they helped describe the person to the police. Doesn't mean his skin color is why they called.

And I stand by my statement with the cop - if it was a white guy, that prick probably would have still done the same thing.

Sure, the neigbours would had sicced the cops on a random white old man walking down the streets in Alabama, people call the cops on white elderly people all the time, since we know white elderly people are overrepresented in home burglaries.

How long have your arms been stretched with all the reaching that you're doing?

Nothing in your post equates to white privilege or racism...

How does it not?

Just because you are white you avoid the negative connotations of belonging to a group considered undesirable by society.

Thats what privilege is.

why are people angry at racial IQ differences being real? I mean if we wanted to have a really honest discussion about some possible origins of the "privilege" then how bout a discussion on the aforementioned fact that even mainstream scientists are now coming to admit, like Sam Harris.

since we're being real about studies.

So you believe that whites have higher IQ but claim that having a higher IQ from birth is not a privilege?

Sure, the neigbours would had sicced the cops on a random white old man walking down the streets in Alabama, people call the cops on white elderly people all the time, since we know white elderly people are overrepresented in home burglaries.

Seems like you are the one stereotyping folks in Alabama, assuming they are all racists and that is why they called.

How does it not?

Just because you are white you avoid the negative connotations of belonging to a group considered undesirable by society.

Thats what privilege is.

No, what you wrote is not what privilege means and privlege not based on skin color
What group does society consider undesirable?

Seems like you are the one stereotyping folks in Alabama, assuming they are all racists and that is why they called.

No, people stereotype black males, because black males are overrepresented in crime.

No, what you wrote is not what privilege means and privlege not based on skin color
What group does society consider undesirable?

Black males are overrepresented in criminal activity, thats a fact, looking like a black male by association will make people more wary of you.

So you believe that whites have higher IQ but claim that having a higher IQ from birth is not a privilege?

I actually do think it is related to what I prefer to call advantages. Ok privilege. The science on IQ disparities has actually been a big bummer for me. Not that I am going to change my message on the matter of free will and personal responsibility, but it does make the message more problematic. Some would seek solutions in creating laws that enforce equality of outcome. Not me. That is fighting a losing battle. Competency will always trump attempts to mitigate the advantages it brings.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Trayvon's ethnicity unknown at the time ? Dark out, hoodie, etc...

I actually do think it is related to what I prefer to call advantages. Ok privilege. The science on IQ disparities has actually been a big bummer for me. Not that I am going to change my message on the matter of free will and personal responsibility, but it does make the message more problematic. Some would seek solutions in creating laws that enforce equality of outcome. Not me. That is fighting a losing battle. Competency will always trump attempts to mitigate the advantages it brings.

Giving better access to higher education and medical services to poor people isnt looking for equality of outcome.

I think the issue for some white people may be, when they have to wake up and fight the grind for the day, and as they struggle to do so they occasionally get informed of a certain privilege they were unaware of. Yet for some reason this privilege check never shows up in the mail nor gets deposited to their bank account. Then they get chastised for possessing this elusive privilege, even though they've still yet to actually know what it is or how to apply it

And then for some people, "white privilege" is an irrational concept relied upon by lazy thinkers, and there are people who disdain lazy thinkers, and some of these people also happen to be white

Black males are overrepresented in criminal activity, thats a fact, looking like a black male by association will make people more wary of you.

I’ve seen data that supports your statement but again....that doesn’t equate to white privelege nor racism

I’ve seen data that supports your statement but again....that doesn’t equate to white privelege nor racism

How come? i would consider people not assuming im a criminal just because how i look to be an inherent advantage.

How come? i would consider people not assuming im a criminal just because how i look to be an inherent advantage.

Because, in some areas criminals dress a certain way, look like a certain type, act a certain way...basically criminals come in all races/colors....if you look or act like a criminal/gangster some people will presume you are a criminal...these facts prove that your example is not racist nor a privilege based on skin color.

My comments don’t preclude that some people are in fact racist. I’m merely trying to be convinced that white privilege exists and I have not seen enough evidence that it does.

Because, in some areas criminals dress a certain way, look like a certain type, act a certain way...basically criminals come in all races/colors....if you look or act like a criminal/gangster some people will presume you are a criminal...these facts prove that your example is not racist nor a privilege based on skin color..

How was Trayvon Martin acting like a criminal? or the Indian grandpa?

Back