Who'll be in the Road FC 32-Man Lightweight Tournament?

International trials so far:
Lightweight: Melvin Guillard 32-16-2 vs Seung Yeon Kim 2-1
Lightweight: Shinj Sasaki 17-10-3 vs Albert Cheng 8-3
Lightweight: Chang Hyun Kim 17-10 vs Andy Main 11-2-1
Lightweight: Shamil Zavurov 30-5-1 vs Won Gi Kim 7-6-1
Lightweight: Leo Kuntz 17-3-1 vs Young Gi Hong 3-3

URCC has an event coming up on Jan 28, I'm guessing that's when the SE Asia trials will be held. Not sure on the dates of MFP's Eastern Europe trials or Deep's Japan trials
URCC - 28th
MFP - February
DEEP - March (78th Impact I assume, should make the Uesako vs Delumeau fight a part of it if it's not considering Uesako starched Young Gi Hong recently and is a protege of Sexyama)

in a just world, it will be a one night tournament

Not sure if it was this thread or another where someone said they thought Rodrigo Caporal should have won his fight in the China trials. Well, I guess Road thinks he deserves another chance:

Yeah, he would have clearly won his fight had he made weight. Good to see him get a second chance, hopefully doesn't screw it up.

I thought Dae Sung Park should have lost his last fight but it was close and he's a solid young talent. I believe that might have been his return fight from military duty so we'll see how he does now that he's been back for a bit.

Yeah, he would have clearly won his fight had he made weight. Good to see him get a second chance, hopefully doesn't screw it up.

I thought Dae Sung Park should have lost his last fight but it was close and he's a solid young talent. I believe that might have been his return fight from military duty so we'll see how he does now that he's been back for a bit.
I hadn't noticed it when checking his record earlier, but yes, that was Park's first fight back. This fight is a win-win for Road. If Caporal wins, they get a guy they obviously want for the tournament. If Park wins, they can bill it as their Young Guns system works for building up newer fighters, and he's the "Young Guns representative."

Full card via Facebook. Is it me, or are they missing a bout? Should have been 16 men in the qualifiers, unless they plan to promote one of the reserve bout winners to the second round if not needed as a replacement:

Event : XIAOMI ROAD FC 036
Date : Saturday, 11 Feb, 2017
Place : Jangchung Arena, Seoul, South Korea

XIAOMI ROAD FC 036...
일시 : 2017년 2월 11일 토요일
장소 : 서울 장충체육관

[Part 2]
MIDDLEWEIGHT CONTENDERS BOUT
Fukuda Riki VS Kim Nae-Chul

INTL. TRIALS LIGHTWEIGHT BOUT
Sasaki Shinji VS Albert Cheng

Leo Kuntz VS Hong Young-Ki

Rodrigo Caporal VS Park Dae-Seong

WOMEN'S OPENWEIGHT BOUT
Yoshiko VS Chun Sun-Yoo

Shamil Zavurov VS Kim Won-Ki

[Part 1]
FLYWEIGHT BOUT
Moon Jea-Hoon VS Nakahara Taiyo

Gleristone Santos VS Burenzorig Batmunkh

Kim Chang-Hyun VS Andy Main

Ronys Torres VS Ermek Tlauov

INTL. TRIALS LIGHTWEIGHT BOUT(RESERVE)
Lee Hyung-Seok VS Park Hae-Jin

INTL. TRIALS LIGHTWEIGHT BOUT(RESERVE)
Ki Won-Bin VS Jung Jae-Il

[Opening Match]
LIGHTWEIGHT BOUT
Min Kyeong-Chul VS Cho Young-Jun

FLYWEIGHT BOUT
Park Su-Wan VS Seo Dong-Soo

BANTAMWEIGHT BOUT
Seo Jin-Soo VS Lee Seong-SU

New Wave MMA ROAD FC

#ROADFC #로드FC #XIAOMIROADFC036 #ROADFC036 #TOURNAMENT #MMA #100만불토너먼트 #1MILLION

https://scontent.:eek::eek::eek:c1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/16299387_1366072163451286_8750063741753581570_n.jpg?oh=d86e6d8b8873bab17168f992fab0d3ef&oe=591B885D

If I understood correctly from when they announced Yui Chul Nam's participation, he is getting a bye to the second round of the trials. I could be wrong though but there's only 7 bouts announced so I wonder who got the other bye.

