Who'll be in the Road FC 32-Man Lightweight Tournament?

According to Russian sources Shamil Zavurov, Ermek Tlauov, Bruno Mirada, Melvin Guillard and Ronys Torres will participate in this tournament.
Vuillard is scheduled to fight in the trials next month. Zavurov has signed on, but not sure forcwhat stage. Torres and Tlauov are interesting names. Miranda is a Road regular. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets seeded.

I wanted to see Melvin Guillard enter it but I don't think that'll happen any more.

Remember when a bunch of fools were saying this was going to be huge and bring in so many names.

Yeah, sure sounds like it.

The international trials so far include:
Melvin Guillard vs Seung Yeon Kim
Shinji Sasaki vs Albert Cheng
Chang Hyun Kim vs Andy Main
Yui Chul Nam

I assume the other names mentioned like Zavurov, Torres, etc will be in it as well if they are signing on for the tournament.

Takasuke Kume has declined Road FC`s offer. He wants to fight for the UFC instead.

Remember when a bunch of fools were saying this was going to be huge and bring in so many names.

Yeah, sure sounds like it.
In those words? No. Nobody really put it like that. You were shitting on this back in October, though, in this very thread.

My opinion of this still stands. Any non-UFC free agent should have leapt at the chance. Even if they don't make it all the way, they're still getting paid to fight in a growing international organization. Doing well on a big stage like that gets a lot of eyes on you, especially the eyes of promoters.

In those words? No. Nobody really put it like that. You were shitting on this back in October, though, in this very thread.

My opinion of this still stands. Any non-UFC free agent should have leapt at the chance. Even if they don't make it all the way, they're still getting paid to fight in a growing international organization. Doing well on a big stage like that gets a lot of eyes on you, especially the eyes of promoters.
Think you are over estimating it is all I am trying to say. Million bucks to have to beat that many guys. I assume they are getting paid peanuts otherwise.

It is not a great deal.

Looks like Roop is a seeded contender:

Is a well known addition to the 32 man tourney.....

Think you are over estimating it is all I am trying to say. Million bucks to have to beat that many guys. I assume they are getting paid peanuts otherwise.

It is not a great deal.
Most guys outside the UFC are getting paid peanuts anyway. $1Million is more than 99% fighters will make taking their entire career into account.

Looks like Roop is a seeded contender:

Is a well known addition to the 32 man tourney.....

Going to be interesting if he actually got seeded. Honestly, I hope he's not, and put in the trials. He's on a 3 fight skid, and lost to the former Road Bantamweight champ.

Going to be interesting if he actually got seeded. Honestly, I hope he's not, and put in the trials. He's on a 3 fight skid, and lost to the former Road Bantamweight champ.
Yes, i would preffer him to fight in the trials first to clean up his record, totally agree....

The international trials so far include:
Melvin Guillard vs Seung Yeon Kim
Shinji Sasaki vs Albert Cheng
Chang Hyun Kim vs Andy Main
Yui Chul Nam

I assume the other names mentioned like Zavurov, Torres, etc will be in it as well if they are signing on for the tournament.

imagine if Guilard loses in the trials lol
I thought the big names will be seeded directly

Another bout for the International Trials was just announced
C17QVFrUQAE4EKT.jpg

Most guys outside the UFC are getting paid peanuts anyway. $1Million is more than 99% fighters will make taking their entire career into account.
One of 32 people get that, the rest are probably getting like a K-Mart gift card.

imagine if Guilard loses in the trials lol
I thought the big names will be seeded directly
I think it was a wise move to put him in the trials, knowing his inconsistency both in fights and regarding making weight. Putting him in the trials might prevent a lot of headaches later.

After all the various trials are said and done, there will still be 20 spots to fill in the brackets,mso plenty of space available. I imagine maybe half will go to Road FC regulars, with the rest being filled by various free agents.

I figured it was only a matter of when, not if, Young-Gi Hong would be announced as a participant. I think if his recent record were better, he would already be seeded, instead of in the trials.

For those unfamiliar with him, remember how Pride would always try to bring in Japanese Judokas and Karatekas and hope they would be successful? Well, Hong is Road's equivalent for Korea and Taekwondo.

Last edited:
International trials so far:
Lightweight: Melvin Guillard 32-16-2 vs Seung Yeon Kim 2-1
Lightweight: Shinj Sasaki 17-10-3 vs Albert Cheng 8-3
Lightweight: Chang Hyun Kim 17-10 vs Andy Main 11-2-1
Lightweight: Shamil Zavurov 30-5-1 vs Won Gi Kim 7-6-1
Lightweight: Leo Kuntz 17-3-1 vs Young Gi Hong 3-3

URCC has an event coming up on Jan 28, I'm guessing that's when the SE Asia trials will be held. Not sure on the dates of MFP's Eastern Europe trials or Deep's Japan trials

Back