Last edited:
If I understood correctly from when they announced Yui Chul Nam's participation, he is getting a bye to the second round of the trials. I could be wrong though but there's only 7 bouts announced so I wonder who got the other bye.
Well, after going through their announcements made via Instagram, one fight not listed in my previous post that was announced for this card before is Melvien Guillard vs Seung-Yeon Kim. That fight, if it goes on, will make the 8 fights for the first round of the trials. Torres vs Tlauov and Gleristone Santos vs Burenzorig Batmunkh are previously unannounced fights.

My guess is Guillard fight is either canceled, or they're waiting on he results of his Bellator fight before announcing/canceling it.

Imagine if they could bring guys like dustin hazelet , jamie varner, out of retirement

Tournament schedule
ROAD%2BFC%2B1%2BMil%2BLW%2Bcopy.jpg

Looks like I was right about Yui Chul Nam getting a 1st round bye in the international trials and I guess Guillard is officially out of the tourney or at least the trials.

It says the URCC event this weekend is the SEA trials which I assume is between these bouts
http://www.tapology.com/fightcenter...icad-vs-reydon-the-filipino-bolo-punch-romero
http://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/bouts/292279-urcc-andrew-benibe-vs-the-kerala-krusher-rahul-raju

The final round of the Chinese trials are taking place at ROAD FC 38 in April
Khuukhenkhuu Amartuvshin vs Habiti Tuerxunbieke
Zhenyue Huang vs Lianru Shang

MFP trials on February 25th, DEEP trials on March 20th

"To sum up the regional qualifying seeds: China – 2, Southeast Asia – 1, Korea and international – 9, Russia – 1, and Japan – 1 for a total of 14 participants. The remaining two spots will be announced at a later date."

Southeast Asia trials Saturday night at URCC:

Tournament schedule
ROAD%2BFC%2B1%2BMil%2BLW%2Bcopy.jpg

Looks like I was right about Yui Chul Nam getting a 1st round bye in the international trials and I guess Guillard is officially out of the tourney or at least the trials.

It says the URCC event this weekend is the SEA trials which I assume is between these bouts
http://www.tapology.com/fightcenter...icad-vs-reydon-the-filipino-bolo-punch-romero
http://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/bouts/292279-urcc-andrew-benibe-vs-the-kerala-krusher-rahul-raju

The final round of the Chinese trials are taking place at ROAD FC 38 in April
Khuukhenkhuu Amartuvshin vs Habiti Tuerxunbieke
Zhenyue Huang vs Lianru Shang

MFP trials on February 25th, DEEP trials on March 20th

"To sum up the regional qualifying seeds: China – 2, Southeast Asia – 1, Korea and international – 9, Russia – 1, and Japan – 1 for a total of 14 participants. The remaining two spots will be announced at a later date."
This shit confuses me. Not sure where they got 32 from, and the article on their site made it seem like he international trials would be two rounds, not two separate trials.

Anyway, still a cool tournament. Very curious to see who will be in the second int trials, MFP, Deep, and who the two seeds will be.

OH yeah, interesting to note that in the second round of the China trials, the two ethnic Chinese will face each other, while the two Mongolians face each other. Guarantees one of each market makes it into the bracket. Smart marketing.

This shit confuses me. Not sure where they got 32 from, and the article on their site made it seem like he international trials would be two rounds, not two separate trials.

Anyway, still a cool tournament. Very curious to see who will be in the second int trials, MFP, Deep, and who the two seeds will be.
The 36 seems to be the trial rounds. The international trials are 2 rounds over 2 events.

Reydon Romero won the URCC trials

Anyone notice the new article detailing the schedule seems to indicate that the tournament winner will fight Kwon for the title and the $1million? I hope that was lost in translation, because if Kwon gets a chance at that money, that will be complete shit.

Anyone notice the new article detailing the schedule seems to indicate that the tournament winner will fight Kwon for the title and the $1million? I hope that was lost in translation, because if Kwon gets a chance at that money, that will be complete shit.
I want Kwon to go through the tournament defending his title. Depending on how the tournament money is settled, the winner will be a higher ranked fighter than Kwon.

Back